IGNORED

Music you loved as a young child

Ivan Ooze

As far as electronic music goes

-my mother used to listen to ambient music when I was a wee lad

-she also gave me her old Casiotone

-liked some video game soundtracks round 8/9/10ish

-bought a synth when I was...12, I think?

-didn't start actively listening to & seeking out electronic music (or most any music, really) until I was like 15

You guys are lucky to have had such interesting influences when you were young. I probably didn't listen to anything non-pop until I was 16 y/o at least, and even then it was nu-metal and other horrible stuff. Before that I mostly listened to bosnian folk and folk-pop that was played around the house, and when we moved to norway regular western pop music as well.

As far as electronic music goes

-my mother used to listen to ambient music when I was a wee lad

-she also gave me her old Casiotone

-liked some video game soundtracks round 8/9/10ish

-bought a synth when I was...12, I think?

-didn't start actively listening to & seeking out electronic music (or most any music, really) until I was like 15

Nothing to be ashamed of there! You must have quite the unique outlook from listening to that stuff.

Thats crazy someone listening to jungle age 5. When I was 5 I was probably listening to the ghostbusters theme tune.

I thought it was awesome... I didn't understand it at the time, but I remember having ak1200 live @ intelligence 1993 on a cassette... I think my interest in it at an early age was because my older brother was always recording the essential mix from bbc on cassette straight from our local college station streaming it... At the time the essential mix at least in my city was considered underground LOL.

So while he was listening to that, for some reason I felt the need to one-up him or do something different: I guess jungle was the way to do it. I always thought the cheesy unprocessed synths and stabs were funny but in retrospect it's just awesome =D

When I was around 11 or 12 I flew to the Northwest and while on the flight, they played Moby's Porcelain on the flight's radio. Listening to that song while I was above the clouds was magical. Probably my first real introduction to electronic music.

When I was around 11 or 12 I flew to the Northwest and while on the flight, they played Moby's Porcelain on the flight's radio. Listening to that song while I was above the clouds was magical. Probably my first real introduction to electronic music.

That is a lovely song, quite a nice way to get into electronic music.

Archived