IGNORED

Orbital - Green and Brown Album Live 2024 tour!!

8 hours ago, Pirtek said:

Yeah. Then there was Acid Pants! 😩

Oh God. The worst thing about that, other than the fact that it's unlistenably bad, is that it's a fucking collaboration with Sparks, it should be madly creative and bonkers and it feels like all they got them to do was say one shit line and then repeat it throughout the track. 

3 hours ago, springymajig said:

For me some stuff in the green album era tipped over from humorous to cringe, in particular Macro Head, but at least that's a pretty obscure track.

I don't think I could have it in me to dislike anything sampling Tom from Tom & Jerry.

49 minutes ago, purlieu said:

Oh God. The worst thing about that, other than the fact that it's unlistenably bad, is that it's a fucking collaboration with Sparks, it should be madly creative and bonkers and it feels like all they got them to do was say one shit line and then repeat it throughout the track

I know. What the hell!

50 minutes ago, purlieu said:

I don't think I could have it in me to dislike anything sampling Tom from Tom & Jerry.

🤣 👍

Paul looks like someone's grandad there.

Really interesting stuff, though - I wish it was longer, to be honest. It's the first time I recall the whole credits / creativity thing and their breakups being discussed in those terms, does seem like Paul does most of the music so I understand why he wanted to change the credits. Phil seems like a really sweet guy, too. Shame his tracks are abysmal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, purlieu said:

Phil seems like a really sweet guy, too. Shame his tracks are abysma

They sound like Longrange outtakes.

Saying that, I loved You Are The Frequency live.

Edited by Pirtek

With this drop of Chime, does that mean we’re gonna get all of the other tracks “missing” from the 2xcd Green Album as well?

Edited by hayhook

It’s on beatport with the jzj remixes, Ray Keith mutation and helium mix…

Oh shit. That high pitch in the middle of deeper is CRAZY. first time hearing it, now in crispy digital instead of a crackly lofi vinyl rip. 

4 hours ago, Pirtek said:

Couldn't resist buying the limited Chime single on vinyl for Deeper alone. Love that track!

Anyone remember this old MTV ident using it, they used to actually have some cool idents back in the day, before the M stood for Mongo

• Like 2

On 2/23/2024 at 3:49 PM, hayhook said:

It’s on beatport with the jzj remixes, Ray Keith mutation and helium mix…

Shame there's no physicals but it's nice to have some proper hi res versions of these if nothing else!

5 hours ago, hayhook said:

What’s the next drop gonna be? (And when?)

I reckon Oman in March, as that was the next single. I think they'll follow the same original order

• Thanks 1

On 2/29/2024 at 5:14 AM, Pirtek said:

I reckon Oman in March, as that was the next single. I think they'll follow the same original order

Indeed. I wonder if they'll repress both 12" singles or just the original though. It's not exactly a huge loss not to have the Chime remix 12", but the four-track Omen 12" remix is pretty good.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 7:52 PM, Mattthegoone said:

Anyone remember this old MTV ident using it, they used to actually have some cool idents back in the day, before the M stood for Mongo

MTV Europe had a piece of SAW2 in the Chill Out Zone ident

Remaining singles are Omen, III (Satan / LC1 / Belfast), Midnight/Choice. My guess would be the 'disc 1' releases will get the physical pressing, the remixes will come as digital bonuses like with Chime. To be honest, I don't think many of the mixes from the era are utterly essential, but it'll be nice to have the complete packages, the Chime one is pretty good at an hour long. 

Still curious to see what they'll do with Mutations, whether it'll be part of this drop series or get its own thing or be ignored. 

Gonna assume Brown at the end of the year with Radiccio, Lush and Peel Session 12" drops, Sniv with Are We Here? and Times Fly, In Sides with... The Box and... I dunno, is anyone really clamouring for a The Saint 12"? 

• Like 1