IGNORED

New Album called "Ufabulum"

Guest teetime

so clark's album just came out, with the first preview track available roughly 10 weeks before the albums release. yet there have been no full-track previews for this when there are roughly 5 weeks until release, other than a 15 second teaser,? at this time, i even think iradelphic had two full track previews. i'm not sure i understand how warp decides these things.

if i hadn't already heard the recordings for the ny and sf concerts, i'd be more upset but oh well. pre-ordered anyways.

It's a sales thing. Warp realizes the clark CD was going to be very disappointing for a number of his fans, so to goad people into buying it they put out teasers here and there.

I'm not trolling. That is just a trick I learned in a couple marketing courses.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CraniumXII

so clark's album just came out, with the first preview track available roughly 10 weeks before the albums release. yet there have been no full-track previews for this when there are roughly 5 weeks until release, other than a 15 second teaser,? at this time, i even think iradelphic had two full track previews. i'm not sure i understand how warp decides these things.

if i hadn't already heard the recordings for the ny and sf concerts, i'd be more upset but oh well. pre-ordered anyways.

It's a sales thing. Warp realizes the clark CD was going to be very disappointing for a number of his fans, so to goad people into buying it they put out teasers here and there.

Yes, I think after 15 or so albums, they figure the Pusher has already solidified his position. Shame though... I think the marketing has been rather poor. His first time in the US in 7 years, and I only found out about 4 weeks before. Not enough time for me to plan a trip. I know we aren't his largest fan base, but regardless, there are some who wished to know.

:dry:

Yes, I think after 15 or so albums, they figure the Pusher has already solidified his position. Shame though... I think the marketing has been rather poor. His first time in the US in 7 years, and I only found out about 4 weeks before. Not enough time for me to plan a trip. I know we aren't his largest fan base, but regardless, there are some who wished to know.

:dry:

Yeah I agree. The album was sprung on us and then he was touring about 2 days later, with extremely limited show locations.

It would have been better in my opinion if he did a number of shows for say 4-6 months, and didn't play the entire album for the show? Maybe played some classics + threw in the new ones here and there so that some of the album was a surprise still.

That might be a little more a matter of my choice, but I agree the marketing was poor.

Guest Lucy Faringold

I agree it's unusual that there's no proper samples for the album. The fact that he's already played out what appears to be the whole LP is probably a factor.

How come I've got four tracks of the album then? Two of them being in reasonably good quality (stereo).. (And I've got them all from this thread.)

How come I've got four tracks of the album then? Two of them being in reasonably good quality (stereo).. (And I've got them all from this thread.)

I have Dark Steering and Energy Wizard... I thought those were the only ones that leaked! What are the other two you have?

I agree it's unusual that there's no proper samples for the album. The fact that he's already played out what appears to be the whole LP is probably a factor.

Yeah that's what I was getting at before. I think it was a poor choice on his part to tour the whole album like this, since he's not doing a proper tour, if that makes any sense.

I guess what I mean is it makes more sense to do a longer tour if you're going to play the whole album.

Guest CraniumXII

red in blue sounds like zelda music

Indeed, it does. Reminded me of the music in the Temple of Time. Not that similar perhaps, but it does give me a sense of time standing still.

Does anyone agree that the "drop" during "Energy Wizard" is wickedly programmed. I'm as excited as ever. Stadium Ice also has some excellent chops at the end.

May can't come quickly enough... I wish they'd give us the full "Dark Steering" video :squarepusher_logo:

red in blue sounds like zelda music

Indeed, it does. Reminded me of the music in the Temple of Time. Not that similar perhaps, but it does give me a sense of time standing still.

that may have been what i was thinking of :mu-ziq:

Does anyone agree that the "drop" during "Energy Wizard" is wickedly programmed. I'm as excited as ever. Stadium Ice also has some excellent chops at the end.

