IGNORED

Recommend me some good Horror-Films

Terpentintollwut

Someone told me the other day that "Hollywood" is making a film of Rentaghost (which is just about the weirdest and most improbable event I can imagine (even in a universe of infinite variation)). Surely some kind of biblical signifier that the end of time is nigh.

Oh yeah... Ben Stiller is involved. Who is he gonna play... Mr Claypole? WTF?

Does anyone else here even know what Rentaghost is?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone told me the other day that "Hollywood" is making a film of Rentaghost (which is just about the weirdest and most improbable event I can imagine (even in a universe of infinite variation)). Surely some kind of biblical signifier that the end of time is nigh.

i do, yeah.

um, so someone told you? maybe it's not true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40R0ccBfYpM

it's pretty much Antichrist but from 1981. Beware, has dark haired woman in it.

Dude. WTF is up with

?!?!? :music:

FYI... y'all are a bunch o puzzies.

[media='']

[/media]

[media='']

[/media]

[media='']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-rez672Z5o&feature=related[/media]

[media='']

[/media]

[media='']

[/media]

[media='']

[/media]

[media='']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MntiEGXQFk[/media]

[media='']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXZea1oHI8w[/media]

i do, yeah.

um, so someone told you? maybe it's not true.

Apparently it is. Russel Brand walked away from it and Stiller stepped in.

black christmas - massively underrated.

amnesia: the dark descent - either watch a play-through or better still play it yourself at night, alone with headphones on, better than any movie.

bai

amnesia: the dark descent - either watch a play-through or better still play it yourself at night, alone with headphones on, better than any movie.

I did play through the entire game: I figured it looked cool so I gave it to my ex gf as a birthday present, knowing she wouldn't have the balls to play it herself, so I would get the chance to play it myself on her better computer - Boy how I regretted that!

seems like all horror films these days are pastiche.. the 70s/ 80s was a golden era. god almost everything released these days is so fucking lame..

Insidious starts well but the second half is complete toss.

Whistle and I'll Come To You looks great, the version of Woman in Black they made for television seems similar so I hope it's as good.

Some good recommendations here. Shutter was horrific the first time I saw it, The Eye is quite fun too. Inside is fucking grim, it's so awesome I lent it to a girl at work and she stole it.

If you like older horror give Night of the Demon a go, Kate Bush is a fan! The Devil's Backbone, The Kill List and The Last Winter are films I have been recently impressed by, and although it's not really a horror but it's one of my favourite films soI feel I must mention The Wicker Man.

Insidious starts well but the second half is complete toss.

coincidence: I started watching it and fell asleep about halfway in. That wasn't the movie's fault though, I was just very tired. On the other hand, I wasn't very thrilled either, and I thought Patrick Wilson was pretty weak compared to his usual level of acting. There was a bit of freehand-camera work going on which made the rooms seem a bit claustrophobic, but then it wasn't really taken all the way and only showed up a few times ... But I'll re-watch from the beginning, maybe I was too tired altogether.

Seems to be quite difficult to find a good, recent, subtle, creepy movie. I guess I really am looking for something The Others-esque ...

edit: The Village has roughly the same vibe. Maybe just because it's (apparently) set in old times as well, but I think it's not just that. I like the whole direction. Unlike most people, I like it better than most other Shyamalan movies.

But I haven't gone through my list yet.

Archived