IGNORED

WTF is with the new layout? (read thread before posting)

chim

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

I'll struggle to Wattm at work unless I can turn off avatars, is there a setting hidden somewhere or is it just not available on this one?

Guest Coalbucket PI

<------ why would you want to turn off this?

well she looks possessed for one, but also theres no fooling anyone that im doing work if theres a bunch of pictures of sheep and satanic sluts on my monitor

notifications still do not work for me.

another problem: In the mobile skin you can not jump to a specific page in the topic. new topics bring you right to where you did read before but old topics start from the first page. so if I want to continue reading some old long topic I would have to push the next button 20 times to be on the latest page. that kind of sucks

Guest hahathhat

Dr Hat posts still show up

:(

i got this heuristic winamp plugin that detects and removes the dopplereffekt samples from your trax. i like to hear the real innovation

Dr Hat posts still show up

:(

i got this heuristic winamp plugin that detects and removes the dopplereffekt samples from your trax. i like to hear the real innovation

lool

Guest hahathhat

i find it a tad shortsighted that they just changed the live board interface with the attitude that the bugs could be sorted out later. why not do it on a private testbed copy first, to fix the obvious problems, and make a much better first impression?

So what should I do with my iPhone? The new font is so small and it seems I browse more with my phone than I do sitting down at a computer these days?

You should use the Mobile Skin... it's really good on iPhone/iPad.

i will say i'm not a huge fan of the circle/star thing but maybe it's just because i am not used to it.

i seriously can't find circle/star

fuuuuuuuuh.....

i find it a tad shortsighted that they just changed the live board interface with the attitude that the bugs could be sorted out later. why not do it on a private testbed copy first, to fix the obvious problems, and make a much better first impression?

I guess I need to smack you down like I did Rhombix...

First off, this is not our skin - this is the default skin that comes with the latest release of this forum software. Any 'bugs' are not our fault, and while you can complain about some of them and we can fix some of them, there's others that will just need to be sorted out by developing our own skin, or in the case of genuine code bugs, the developers will resolve or a Addon developer will come up with a solution/workaround for.

Second, I develop software and web applications for a living (so does Chaosmachine) - don't sit here and lecture about how we should have done a "private testbed copy" or any of that other bullshit you're pretending to know something about. I gave up my lunch break to upgrade the forum as I really don't have the free time otherwise, and don't feel like staying up until 1AM doing it at home. I was considering doing a test forum, etc. but honestly - it's a fucking messageboard. This is not "mission critical" by any stretch of the imagination.

Lastly, even if we had done things "the right way", you and the rest of the trolls would have bitched or complained about something anyways, so why go through all that effort AND put up with the gnashing of teeth, etc. What's ironic is once a new version of the forum software comes out that changes things again, you'll all fall into the same routine as before where you complain for the sake of it. If you don't like it, then GTFO and run your own forum if you think you can do better.

Thanks to everyone who has brought up legitimate concerns and pointed out issues that are relevant and make sense, versus idiot trolls who love nothing more than to shit on the very plate they likewise love to eat off of.

*pats Banhammer™* Soon, my pet, soooon.

i will say i'm not a huge fan of the circle/star thing but maybe it's just because i am not used to it.

i seriously can't find circle/star

fuuuuuuuuh.....

Yeah, that's a really bad design decision on their part - we'll try to address that on any custom skins.

LOL, I can't win for losing... they just released the latest update (3.2.1) that "addresses the avatar size issue as well as fixes over 170 bugs", etc. FML

Hang onto your butts!

Archived