IGNORED

The pinnacle of american food?

jules

Guest fiznuthian

Explain to me why the French daily fat intake per capita is higher than the USA and has been for some time, yet their rates of heart disease aren't comparable.

http://en.wikipedia..../French_paradox

Yeah, I already have my own answer I was just being a prick

I'll just leave this right here and stop talking before I piss off the big burger haters having fun in this thread. Sorry :emb: I know it's good fun to imagine monstrosity foods as deadly.. Admittedly I still do it at times because it's funny and fun, but secretly at home I eat 10x more butter and fat than ANY average joe American.

Ronald Krauss is a big name in CVD research, a widely lipid scientist. He didn't feel this way about saturated fat before and only changed his tune because of his own data was suggesting otherwise. Others have already done so..

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Explain to me why the French daily fat intake per capita is higher than the USA and has been for some time, yet their rates of heart disease aren't comparable.

GOOD red wine, non-processed foods, relaxed attitude to life.

i think the european design of their cities probably contributes (i.e. lots of walking)

my friend the other day said something to hilarious to me, shes pretty skinny,

she said that she has spent like 4 years at monthly therapy classes because she hates fat people so much that when she sees them, it makes her feel both sick and angry.

like she'd always known that the way she felt wasnt right, and she wanted it to get sorted, she said she was at a point in the therapy where now she just feels sick and pitying, shes got rid of the burning, unjustified hatred.

shes talking about like proper fatties mind, not just anyone with a bit of tub.

10 years ago my female friend confided in me she hates fat people. She is now fat

yes, quality food.

Tommy's World Famous Triple Chili Cheese Burger

100208tommys1.jpg

100208tommys3.jpg

looks similar on the way out.

brb, going to find some wheat grass and stare at it for an hour

Who the fuck in their good mind would put that in their mouth??

Tommy's World Famous Triple Chili Cheese Burger

100208tommys1.jpg

100208tommys3.jpg

looks similar on the way out.

brb, going to find some wheat grass and stare at it for an hour

Who the fuck in their good mind would put that in their mouth??

retarded midwesterners is my guess. that actually looks just like a big cheesy blood clot.

btw this hotdog crust thing is NOT AMERICAN.

it's a thing that's being pioneered in scotland.

home of the heart attack.

after 3 years in the beautiful country of scotland, i can very much say that the inhabitants here truely know how to cover their food in an incredible amount of fat.

http://en.wikipedia..../French_paradox

I'll just leave this right here and stop talking before I piss off the big burger haters having fun in this thread. Sorry :emb: I know it's good fun to imagine monstrosity foods as deadly..

10,000 calories, dude. 10,000 calories.

+ less snacking since meal times are lengthy, special, family occasions. or is that the italians? think it is.

anyway snacking is a big culprit for obesity. the woman i work with seems to eat constantly throughout the day! and yes she is rotund, and always moaning on about dieting.

Guest Pennywise

deep fried mars bars. I love mars bars, there's never ever a time that I would refuse one.

marsbar.jpg

mmm...grab yourself one today.

mars bars.

At the soul food place I mentioned in the Last Breakfast place, I had a bite of a deep fried twinkie, which I'm pretty sure the folks there made just to see if our group would eat it. And we did.

I wasn't going to eat more than a bite, though.

I heard the deep fried mars bar thing was sort of a Scottish joke that tourists didn't get. I think this twinkie involved a similar degree of trolling. Not that it tasted unpleasant.

I heard the deep fried mars bar thing was sort of a Scottish joke that tourists didn't get.

it started as a bit of fun between a chippy owner and local kids somewhere near aberdeen and quickly spread from there.

they will deep fry pretty much anything though. half a shitty cheapo pizza dipped in batter and deep fried. haggis, sausages, burgers, whole chickens, anything can be dipped in batter and deep fried. batter just makes things tasty!

they will deep fry pretty much anything though. half a shitty cheapo pizza dipped in batter and deep fried. haggis, sausages, burgers, whole chickens, anything can be dipped in batter and deep fried. batter just makes things tasty!

... bacon dipped in batter and deep fried. has that happened yet?!

or at least coated in some cornmeal or something

Guest kokeboka
Haggis is a kind of savoury pudding containing sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs — see offal); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally encased in the animal's stomach and simmered for approximately three hours.

Seems more unappealing than unhealthy. Not that I've tried haggis, in any case.

Haggis is a kind of savoury pudding containing sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs — see offal); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally encased in the animal's stomach and simmered for approximately three hours.

Seems more unappealing than unhealthy. Not that I've tried haggis, in any case.

Haggis really isn't any different from any other sausage.

I mean, using suet is pushing it by non-British standards of things which are fit for human consumption, but otherwise it's only as disgusting as any other sausage. Which is to say, pretty disgusting, but also delicious.

Archived