IGNORED

Why dont people remix Plaid?

theplaided

the electronic music being so much popular than before,,, im thinking why dont new artists, remix Plaid and gain more fame??? is it cause Plaid is hard to remix? what is the reason do you think?

cause, afaik, there s only the ones that are on "tekkon kinkreet remix album". other than that, what?

Guest ruiagnelo

people also don't remix aphex or ae.

i don't say that they are too good to be remixed, but maybe they are good enough to the point of not needing any remix.

well yes maybe they're good to the point that no remix of them is "needed", but i think an "artist" might/should(?) have some things to add to an already nice/complete track...should they not?! and no im not interested if people remix aphex and autechre or not. i just dont care, but i would really enjoy and find interesting if there were nice remixes of Plaid's tracks around...

i guess it s a case of dare! i dont think they dare to. and they fear of ruining the tracks. which is good maybe,,,,but also, a shame...

cause thats a loss...cause some real nice work could come out you know,,,.i mean for example i really like µ-ziq's remix of Tipper's "dissolve out".. or what Plaid did to Yimino's Doe is again fascinating... i meant this....the "adding"...

besides, i think it would be a big chance for a new electronica artist to gain more audince if he did some nice remix...idk. tis weird to me really..

Not sure of the answer, but i'm glad because they'd probably mess up an already good track.

i'd say that this is probably what most (potential remixers) people think, too! same goes for Aphex, Ae, etc.

maybe people are a bit scared to remix some of 'the pioneers' ??

but also, i mean Plaid aren't really that well known, nor are even the likes of Ae! so, maybe bigger bands/electronic dance groups, or whatever, just don't need to. or their record company bosses don't think it's 'financially viable' or a good idea.

..but then Plaid remixing Yimino is gonna do them (Yimino) a lot more good... because they're less known.

i suppose it all depends. i don't think there's a definite answer to the question.

Plaid remixing Goldfrapp or Bjork, for example, is gonna do Plaid more good that it is Goldfrapp or Bjork. ya get me? :)

well of course i know this! that when a lesser known artist remixes or collaborates with a more widely known one, the lesser one benefits more , of course!!! thats why i said, why dont new ones, young ones(8WcFVg2rDpQ) newbies, amateurs, try that?!!!

"ya get me?" :mu-ziq:

Not sure of the answer, but i'm glad because they'd probably mess up an already good track.

i'd say that this is probably what most (potential remixers) people think, too! same goes for Aphex, Ae, etc.

but also, i mean Plaid aren't really that well known, nor are even the likes of Ae! so, maybe bigger bands/electronic dance groups, or whatever, just don't need to. or their record company bosses don't think it's 'financially viable' or a good idea.

but OK , you said of your idea already, that theyre scared. alright i think so, too...

Plaid remixing Goldfrapp or Bjork, for example, is gonna do Plaid more good that it is Goldfrapp or Bjork. ya get me? :)

well of course i know this! that when a lesser known artist remixes or collaborates with a more widely known one, the lesser one benefits more , of course!!! thats why i said, why dont new ones, young ones(8WcFVg2rDpQ) newbies, amateurs, try that?!!!

"ya get me?" :mu-ziq:

lol

i'm sure they'd love to try that. and there must be hundreds that would... given the chance.

so why don't they get the chance, Plaided, why!!!!!!! ????????

but OK , you said of your idea already, that theyre scared. alright i think so, too...

i'm glad you agree. and thanks for crossing out half my post for me. i feel raped. lol

i'm glad you agree. and thanks for crossing out half my post for me. i feel raped. lol

well theyre well known,,, theyre not lady gaga, OK, they dont wear those silly things and walk around but still , theyre very well known! thats why i crossed it over. sorry!

'8 out 10 Cats' would not know who Plaid were. but that's not a bad thing!

and i'm not dissing them at all. they're just not that big/well known.

just look at this forum, for example. most people here are from America, one of the largest countries/continents in the World, but still this site gets less than 1,000 visits a day, and a lot of those people are from Europe and the UK.

most here have heard of and like/love Aphex Twin, Board's of Canada, and Autechre. those 3 are the bigger and more promoted names it would seem...

man, even in the UK (where Plaid and Warp Records are based), one of the smallest countries on the face of the planet, where one might think everybody knows everybody, but if you asked most people if they'd heard of Plaid, they'd say, who? Plaid? no. lol. seriously.

sorry if i've burst your bubble mate but it's true....

well no sorries,,,no bubble bursts here pls...people who listen to electronica, most of them, im pretty sure sth would sparkle in most of their minds when someone mentioned them Plaid. thats what i was meaning by well known...., of course we d not go into any grocer around and ask him if he knows about Plaid...

well no sorries,,,no bubble bursts here pls...people who listen to electronica, most of them, im pretty sure sth would sparkle in most of their minds when someone mentioned them Plaid. thats what i was meaning by well known...., of course we d not go into any grocer around and ask him if he knows about Plaid...

ah yes, you're right. the average man on the street probably wouldn't have a clue. but in the 'dance music' world... more fans of that would, definitely. but still i don't imagine that they are toowell known. which like i said before is not a bad thing! :)

they were never MASSIVE even in the 90's, from what i remember... were they? ...magdog? :)

Plaid left Black Dog in 1995, according to all accounts that i've heard before, so i don't think that mix would've involved Plaid at all.

97 would've been when Ken was with Steve Ash, and possibly Ross Knight, aswell.

ps. magdog knows much more than me. he's older than me :)

ive done at least 6 Plaid remixes...no one ever seems interested.

but i like them!

or did you mean established artists?

oh no i dont mean only established artists i had meant anyone...can i hear your remixes then?

i was *just* thinking the same thing earlier today! Hmm.

we are all one. :)

and yeah, forgot about that Eyen remix. that's a good sounding mix!

Archived