IGNORED

The End of Music

patternoverlap

a slow acceleration through every note of every scale played on speakers layed across the continents. slowly every piece of music ever written gyrates through genre based algorithms, building to incorporate every moment of music played within each other piece of music. mozart in the ramones, the beatles in taliban theme song, etc, then gyrating through itself, incorporating it's own music into it's own music, playing every known synthesizer tone yet discovered, through all possible algorithms of sound, at every rhythm, then remixes itself in every genre, techno in jazz remix, classical in reggae remix, every millisecond of music in every other millisecond of music, like the first note of the theme song for gilligans island repeated and sampled in place of the string instruments in music for 18 musicians.

a slow acceleration through every note of every scale played on speakers layed across the continents. slowly every piece of music ever written gyrates through genre based algorithms, building to incorporate every moment of music played within each other piece of music. mozart in the ramones, the beatles in taliban theme song, etc, then gyrating through itself, incorporating it's own music into it's own music, playing every known synthesizer tone yet discovered, through all possible algorithms of sound, at every rhythm, then remixes itself in every genre, techno in jazz remix, classical in reggae remix, every millisecond of music in every other millisecond of music, like the first note of the theme song for gilligans island repeated and sampled in place of the string instruments in music for 18 musicians.

So something between the THX test pattern and Lentic Catachresis

I forgot to mention. Every existing sound from handlebars to wood knocking on a platypus to seals taking a shit on a tennis court to every single possible sound of mouse clicks from tabulature to wheel based... each sound, lasting no more than 1-2 seconds, played within 0 trilliseconds apart from one another, played only once, forming a very long string of <1 second sounds, playing at full speed until all sounds have been accounted for.

Well, I want this to be played at my funeral so if the world comes to the end next year... then why not?

In case of copyright infringement, I'm going to ask Danny Elfman if we can play this instead...

I really like this idea, though it's kinda wasted on a forum like this...

So something between the THX test pattern and Lentic Catachresis

I've thought in the past about which track I would listen to just before death (if I had the choice), and I've always had Lentic Catachresis on hand as an option. I'm gonna suggest it for this thread, along with:

Polygon Window - Quino-phec

Aphex Twin - Alberto Balsalm

Autechre - Vletrmx21

Philip Glass - Music In Conrary Motion

Philip Glass - Another Look at Harmony, Part 4

That last one is 50 minutes so you might wanna give the Grim Reaper a magazine or something.

Archived