IGNORED

Scorn / Mick Harris tribute thread

awepittance

Eternal hero!

I met Mick around 91 on the first Scorn tour. He was very energetic and literally ran circles. Nic Bullen was easier to talk to. They made a point of Justin Broadrick recording the Godflesh material in his living room, half mockingly, half admiringly. The Immortal guys also hung out, but they were way weird.

Eternal hero!

I met Mick around 91 on the first Scorn tour. He was very energetic and literally ran circles. Nic Bullen was easier to talk to. They made a point of Justin Broadrick recording the Godflesh material in his living room, half mockingly, half admiringly. The Immortal guys also hung out, but they were way weird.

I haven't heard any godflesh after Songs of Love and Hate. Is there anything worth listening to or are his ideas still the same? I love Broadrick's material in a wider sense, but each project just seems too...samey.

Guest EleminoP

Fucking love Scorn. His Record Label Records release is great. Refuse; Start Fires is brutal. I don't have much of his older stuff but I definitely plan on checking it out.

His whole discog is pretty fucking amazing. Essentials:

Colossus

Evanesence

Gyral

Greetings From Birmingham

Stealth

Refuse; Start Fires

then get

Ellipsis

List of Takers

Plan B

Logghi Baroggi

did listen to a lot of Mick's stuff, and props to robbie for the RLR release.

could tell an embarassing story about me telling about "Lull" in dutch, but won't, lul.

Scorn was my main musical discovery of 2010. started with Stealth, went on to listen to pretty much the entire Scorn discography. Stealth and Refuse; Start Fires (which has the best cover art I've ever seen) are my favourite releases. I also enjoy the connection with Godflesh, I have a lot of respect for that whole Birmingham mob as sound innovators.

573801265390053.jpg

I haven't heard any godflesh after Songs of Love and Hate. Is there anything worth listening to or are his ideas still the same? I love Broadrick's material in a wider sense, but each project just seems too...samey.

I assume you've already heard Jesu?

if you mean the rest of JKB's work as Godflesh: Hymns, the last album, was a better piece of work imo than Songs of Love and Hate, or Us and Them which followed that. on Hymns they dropped the drum machines and went for a rougher, more organic sound. some of the most brutal Godflesh tracks are on there:

Well my favorite were probably the first four albums - up to selfless. Will check out Hymns though.

I like Jesu - but again - it gets a bit samey.

I haven't heard any Lull - recommendations?

Scorn was my main musical discovery of 2010. started with Stealth, went on to listen to pretty much the entire Scorn discography. Stealth and Refuse; Start Fires (which has the best cover art I've ever seen) are my favourite releases. I also enjoy the connection with Godflesh, I have a lot of respect for that whole Birmingham mob as sound innovators.

573801265390053.jpg

I assume you've already heard Jesu?

if you mean the rest of JKB's work as Godflesh: Hymns, the last album, was a better piece of work imo than Songs of Love and Hate, or Us and Them which followed that. on Hymns they dropped the drum machines and went for a rougher, more organic sound. some of the most brutal Godflesh tracks are on there:

Well my favorite were probably the first four albums - up to selfless. Will check out Hymns though.

I like Jesu - but again - it gets a bit samey.

I haven't heard any Lull - recommendations?

There's so much JKB work I need to listen to, a lot of which is more in the vein of Scorn than Jesu or Pale Sketcher: Techno Animal, JK Flesh, Curse of the Golden Vampire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNmm0oGer3w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIRVX6IzEFI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFIhWEjinUI

• Like 1

Yes I know all the Techno Animal stuff. There I think actually the last album in the project is the best. Fucking mental.

Just found out about the Mick Harris/Anthony Child collab. That looks well tasty.

i need to check out more of his ambient stuff i havent heard most of Lull and i havent heard that disc either although Manifold is a label that i remember putting out a good Aube release 'Aqua Syndrome' and 'Metal de Metal'

this thread was a setup so that i could mention this

first, stream the whole Scorn 12" 'In the Margins' i put out on my label here

and this set from rlr....

DUBSET.jpg

Dub Set includes:

Scorn 'In The Margins' Clear Vinyl 12"

Kossak 'You Forgot To Kick It' Cd

Kush 'Dub Elements Ocean' Marble Red Vinyl 12"

Kush Arora 'Underwater Jihad' CD

Kush Arora 'Boiling Over' CD

$50 including US shipping Order Now $60 including international shipping Order Now

I was/am a huge fan of the Godflesh albums, I only liked Heartache from Jesu, and the first full-length, stopped following Jesu since then. Before those I was a big fan of old Napalm Death as well. Recently I heard tracks of the Lull and Scorn projects, both sounded amazing. Where do I begin with?

Eternal hero!

Cool story, how were the Immortal guys weird, other then just drunk? Wasn't it their cup of tea so to speak?

• 2 months later...
Guest narkeworld

i need to check out more of his ambient stuff i havent heard most of Lull and i havent heard that disc either although Manifold is a label that i remember putting out a good Aube release 'Aqua Syndrome' and 'Metal de Metal'

Manifold is one of my favorite labels of all time. I think you would really like that label, as you like Zoviet France.

• 1 year later...

that's a great quote, as in my own dealings with Mick i can attest to those characteristics. During the whole Scorn vinyl release he seemed simultaneously very excited by putting a 12" on my label and also extremely bitter at the entire music scene. I felt good about bringing together his 2 passions, fishing and dark electronic music for the RLR release. I think Stealth used one of his photographs as well, but it was just of one of his fishing spots. I put one of his catches on the cover :emotawesomepm9:
Gl0tch helped with the album art design as well.

In+The+Margins.jpg

Edited by Awepittance