IGNORED

Dubstep just became a MEME

YO303

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nene multiple assgasms

dubstep could become the official genre of nambla. that wouldn't keep me from listening to good dubstep.

• 3 weeks later...
The customer reviews for that are great.

Holy lol (literally!)

61iapLLHrqL._SS500_.jpg

51Jj2CtPgFL._SS500_.jpg

Also love compilation covers, especially how they have to incorporate some form of mouse ears to let people know it's like, serious dubstep. Reminds me of this epic cover from a bygone era:

126553.jpg

dub step questions:

why is it called dub step when it doesn't sound like dub?

are burial and skrillex really in the same category?

how long before there is a genre called post dub step or post step?

Guest nene multiple assgasms

why is it called dub step when it doesn't sound like dub?

some of it does sound like dub. plus it developed in part from instrumental (dub) versions of u.k. garage vocal tracks.

are burial and skrillex really in the same category?

if the category is dubstep, then yes, they often are. there are valid reasons for not categorizing either as dubstep.

well, there's already future garage, which is kind of like that, although it's also sort of going back to dubstep's roots. there are also dubstep artists that have changed to the point of basically making a variety of minimal techno.

Perfectly way to get our youth away from the satanic influences of Skrillex, Nero, and Porter Robinson. Seriously have you seen Skrillex? He looks like a fairy. I wouldn't want my child wub wubbing to him. This album is a sonic rainboom of holy righteous dubstep perfect for returning the godless children of today back to the herd.

lol

Perfectly way to get our youth away from the satanic influences of Skrillex, Nero, and Porter Robinson. Seriously have you seen Skrillex? He looks like a fairy. I wouldn't want my child wub wubbing to him. This album is a sonic rainboom of holy righteous dubstep perfect for returning the godless children of today back to the herd.

lol

fuckin lol

lol

fuckin lol

I said it once in another thread, and I'll say it again, some of those are a paulstretch and pitch shift away from becoming dark ambient pieces.

Guest RadarJammer

lol

fuckin lol

I said it once in another thread, and I'll say it again, some of those are a paulstretch and pitch shift away from becoming dark ambient pieces.

heretic/blasphemer!

[quote name=jules' timestamp='1324524596'

post='1717206]

http://soundcloud.com/groups/post-dubstep

People on youtube were calling burial's music post-dubstep...and I remember an article which said that Mount Kimbie was post-dubstep.

Mount Kimbie is IDM but everyone currently in the blogosphere is too young to remember that term.

no

i'd call mount kimbie future garage, and i am old enough to remember the term IDM.

Mount Kimbie is IDM but everyone currently in the blogosphere is too young to remember that term.

no

i'd call mount kimbie future garage, and i am old enough to remember the term IDM.

Yep. Mount Kimbie und IDM, that doesn't fit in my opinion as well, and though I'm quite young, I know and love the (classic) IDM sound.

Archived