IGNORED

Burial & Massive Attack

jules

Guest nene multiple assgasms

if I recall correctly, when street halo came out people were making similar complaints about the pressing being of poor quality, when it was just burial using vinyl crackle instead of rain/burning leaves or whatever else he's used in the past. maybe he's just taking it to a new level this time, although I'm not sure why the streaming version would sound different.

if I recall correctly, when street halo came out people were making similar complaints about the pressing being of poor quality, when it was just burial using vinyl crackle instead of rain/burning leaves or whatever else he's used in the past. maybe he's just taking it to a new level this time, although I'm not sure why the streaming version would sound different.

Nah, that was a shit press too. At least the A side. Overcompressed like crazy, trying to squeeze too much volume out of it. All you need to do is compare the digital version to the vinyl and you'll hear the problem. Surface noise wasn't the issue.

Pretty tragic how shit most vinyl presses are these days.

Edited by brisk

edit: it just occurred to me that, what if the added distortion was a mistake, but they liked the way it sounded and decided to keep it that way instead of doing another test pressing?

Nah, that was a shit press too. At least the A side. Overcompressed like crazy, trying to squeeze too much volume out of it. All you need to do is compare the digital version to the vinyl and you'll hear the problem. Surface noise wasn't the issue.

Pretty tragic how shit most vinyl presses are these days.

I've got both the vinyl and the flacs, and they sound pretty good to me. maybe the 12" isn't the best I've ever heard, but I think you're being a little picky. or maybe I got lucky and got one of the few decent ones.

I just hate that over-amped, squeezed-to-fuck sound that comes with "modern" vinyl presses. It's daft making the vinyl sound inhumanely loud anyway, since most clubs don't even have decks in them anymore (and the ones that do tend to use limiters anyway)

Better to do a clear, clean press that sacrifices volume, rather than one that is digitally brickwalled and loses all the charm. It genuinely makes me cringe, though maybe my ears are more sensitive than most. I also press a lot of vinyl myself, so perhaps i'm biased.

Edited by brisk

My god I love these tracks, been listening to them all day. Really so good. But.......

Ive listen to a few vinyl rips around the internet and the really sound like arse. The radio rip arse so lovely, except for Mary Ann Hobbs cringy commentary.

why can't they just release a proper digital version. this boggles my mind and makes me freaking crazy. this vinyl only shit these days is for the birds. makes absolutely zero sense.

:wtf:

#932 arrived.

First thing I did upon arrival: download a rip from my favorite supplier. Mental note: 24bit96khz flac still sounds like crap when sourced from crappy vinyl.