IGNORED

Iran vs US/Israel conflict escalating

Hautlle

And since this whole thing is about oil, and the US are effectively building a pipeline around Iran, it makes sense for them to want to use nuclear power for their energy. If they can become self-sufficient then they can sell all that oil (presumably to Russia and China).

European Energy Commissioner Guenther Oettinger said on Tuesday there was consensus among some EU countries to ban imports of Iranian oil and that Europe hoped to bring Russia on board in a global ban.

But the world's biggest crude oil producer, which does not import any Iranian crude, is unlikely to back the plan aimed at piling pressure on Iran to drop its disputed nuclear program.

"It is quite obvious that this decision is based on some political motivation ... In these situations we try to be as neutral as possible," Sergei Shmatko told reporters on the sidelines of theWorld Petroleum Congress.

Lol! Russia would never do that. They've been allies with Iran forever, along with China. Russia will not be on "our" side if there is war.

While I agree with you that Russia would not be on "our" side, you can't think in terms of the cold war anymore. There is the American superpower (militarily - no one else is even close), and then lots of other states. The situation is much more like the classic structural realism - it's a multistate anarchic system. Russia and China haven't been true allies for a long time. Iran serves strategic value, but Russia wouldn't go to war over them.

I wasn't thinking in terms of cold war, just the fact that Russia and Iran seemed to be close allies from what I've studied.

You may be right about Russia not going to war over Iran, but I certainly don't think that Russia is going to take part in any ban against Iran like Gary C's link-quote said.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well china is quite happy to take the petrochemicals at a discount, russia is mates with china. That and most other general assembly countries in the world besides the west, disagree with security council sanctions. So that's a few people against. But only the big powers count.

Well that and the fact that Iran would fucking total very many things if a war was started with them. Not least of which, israel.

Of course the US could be working on regime change in some long term game, so be able to walk in and then have the military stage a coup or something. You never know what's really up -sie-. Well besides the surface rape and pillaging

Well that and the fact that Iran would fucking total very many things if a war was started with them. Not least of which, israel.

A: No proof they have weapons, or are trying to get weapons.

B: Pakistan has weapons, and nothing has been "total'd".

C: No they wouldn't

I don't think you really understood what i was saying. One thing that i wasn't saying was that iran had any nukes. One thing i was implying was that iran have a bloody great army, which unlike iraq's, is still intact and ready to go. Not to mention that hezbollah would assist. They have also stated that they would use agents in the US and elsewhere to bring the war directly to the soil of the aggressors, were they to be attacked.

Guest Xenblake

I wonder what will happen...no actually I don't. If I really think about I don't really give a flying shit.

Is that a bad thing?

Not really. It's all pretty depressing and there isn't much you can do about it, bar revolution. I think as long as you're a kind and useful member of society, i'm cool with you not wanting to know about this stuff. As long of course as you don't start putting down those that do.

;-]

I don't think you really understood what i was saying. One thing that i wasn't saying was that iran had any nukes. One thing i was implying was that iran have a bloody great army, which unlike iraq's, is still intact and ready to go. Not to mention that hezbollah would assist. They have also stated that they would use agents in the US and elsewhere to bring the war directly to the soil of the aggressors, were they to be attacked.

Ha, yea you're right, sorry about that. I'm to ready to be on the defensive I guess.

I just feel bad for Iran for getting fucked over by US/UK/Israel so many times, and I'm tired of being at war for 10 years straight with no end at all in site.

delet - al jazeera actually reports as opposed to simply spewing out propaganda, which is what RT does.

Also Iran might have an army, but the US would just sit back and bomb the fuck out of them. The only way Iran could win a war would be to fight it unconventionally.

Murve yeah most likely Russia would not take part in sanctions against Iran. They already don't with North Korea (same with China).

Soon the evil Iranians will have reverse-engineered that drone and an armada of them will rain nuclear fire upon the Great Satan!

Actually they're gonna give it to Russia or China (more likely just have them come check it out) so they can reverse engineer it along with the stealth skin it has and other things

Soon the evil Iranians will have reverse-engineered that drone and an armada of them will rain nuclear fire upon the Great Satan!

Actually they're gonna give it to Russia or China (more likely just have them come check it out) so they can reverse engineer it along with the stealth skin it has and other things

And then the US military will have to develop some new technology to be better than that. It's a definite military-industrial complex conspiracy.

And then the US military will have to develop some new technology to be better than that. It's a definite military-industrial complex conspiracy.

**strokes beard and ponders**

apcdn-39435.gif

one can only hope. That would be badass.

I'm not as anti-America as some here (in fact I consider myself a "true patriot") but what is good for the goose...

one can only hope. That would be badass.

I'm not as anti-America as some here (in fact I consider myself a "true patriot") but what is good for the goose...

I would love to know how a large-scale nuclear attack on the United States would benefit anyone.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/09/12/world/asia/20100912-afghan-indicators.html

you can forget about bases in Afghanistan - troops there barely control the bases, they're scared to go outside them. Even Kabul is seeing increasing attacks.

Archived