IGNORED

BAY AREA WARP RECORDS HEADS

Atop

Neither here. What was that clusterfuck of a lottery system they had going on? You could only RSVP one person at a time? My girl got contacted only for them to tell her that she wasn't getting a ticket and then I didn't even get contacted at all. I'm kinda lost here on this one.

same happened to me; girl friend and I both RSVPed, only I got an email saying "sorry no ticket," she didn't receive anything. really sucks because those new videos from the NY show make it look like this would be very exciting to see/hear.

yeah the ticket lottery was complete bullshit. i got a ticket and my girlfriend didn't, so i consider myself lucky but i'm disappointed i have to go alone. since when did you have to rely on luck to go to a concert?

anyway, yeah, i'm excited for the show! but fuck creators' project for planning like this, it's the most idiotic admission system i've ever seen.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i figured everyone got a ticket as everyone i know got one. that sucks.

i'd rather pay and definitely get in than a lottery.

if anyone going wants to say hello pm me.

is anyone else worth seeing or is everyone just going for squarepusher? zola jesus perhaps

just saw this:

If you RSVPed for Saturday and have not received a ticket, we will be releasing more prior to the event, but you will receive an email from us either way.

so maybe still a chance for you no email receivers

Walked straight in. Didn't have a ticket. They didn't ask for shit - they didn't check shit. He played for basically exactly an hour and then he had to get off w/ no encore because they had to ready the stage for the Yeah Yeahs (I really don't want to say it 3 times). Think he could probably have slowly integrated more color into the LED display, but wasn't let down at all, especially for a free show. Lots of fun interactive light art installations and food trucks.

yeah i had a ticket but when i walked in my wristband was covered and no-one was looking. the place was over half empty too.

squarepusher was good. I have a few reservations about the new show though

1. airdrumming really? are you not busy up there?

2. no bass guitar?

3. no old stuff?

4. encouraging the crowd to cheer constantly like paul oakenfold

visualshow was nice though. very hynoptic.

musically the show sums up my feelings towards squarepusher - 30% brilliant 70% wanky nonsense

my favorite track is at 11mins in on the audience recording above (thanks for that Lefty). simple melodic brostep highlight. i marked it with a comment

yeahyeahyeahs can suck my hairyballs

awesome show, lovin the ufabulum. it is largely a play on the modern dj-worship trends, but man he really has a way of squeezing cliches till they pop. the light show was incredible, especially during the track from 4 - 11 minutes. that was one of my favorites, i was dancing like a madman. i loved the final track too, with the spectrum-esque visuals. great show, great album.

what did you guys think of the installations? i loved the mira calix one, and the cg-popping-out-of-old-paintings one. mesmerizing stuff.

We kept pretending that Mira Calix was inside the screen circle running the projectors, and I was like, I know she's in there, we have to let her out. And then we were sort of making fun of that one too like it was vaginal art like Maude Lebowski w/ the female voices playing. We also laughed at the 5 TVs playing Con Air going progressively more pixelated. Big light cube was fun and Tronish. Lighting was all very nice.

Guest cult fiction

We kept pretending that Mira Calix was inside the screen circle running the projectors, and I was like, I know she's in there, we have to let her out. And then we were sort of making fun of that one too like it was vaginal art like Maude Lebowski w/ the female voices playing. We also laughed at the 5 TVs playing Con Air going progressively more pixelated. Big light cube was fun and Tronish. Lighting was all very nice.

Missing Squarepusher is one thing but 5x Con Air?? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Archived