IGNORED

Ae tracks you've been listening to a lot lately

Dragon

The same interview referenced in this discogs comment:

Greg_Reason Greg_Reason Feb 01, 2010
edited over 3 years ago
referencing ISS:SA, 12", SKA020

An interviewer once asked Sean Booth how much involvement he had in Gescom and he said that he made one of the records entirely on his own. The interviewer guessed that it was ISS:SA and Booth confirmed it. Can't for the life of me find the interview right now but if I do I'll post the details. Either way, Autechre performed three of the four tracks (ISS:SA, Tangle Ill and tr2a) at Coachella on October 10th 1999 and then performed tr2a (and Gescom's Boogie Down Bronx remix) at the Manchester Warp night on Novermer 5th 1999.

But I can't locate the interview at present

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just before Exai was released it was Pro Radii over and over again. At the moment I can't stop listening to Bladelores. That synth that starts around the 2 min mark has so much emotion. It just stirs something deep in the soul. Fantastic stuff.

Been checking out some quadranges and dam I'd forgottten how much of a killer some of thee tracks are. Notwotwo reminds me of something Angelo Badalamenti could have written for a David Lynch film. Anyway, thoroughly enjoying this vast ominous/ambient feel I ended up grabbing some tracks from other albums that kind of fit the mood and this little playlist was born. It's great for listening to a nighttime with all the low drone murkyness and when parhelic triangle hits it's fucking unbelievable. It's been the perfect soundtrack whilst biking/walking at night through the countryside.

perlence losid 2

Notwotwo

perlence subrange 3

bronchus 2

hub

parhelic triangle

overand

yulquen

Guest X Fretensis

Perlence subrange 6-36 - I rate this one of the best ambient tracks of all time (and btw, I rate 'Leonard' from the FMJ soundtrack as No.2 incidentally, and I would like to pause here to ask the question that I'm sure puzzles at least several here amongst us, to wit - what the hell exactly is it that happened to Abigail Meade to make her possibly the greatest one hit wonder of them all?

Was it perchance a Flowers for Algernon scenario, or did she just do an incredibly premature Sibelius ?) and it is entirely intriguing to compare it to it's parents. The sheer wealth of texture in the sound I hear in this track is phenomenal. At first listen it blew Pastikman's Converge* totally out of the water.

{*I just popped Converge on YT on a whim and to reexamine previous allegiances [and I urge you folks to check out Leonard and/or Sniper] and meine Grusse Gott! It's every bit as mind melding as I remember - some of the most evocative music I've ever heard in any genre. And then there's the exhilaration and headrush of the adjacent Ekko - The female vocal samples are but the beautiful cream on top of the swelling surging symphonic tidal wave of sonorously Luciferianly subterranean synths this side of Sardinia)

Guest Chogg

Listening to Draft 7.30 a lot these last few days in honour of it turning 10 on sunday(!). It hasn't aged at all, what a masterpiece.

• 3 weeks later...

I still go back to the two ten-hour mixes quite often. So many amazing moments.

And I love that you get to see their creativity on display in a vastly different context with a vastly different palette.

threshold of sleep flat out on the sofa listening to surripere, made me feel completely weightless.

also: cloudline, 61E.CR, pce freeze, piezo

Laughing Quarter all the way.

Some of the best drum sequencing i've ever heard.

Polymershapes: Is there any evidence that ISS:SA is Sean Booth solo?

Laughing Quarter is amazing, even over sixteen years after Envane's release.

Didn't realize ISS:SA was a Booth solo project. I wonder how much of A1-D1 was his work too. The track C1 in particular HAS to be his work at least.

According to him, heavy involvement in one track, slight involvement in part of another track.

Archived