IGNORED

Iran vs US/Israel conflict escalating

Hautlle

bring the troops home from iraq!

and ship them to iran

The sad thing about it is this: WTF are all these guys gonna do when they get back? There's no jobs here. We're going to have even more people just idling. We gotta have wars or else we can't justify increasing the DoD budget every year...

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bring the troops home from iraq!

and ship them to iran

The sad thing about it is this: WTF are all these guys gonna do when they get back? There's no jobs here. We're going to have even more people just idling. We gotta have wars or else we can't justify increasing the DoD budget every year...

even sadder: think about how much gas we will waste by shipping them from irag > u.s > iran instead of just going from iraq > iran.

god. this is fucked up.

As awful and backhanded as it is us secretly going around and fucking them up when we're not even at war, I sure as hell hope that we do remove any nuclear technology that they do have before this becomes a war, because if it does, and we haven't, they are going to use any nukes they have. If that happens, then A. it's going to be the worst thing that's even happened to the US in history, and B. we will probably fire back, and blow up the whole middle east.

a bunch of fuking flatlanders you all are.

talking a few too many levels above your actual competence regarding anything of the subject.

anyone want to debate facts?

then please first present facts.

That's ironic, elusive, considering you talk out of your ass more than anyone else on the forum.

but please, let's hear your take on the matter

god. this is fucked up.

I sure as hell hope that we do remove any nuclear technology that they do have before this becomes a war, because if it does, and we haven't, they are going to use any nukes they have.

Why would Iran use their nukes* on us?

*The nukes they claim to not have.

god. this is fucked up.

I sure as hell hope that we do remove any nuclear technology that they do have before this becomes a war, because if it does, and we haven't, they are going to use any nukes they have.

Well, the currently leadership isn't exactly the most sane in the world, and seeing the horrible shit we've done to Iraq and Afghanistan, I imagine they'd do anything in their power to deter us from doing the same if we got into a full-on war with them, even if it is suicidal.

wars made jobs in the early 20th century, now not so much, unless you are an engineer.

also, if Iran DID use a nuclear weapon, that would probably be the stupidest move they could possibly make.

instant death for all involved. huzzah! solved the problem?

Right. I'm not saying it's rational, but if they've made them, and it's not unlikely that they have, then they made them for use in that exact kind of situation.

I do not want to give the idea that I think it's inevitable or even likely, I am just worried about the worst case scenario of what could come of this. Iran is a lot more of a dangerous enemy than either Afghanistan or Iraq, so I am really hoping that we do not get into a real war with them. Not to mention how terrible it will be for the Iranian people, who have already gone through more than enough shit without further help from us.

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.thebullet...eas-report-iran

Gah, thank you chen. Please read this.

Iran is refining its previous understanding of nuclear weapons design -- not breaking for a bomb.

I have no problem with this. They have every right to do this.

god. this is fucked up.

Well, the currently leadership isn't exactly the most sane in the world, and seeing the horrible shit we've done to Iraq and Afghanistan, I imagine they'd do anything in their power to deter us from doing the same if we got into a full-on war with them, even if it is suicidal.

Their leadership is sane (in the sense that they wouldn't launch nukes, not in the sense of following fundamentalist islam). Remember that their crazy-ass president is a figurehead, and that the supreme leader is the supreme leader.

I'm more worried about Pakistan having weapons (which they do).

Edit: Just read your post, and I assumed that you were worst-casing it. I just love to debate.

Edit2: I don't mean their president is literally a figurehead, but he has much less power than people are giving him credit for.

the nuke is to guarantee the end of US interference. no one in their right mind would see it any other way..and this is why the US has been in such a panic to get the takeover done.

the nuke is to guarantee the end of US interference. no one in their right mind would see it any other way..and this is why the US has been in such a panic to get the takeover done.

Perhaps, but I don't think it's that extreme (although I bet it is a desirable side-effect). I'm sure Iran wants nuclear defense (like their neighbors have been entitled to) and that having a nuke (which they don't) is a great way to flex your technology muscles to the rest of the world.

Their leadership is sane (in the sense that they wouldn't launch nukes, not in the sense of following fundamentalist islam). Remember that their crazy-ass president is a figurehead, and that the supreme leader is the supreme leader.

Yeah, this is true. It's easy to forget this, considering how much more coverage Ahmadinejad gets. Khamenei is a lot more rational and intelligent, even if his views are insane.

a bunch of fuking flatlanders you all are.

talking a few too many levels above your actual competence regarding anything of the subject.

anyone want to debate facts?

then please first present facts.

We don't have to reinvent the wheel and present a six month history course, every time we decided to post on an hot topic. Don't be a git.

i wonder what real story this is meant to distract us from

The US ruling elite are reptilians wanting to take over the region that kick-started humanity and pillage all its treasures (not oil, but Sumerian shit luls).

lol, yeah. They actually invaded the middle east looking for a lost Mesopotamian treasure of great magical power. Apparently it's not in iraq, so they've got to look further to the east.

They invaded afghanistan to rescue princess zelda.

Archived