This is my 2010 Halloween mix. I finished it just in time for my party on the 31st, so I decided not to post it and kept it locked away for a year.

u3Btt.jpg

Cover designed by Phil

I dug deep and scrambled together some of the darkest tracks I could find - the result ended up being quite sinister. It's a Downtempo,

Dark Ambient-ish, Experimental kind of thing. The original mix was designed to fit on a 90 minute cassette tape, but I dropped Side A

as it was ultimately inferior to Side B, which I am sharing with you here.

It's is also kinda my personal favorite out of all mixes I have done yet, so I hope it will help making someone else's Halloween a little creepier.

DOWNLOAD

mp3

320kbps

44:44 min

PercussionLab

MixCloud

Tracklist:

I do recommend listening without looking at the tracklist first - spoils the mystery imo - although some of the tracks are quite obscure, so it doesn't matter all that much. Here you go:

The Advisory Circle --- And The Cuckoo Comes ...

Breakage ----------------- Black Sunshine

Bass Communion ------ Ghosts On Magnetic Tape (Andrew Liles Reconstruction) I

Murcof ---------------------- Maiz (Icarus Mix)

Busdriver ------------------ Go Slow (feat. Bianca Casady)

Boards of Canada ----- House of Abin'adab

Scanner -------------------- Rivers & Bridges

Akira Yamaoka --------- Heaven's Night

Bovine Life --------------- Gneiss

Bass Communion ------ Ghosts On Magnetic Tape (Andrew Liles Reconstruction) II

Portishead ---------------- Humming (Instrumental)

Bass Communion ------- Ghosts On Magnetic Tape (Andrew Liles Reconstruction) I

Scanner -------------------- Immemory

Squarepusher ----------- Ruin

Autechre ------------------- Like A Motorway (Skin Up, You're Already Dead)

Akira Yamaoka --------- Resting Comfortably

Bola -------------------------- Papnwea

Gonjasufi ------------------ Ancestors

Bass Communion ------ Ghosts On Magnetic Tape (Andrew Liles Reconstruction) I

So do I. Not many of those around this year, it seems (although I think the new Sparkle Motion aka Smash TV Skinemax -mix is the best soundtrack for a Halloween party I can imagine)

Hope you got some feedback for me at some point. There's even a new Halloween one from me in the works, but I'm not sure I'll post it this year.

Just got back from a long work trip. Haven't been around WATMM until now but excited to check this out tomorrow, always love your mixes!

This is gonna be a letdown then: It's the same one I sent you back in November (well, only Side B of it) :wink:

But if you're lucky I'll finish my new one in time for Halloween. But I guess I can't really post it publicly for legal reasons ... :spiteful:

This is gonna be a letdown then: It's the same one I sent you back in November (well, only Side B of it) :wink:

But if you're lucky I'll finish my new one in time for Halloween. But I guess I can't really post it publicly for legal reasons ... :spiteful:

Listening to it now! Haha I got about 10 minutes in before I started getting that weird deja vu "haven't I heard this before" feeling. Once I hit BOC I knew it. Still a great mix and looking forward to your new one!

Archived