IGNORED

Aphex Twin at the Old Trout Pub, Windsor 1993 - MP3s available?

spliff

Everyone will know about this, but there are some videos on Youtube of Aphex Twin playing at this pub in Windsor in 1993, here is one of them:

Anyone know if any actual MP3s or music files of this ever became available, rather than just Youtube versions? I've never seen any, but it would be a shame if there are none, as this set has some unreleased stuff and the sound quality is not bad considering it was recorded in 1993.

Rip the MP3s from the youtube videos.

I know that's an option, but because Youtube videos are not the best sound quality in the first place, then they wouldn't come out very well...I was figuring that if the Youtube videos were created in the first place, then there must have been MP3s or other sound files out there that they were made with...wondering if anyone knows where this came from and if there are MP3s of it floating around...it's a good tracklist.

And, does anyone know what the first track is on that Live at Further 1994 recording...amazing tune and been trying to find out for ages what it is - it's driving me nuts!

I know that's an option, but because Youtube videos are not the best sound quality in the first place, then they wouldn't come out very well...I was figuring that if the Youtube videos were created in the first place, then there must have been MP3s or other sound files out there that they were made with...wondering if anyone knows where this came from and if there are MP3s of it floating around...it's a good tracklist.

And, does anyone kow what the first track is on that Live at Further 1994 recording...amazing tune and been trying to find out for ages what it is.

lol at worrying about the audio quality. Its a fucking pocket recording from a loud live performance in the 90's, having the original mp3s will not make it sound better.

And, does anyone kow what the first track is on that Live at Further 1994 recording...amazing tune and been trying to find out for ages what it is.

lol at worrying about the audio quality. Its a fucking pocket recording from a loud live performance in the 90's, having the original mp3s will not make it sound better.

Maybe not, but a) I'm not that technologically-savvy (because I'm not a gimpy computer-boy cunt) so was wondering if there were any MP3s about to save the inconvenience and frustration of having to piss about trying to rip audio off Youtube using crappy programs I don't fully understand...yes I know that is oxymoronic seeing as how I'm mostly listening to music created on and by experts in computers and software and b)...well there is no b) because the a) was so good! (spot the quote tedium...sorry) And I'm tipsy on the Spesh.

I'm amazed how this sort of stuff surfaces after all these years, especially if it's stuff that, at the time, you would imagine was relatively obscure (like Aphex was at the time). Glad that someone found a way to put it out regardless of format, anyhow. Wonder how many other Aphex recordings from back in the day are out there, forgotten about?

Did you know you can download the videos in the source they were uploaded? So if someone uploaded in a higher quality it can be obtained instead of straight ripping the audio, in this case it may not make much of a difference tho

www.keepvid.com

edit: I forgot to mention that I've never seen any mp3's floating around for this, but if it surfaced in the first place anything is possible. Good luck finding it tho, if you do post it here :aphexsign:

This place is 10 mins from where I live. Back in the day it had great bands playing (depending on your opinion!) Oasis, Blur, Faith No More, Motorhead, L7. It shut years ago. What a shame. Even If you hate Oasis, going to see them live back in the early days was better than going to some arsehole infested nightclub. For sure.

• 1 year later...

Archived