IGNORED

Burial & Massive Attack

jules

I guess you have to buy the vinyl and then download, shame it's sold out.

Edited by Gocab

I haven't heard the original, but I'm not as big of a fan of the remix "Paradise Circus" as I am with "Four Walls"

Its still good, and I love the part from 9:00+ onward, but the first 7 minutes almost put me in a coma.

The original was a favorite of that album, but I can't help but feel underwhelmed by this remix.

Awww, they haven't fucked up my favourite track of 2010 have they ? :cry: (I refuse to listen to it until the 12'' arrives)

so this shit sold out in one day???

thats shocking.

i did think 1000 was a small number for all the massive attack and burial fans.

but i didnt think 1000 people would dish out that much cash in 30 hours.

Guest bitroast

^^^ this.

The original was a favorite of that album, but I can't help but feel underwhelmed by this remix.

yeah. the track is alright, but four walls is ten times better.

gess im kind of glad there's no entire remix album. might've sounded forced/uninspired.

yeah. the track is alright, but four walls is ten times better.

gess im kind of glad there's no entire remix album. might've sounded forced/uninspired.

I'll probably be proven wrong, but I have this weird feeling there will be further twelves forming a small series of releases.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered the vinyl (thanks for the heads-up Jules), and just playing it now for the first time. I resisted the leaks.

The a-side is real good, it has a BoC dark-wobble to it like Buckie High and the trademark female vocals seem almost angelic.....yeah whatever, I'll cut too the chase and say this is really fucking good. And the b-side is just as good too,.....

Thanks Mr Burial :ok:

I do agree that it should get a digital release as music should be music and not just some museum peice. I am glad to have the vinyl though and it sounds amazing I can assure you the distortion and crackles are meant to be there lol.

Edit:

This really is an epic 12"

Edited by beerwolf

Really love this, one thing I did notice however is that he seems go get bored around the 9 minute mark of the Paradise Circus remix and just bungs on another song. Just leave it at the 9 minutes my dear and it'd be grand, it's not a track length pissing contest !

It's one of the worst presses i've ever heard. Even worse than the Street Halo A side in fact. Distorted to hell and back and sounding positively nasty. Not just my copy either, as a few others on discogs were saying the same thing. Tragic really.

all the more reason for a digital release. :wtf:

i'd bet anything they purposely press it poorly thinking it adds to the wobbles and crack hiss pops at he same time saving money and charging premiums. smells funky to me and i do not feel bad about downloading when it gets presented like this. that said, i absolutely adore both tracks.

Edited by jules

It's one of the worst presses i've ever heard. Even worse than the Street Halo A side in fact. Distorted to hell and back and sounding positively nasty. Not just my copy either, as a few others on discogs were saying the same thing. Tragic really.

I think (think !) it's intentional, either that or employees in the pressing house in charge of OK-ing side B all needs firing. I'm pretty sure the heavy distortion on the vocals etc. is all part of the not-quite-tuned-in-radio atmosphere that seems to run thoughout this record.

I emailed them about it actually, and they said this:

We've taken a listen through the metalwork, test pressings and final

product and they all correlate; distortion of that kind isn't really a

pressing issue. This suggests the lacquer was cut that way, and seeing as

the test pressings were passed and the artists have had their copies

without raising any issues, we have to asume that all is well with them.

I'm pretty shocked personally. For those who don't have the record,

this is how the vinyl sounds. My only question is if this is how the record is supposed to sound, then why does the youtube/digital/radio rips all sound completely fine and different?

I think it's a shitty mastering job personally, which is even more surprising considering Transition did it.

Edited by brisk

Yeah that's how my vinyl copy sounds too - I assumed it was just tube distortion applied to the vocal reverb. Though why the digital rips don't sound like that I have no idea ?!