IGNORED

Anyone here from Eugene, Oregon?

impakt

Great suggestions guys, keep 'em coming.

Salvatorin: he looks like a great guy :D

i highly recommend checking out the rogue brewpub: http://www.rogue.com/

awesome beer and good food as well. hazlenut brown nectar on draft is the shit!

I've had some rogue brew actually, imported :)

Guest maantecaaa!!!

There's an awesome breakfast place, I forgot what it's called but you should be able to find it pretty easily. They serve seafood oriented breakfasts, eg scallops wrapped with bacon....with seafood that just came DIRECTLY FROM THE BOAT. One of the best breakfasts ever.

I'm sure 420 will be around, it's a pretty hippie-ish place from what I can remember. Do what I do: strike up a conversation with a local and ask about it, also acknowledge the fact that you're just visiting and that it's an awkward request. It's worked for me every time!

• 5 years later...

hey, i'll be in eugene next week as well. all these places still exist?

also, any recommendation on bookstores that either stock 2nd hand books/older books (basically, not barnes and noble) or old records?

and autopilot (or anyone who knows): what's that best coffee shop in town again? looks like the street view died

Cool to see so many users live in Oregon. I live in Cottage Grove, about 17 miles south of Eugene, I go there all the time. Anyone have any instruments for sale?

It's also worth mentionng that there are two graphic equalizers for sale at the goodwill in my town. One Technics and one Sony from the 80's I think. I picked up a Sony TC-K22 tape player and a Yamaha PSS-47Q from there. The tape player needs work, does anyone know any local places that could service it? It doesn't play at full speed, I think it just needs a new belt and a tune up or something.

bring patchouli repellent.

if you have access to a car there's a lot of day trips you can take.. to the coast Oregon Dunes State park.. to crater lake (if the roads are open). 

btw also need recs for springfield if possible. going to be staying betwix both cities.

bars with local brews (already did wine tasting at two hawks in Medford), record stores, 2nd hand books, etc.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

checked out mcmenamins- actually ended up going there for dinner one night and ordered the tots as appetizers (delish!) and a main course of the rice bowl with jamaican coconut curry, veggies, black beans, avocado, mango chutney and cilantro. i washed that down with two hammerhead pale ale (recommended by a local couple dining at the bar)

another place i went to was the falling sky gastropub in downtown springfield. here i had a classic hot dog, french fries and washed that luncheon down with a ritual esb nitro brew (pictures below)

one surprising thing about eugene: the sheer amount of dead beat no good, good for nothings loitering around doing nothing. kinda like being in the sunset district of san francisco except imagine if that place was worse.

i found a couple of bookstores but they just had the basic reads and the record stores mostly either had reggae or some DIY punk stuff but nothing i was after so i mostly concentrated on exploring the local boozers.

thanks to everyone who recommended something and hope to going visiting another (yours?) shity soon too ;)

loTOteu.jpg

mKQCCW0.jpg

nzyvwP3.jpg

one surprising thing about eugene: the sheer amount of dead beat no good, good for nothings loitering around doing nothing. kinda like being in the sunset district of san francisco except imagine if that place was worse.

f60f7108b77472d0a42aff080ec5c7a0.jpg

You’re right, though, Eugene is on the whole an unfortunately insipid place. Everyone worthwhile I know who lives there pretty much considers it a no-frills home base for camping/climbing/snowsports/etc. Also plenty of drugs there, fwiw.

Archived