IGNORED

Orbital - Green and Brown Album Live 2024 tour!!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hayhook said:

New LED dropped today. 
the Omen EP

https://orbital.tmstor.es/product/128402?

Beatport has the other two remixes and the Omen 7” exclusively. 
https://www.beatport.com/release/omen-remastered/4500612

Bought. I always liked this EP a lot

I am wondering if “Belfast Original Jam” will be getting a hi res release. So far was only on their SoundCloud along with “The Other One” which IS on the deluxe 4xcd. 

Edited by hayhook

16 minutes ago, hayhook said:

I am wondering if “Belfast Original Jam” will be getting a hi res release. So far was only on their SoundCloud along with “The Other One” which IS on the deluxe 4xcd. 

Hopefully on III, but probably not as it's just the original tracks on these LED's so far

9 minutes ago, hayhook said:

Apparently the beatport exclusives become “universally” available 04/19…

Oh right. I was just about the buy them!

1 hour ago, purlieu said:

Oh that's good news, dislike the idea of Beatport having exclusive access to this stuff.

Also. Beatport can GTFO with the price they’re charging… 20€ for 8 digital tracks?!? (6€ on orbital’s bandcamp for 6 of the 8 tracks)… am I missing something here? Make it make sense. 

image.thumb.png.0fca90cfc727954e6bd3692c764f8a0b.png

Please note this is a pre-order item due for release 19th April, 2024

Assai Obi Edition

Assai Records Exclusive Japanese Inspired Obi Strip*
Green & Red and Black vinyl editions
Obi Strip signed by Paul and Phil Hartnoll*
Limited to 100 copies of Green & Red vinyl, and 100 copies of black vinyl* 
200 copies in total*
Hand-numbered*
*Exclusive to Assai Records, limited to 1 copy per customer/address. No supply to resellers. Cancellation admin charge £5.00 to resellers.

Restricted to UK orders only.

https://assai.co.uk/products/orbital-orbital-vinyl-lp-signed-assai-obi-edition-2024

• Facepalm 1

Given that the last couple of albums have come in various formats including Amazon exclusive, NFT and only-available-from-one-website-not-announced-elsewhere-pre-order-only BluRay, I'm not surprised. I have a feeling musicians genuinely have no idea what it's like for fans, but yeah, this kinda shit can fuck off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's probably that whole strategy of targeting "whales" right? Comes from the world of mobile gaming, ie: if you can get 1 million people to play your game, you only need 1 percent to spend $100 each on skins, hats etc (usually rich kids with more money than sense) to make some decent money. For the rest, give it away for free.

So their marketing manager will have identified how many fans they have and worked out what percentage might be willing to spend this much on limited edition nonsense to earn a retirement nest egg.

They know most of us will just listen on Spotify, which they basically earn nothing from.

Edited by springymajig

5 hours ago, hayhook said:

Do we expect any more LEDs before the album drops or after?

I think after, sometime in May we'll get the Midnight/Choice EP. Then we'll have 99% of the 3rd disc from the cd deluxe set.

If they're going to match the order of release then we should have III before the album and Midnight/Choice after, but given that it's out in just over two weeks maybe they'll both be after.

3 hours ago, purlieu said:

If they're going to match the order of release then we should have III before the album and Midnight/Choice after, but given that it's out in just over two weeks maybe they'll both be after.

My mistake! Yeah, we'll probably get III next month and Midnight/Choice the month after I think.

Vinyl/cd sets should be sent out next week and live shows the weekend after. Can't wait to see them play Green/Brown in Notts!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took a listen to their first album today - haven't heard it in over 25 years. They were so good back then. I think when they disbanded in 2004, it was for the best. They didn't have anything left to prove. 

• Like 3