IGNORED

Ae tracks you've been listening to a lot lately

Dragon

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sprigg

It's a fucking monster, once you get locked into the velocity you can't get enough the stuff

It does sometimes strike me as a weird ending to Confield though, but, in some ways it IS a perfect ending to the album but sounds somehow tacked on or something? I dunno maybe it's just me. I sometimes let the album ebb out with Uviol :emb:

I almost always prefer an intense closing track to a soft mellow one, but I can definitely see how it might feel out of place- nothing else on the album is that dense or heavy, and that song is utterly insane.

oh, i was listening to this as well

I don't think I've heard this before. Seems to have RY30 drums like a lot of the '96-'97 material but the patch for the main synth line is almost identical to the one used in "Corc". Reminds me a lot of the first Peel Session.

Guest Sprigg

Tons of pce freeze and rew (1) lately... those two are just awesome, especially the big open part in the middle of rew.

• 1 month later...

Nuane has been on my mind a lot lately. Whenever I hear the melody that solidifies around 3:40 I get that thrill of hearing Pro Radii for the first time (after finally "getting" Untilted of course)

Regarding intense closing tracks, I always felt that Tear Tear stood out on Amber in a bad way. I just feel it is completely different in tone from the rest of the album, and it seems a little try-hard in the wrong mood. Then again, Nil isnt exactly a closing track, so I guess it had to finish in some fashion.

Sometimes I finish Confield with Uviol as well, but Lentic fits in the Confield world more than Tear Tear fits in the Amber world.

For ambient background music while patching or getting any work done, I always put on the run of losid 2 - notwotwo - subrange. I really love subrange, it somehow suggests much much more than it presents.

Also been playing We R Are Why all the time.

Regarding intense closing tracks, I always felt that Tear Tear stood out on Amber in a bad way. I just feel it is completely different in tone from the rest of the album, and it seems a little try-hard in the wrong mood. Then again, Nil isnt exactly a closing track, so I guess it had to finish in some fashion.

I totally agree and I actually used to turn it off at Nil but Teartear has grown on me. One of my fave Amber tracks now.

feels like "Puch" has been on repeat for the last week!

excellent track. lately i have been caning their earlier more hip hop-based tracks and such. been really getting into medrey and inhake 2 lately; still not a huge peel sessions fan but the good stuff on it is top notch.

also, bronchusevenmx24 is beastly.

• 1 month later...

Left Blank. About three minutes in, where it gets all droney. One of Ae's signature moves ― beneath all the clicks and computer noises is a subtley perfect atmosphere. It's very stationary. Scary, but not KA-POW scary. It's the feeling of losing your senses, becoming more and more insane, but not actually being aware of it.

edit: I'm leaving in that weird entity thing. Would someone sort it out or something, thanks.

Archived