IGNORED

Why dont people remix Plaid?

theplaided

Guest melanie

we are all of one mind. :ohmy:

yes, i really like that mix. completely different from the original, however maybe that's the point, eh?

'Cold' was also remixed by Funckarma on this: http://www.discogs.com/Funckarma-Refurbished-One/master/236652. Don't really go much on it myself, one of the reasons I'm glad Plaid don't get remixed very often. Incidentally, I don't think Plaid themselves were remixed on the Warp 10+3 comp, were they?

Does anybody know how many records sold Plaid compared to other Warp artists ? That might be a way to quantify their "fame".

i dont know how many records they sold... :S

I can't believe you guys are forgetting that Funkstorung remixed Eyen on their album Vice Versa.

http://en.wikipedia....e_Versa_(album)

But it's super weird that this topic popped up today, because i was *just* thinking the same thing earlier today! particularly for the Recreated Warp 20 compilation. Hmm.

well i dont count that as a remix. I mean, it s not a good remix, so it s not a remix :P

'Cold' was also remixed by Funckarma on this: http://www.discogs.c...e/master/236652. Don't really go much on it myself, one of the reasons I'm glad Plaid don't get remixed very often. Incidentally, I don't think Plaid themselves were remixed on the Warp 10+3 comp, were they?

this too.. i cant hear nothing on this...and was this really done in 2005?! hmmm..

---------------------------++++++++++--------------------------------

funkstorung, funckarma, what else?? funkomatigue? its really weird how silly names they find for themselves, these people,,,, fu'n'kdem'all...

Plaided. you are a weird (funny) guy, may i say! you strange man you. ( :emotawesomepm9:)

'Cold' was also remixed by Funckarma on this: http://www.discogs.c...e/master/236652. Don't really go much on it myself, one of the reasons I'm glad Plaid don't get remixed very often. Incidentally, I don't think Plaid themselves were remixed on the Warp 10+3 comp, were they?

no, that was the compilation where they'd remixed Autechre, right? Vletrmx? but Plaid weren't remixed by anybody, you're right.

it is strange, i agree.

well no sorries,,,no bubble bursts here pls...people who listen to electronica, most of them, im pretty sure sth would sparkle in most of their minds when someone mentioned them Plaid. thats what i was meaning by well known...., of course we d not go into any grocer around and ask him if he knows about Plaid...

ah yes, you're right. the average man on the street probably wouldn't have a clue. but in the 'dance music' world... more fans of that would, definitely. but still i don't imagine that they are toowell known. which like i said before is not a bad thing! :)

they were never MASSIVE even in the 90's, from what i remember... were they? ...magdog? :)

I can't remember Plaid being MASSIVE in the 90's. Saying that, it's a bit like now really, if you know you know if you don't you don't count :)

When i'd go in a record shop back then and ask for something that sounded like Plaid, the guys in the shops would always say, "yeah the dudes from Black Dog" and we'd hark back with very fond memories.

I did notice more people getting in Plaid because of RPC.

Plaid left Black Dog in 1995, according to all accounts that i've heard before, so i don't think that mix would've involved Plaid at all.

97 would've been when Ken was with Steve Ash, and possibly Ross Knight, aswell.

ps. magdog knows much more than me. he's older than me :)

Nah i can't see Plaid being involved in that remix neither... toooooo late.

yeah alright... 1997 is the release date of the LP, the track is on, though...alright, i may wait to hear "the old dog"s idea, then ;)

Hehe, less of the old you young scamp ;)

Archived