IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Replica

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

really really intrigued by that track... it's really well done i think. feels weird and... fresh

I think 'intrigued' is the exact word ieafs. Sounds really, really good to me and sort of drills slowly into your brain.

Nice.

Edited by beerwolf

great track. really looking forward to this. i've really been enjoying OPN these past few years, but i was a little worried about the direction of this album after reading some of the blurbs about it. not worried anymore now.

Very excited—indeed sounds a lot like the Chuck Person release, although Returnal was pretty diverse, so I'm not putting all my eggs in the chopped-and-screwed-80's-pop basket just yet

Guest oldenjon

like the mixture of his sampling techniques mixed with synths (maybe samples of synths?) any how i like that he's progressing into new territories and not choosing a different moniker to do that.

well said, i'm nervous that i won't like this new direction as much though. OPN has been a staple for me ever since i first heard zones

• 2 weeks later...

Well, with the pre-order came a pre-release MP3 of "It's A Good Time". Sounds really good—on a similar tip to Sleep Dealer, as far as sample-friendly synth music goes. The mixing seems a bit extreme from sample to sample, but by far, I'm way more interested in this release than Returnal.

Nothing's been said publicly. Maybe he just wants to put it out on his own brand new label. No idea :shrug: . I doubt it has to do with aesthetics either. Peter Rehberg has put out albums by Bill Orcutt and others who don't really fit the general sound that the label has.

Guest jasondonervan

Well, with the pre-order came a pre-release MP3 of "It's A Good Time". Sounds really good—on a similar tip to Sleep Dealer, as far as sample-friendly synth music goes. The mixing seems a bit extreme from sample to sample, but by far, I'm way more interested in this release than Returnal.

Actually the mp3 is an album sampler - with the 'it's a good time' sample dropped in repeatedly so as not to give too much away tracks-wise, I'll wager. This probably explains why you thought the mixing to be a little extreme, given that it's shoe-horning in an album's worth of sounds in six minutes rather than being just the one track. I went for the audiophile swag bundle too, I've hoovered up anything OPN-related for years so it was a no-brainer for me.

Oh, and a friendly hello to one and all (In watmm registration terms I'm brand new, but I've been lurking around for aeons).

Actually the mp3 is an album sampler - with the 'it's a good time' sample dropped in repeatedly so as not to give too much away tracks-wise, I'll wager. This probably explains why you thought the mixing to be a little extreme, given that it's shoe-horning in an album's worth of sounds in six minutes rather than being just the one track. I went for the audiophile swag bundle too, I've hoovered up anything OPN-related for years so it was a no-brainer for me.

Oh, and a friendly hello to one and all (In watmm registration terms I'm brand new, but I've been lurking around for aeons).

oh word, i was pretty high/drunk when i listened to the track, and it definitely didn't make sense from minute to minute haha, thanks for pointing that out.

I'd like to order the "just the mp3s, i don't need any of that other stuff" bundle but i can't find it on the site. why do they insist on sending me a zine and poster i'm not really that interested in? just let me buy the tunes, damnit

Guest bitroast

*bump*

combined video found on youtube with an older oneohtrix point never song. some people may be interested?