i kind of feel as if i shouldn't like energy wizard given its cheesy super-pop feel, but i think it's excellent. the bass synth running through the chorus is really cool. but yeah, the "drop" is pretty cool. if anything, i think the "drop" in dark steering doesn't fit as well and seems more wanky. it feels gross terming the breakdowns as "drops". i shouldn't have to feel gross or using that term, fucking skrillex....

stadium ice may be my favorite of the 4 tracks played thus far. needless to say, super excited for this album, the most excited i've been for any album in a while

edit: what's most exciting as far as the sound aspect for this album is that the bass seems like it could actually feel present and more full in the mix.

i kind of feel as if i shouldn't like energy wizard given its cheesy super-pop feel, but i think it's excellent. the bass synth running through the chorus is really cool. but yeah, the "drop" is pretty cool. if anything, i think the "drop" in dark steering doesn't fit as well and seems more wanky. it feels gross terming the breakdowns as "drops". i shouldn't have to feel gross or using that term, fucking skrillex....

stadium ice may be my favorite of the 4 tracks played thus far. needless to say, super excited for this album, the most excited i've been for any album in a while

edit: what's most exciting as far as the sound aspect for this album is that the bass seems like it could actually feel present and more full in the mix.

I think the term "drop" refers to the drop in frequency/hz doesn't it? aka every dub step song once the bass kicks in.

I don't think of dark steering to have a "drop"... Maybe I'm confusing something though.

I don't think of dark steering to have a "drop"... Maybe I'm confusing something though.

i guess breakdown would be the right word? in case you're wondering i'm talking about the part around the 5 minute mark.

edit: what modey says below was my thoughts as well

I thought a drop referred to when the more intense section comes in? Since the dnb days or even before then?

yeh maybe. I never used that terminology back when dnb was around though. I wasn't into the scene.. I don't really know. =(

Ah, here we go. From wikipedia:

The drop is the point in a track where a switch of rhythm or bass line occurs and usually follows a recognizable build section and break.

In Hip-Hop and electronic music, the reintroduction of the full bass line and drums is known as the drop.

In Dubstep, the drop involves a full bass line and commonly a "wobble" bass or "vowel" bass accompanied by a strong shuffling beat.

In Metalcore sub-genres, bass drops are often utilized under the first chord of a breakdown, to emphasize the breakdown and give it a pronounced presence.

Double drop

In drum and bass, skilled DJs sometimes perform what is called the "double drop": beat matching two tracks in a way that the drop, and hence the respective climaxes, occur at the same time.

Ah, here we go. From wikipedia:

The drop is the point in a track where a switch of rhythm or bass line occurs and usually follows a recognizable build section and break.

In Hip-Hop and electronic music, the reintroduction of the full bass line and drums is known as the drop.

In Dubstep, the drop involves a full bass line and commonly a "wobble" bass or "vowel" bass accompanied by a strong shuffling beat.

In Metalcore sub-genres, bass drops are often utilized under the first chord of a breakdown, to emphasize the breakdown and give it a pronounced presence.

Double drop

In drum and bass, skilled DJs sometimes perform what is called the "double drop": beat matching two tracks in a way that the drop, and hence the respective climaxes, occur at the same time.

ah I see. So kind of a mix of what me and you were saying. =)

Guest CraniumXII

Heheh, I use the word "drop" for shear amusement :happy: ... I always thought of it as being the same as a "breakdown".

The "drop" during "Dark Steering" was also well excecuted, IMO. I love how it gradually deteriorates into chaos, seemingly going off time, while keeping just enough of the groove to allow the listener to fill in the beat mentally. Then concludes with this sort of "game over" style breakdown.

You Lose! :cerious:

Continue?! :diablo:

FUCK ME. I'm gonna have to start living on the street starting in May. Why can't they just do a regular vinyl edition???!!!!! And Jesus Motherfucking Christ, I got Iradelphic for 20 USD, and I thought it'd come with 2xLP......... I got Scintilli, Filth, My So-Called Life, etc. for under 20 USD each, and they have 2xLP....... WHY WHY WHY???!!!!!

1234931504682.jpg

Archived