IGNORED

RECORD STORE DAY

Danny O Flannagin

I cried a little in my pants when I had to pass up the only copy of Electric Warrior 7" box set.

Heady fwends was also $70, y'all let me know if it's bangin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ugh, it's great news(!!!), and yet i have a strong feeling i won't be able to find it in the states.

surprise surprise, i was totally right. although i didn't wake up til 1, so i was at a bit of a disadvantage lol

Just got back from my local record store, never seen anywhere so packed, literally took me 5 hours to buy a record and I was queueing before the shop even opened. Here's a pic of everything I got there, most of it was free though so if there's a shit record amongst the pile, don't blame me for buying it.

post-6945-0-95099400-1335016378_thumb.jpg

fucking fuck, so jealous that you got the chuck persons release. literally JUST NOW found out about it, egh. i didn't see zomby's '92 at any of the three (!!!) stores i went to today.

i did pick up the numero group RSD release, a finders keepers mixtape, bbc radiophonic workshop's two compilations, as well as the new sun araw/congos release and a re-release of rob's make it fast make it slow (the last two not RSD-specific releases.)

but yes, fucking jealous as shit about that chuck persons release and whoever got the zomby record.

edit: lol for fucks sake. but based on sellers, i'm definitely reaching the conclusion that it was a UK-only rsd release, so no big loss anyway.

my first RSD and the US crowd is picking up steam! found:

Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends

Flaming Lips/Mastadon - A Spoonful Weighs a Ton

DJ Food vs Amorphous Androgynous - Illectrik Hoax

FSOL - Papua New Guinea/Murmurations

Lex Records - Complex Vol. 1

3 hours from drop off to check out, left because Evanescence was coming in for a signing and their crowd killed the vibe.

wow so evanescence is still a thing

how much was heady fwends though? i really wanted to get it, but jerk-offs emptied any and all stores i visited of the release by the time i got there. i'm not even a flaming lips fan, but i was definitely curious to own the record for the collabs and balls out colored variations.

Met up with a couple of my bros at the our local record store today. Pretty much like any other day except for the amount of people and records they were buying. There were a couple boxes with a 2 for $1 but all the albums where shit. Still had a fun time

Stayed home, bought Sleep's Dopesmoker reissue instead.

Actually I wanted to go but out here in South Carolina, RSD is pretty underwhelming. Last year's RSD, the best thing I found was a Soundgarden 7" from a PREVIOUS year's RSD. How sad is that.

Met up w/ Ms. Superstix at Amoeba, Hollywood and had a run of the place. I showed at 3:30 so I didn't get any of the big up front RSD titles, but this was on the UK RSD list only and for some reason wasn't placed w/ any of the hyped stuff.

http://www.discogs.c...release/3553350

It was just put in the Ulrich Schnauss section, ha! How this ended up in the US for the day, i don't know.

also got:

Automatic Tasty - Fieldwork EP

Ulrich Schnauss & Mark Peters - Underrated Silence (CD)

2562 - Air Jordan

Guest uptown devil

I showed up 2 hours late and everything was pretty much sold out. who the fuck gets up at 9am on a saturday?

There were only like 3 RSD thingies at my local store, but in the course of browsing I found the CD reissue of Future Shock by Herbie Hancock for 5 bucks, so that was worth it. Cue my walking around all today to the tune of lossless ROCKIT

Yes! Meeting up with SPD2 was fun! I was at Amoeba pretty much all day and I loved every second of it. To be surrounded by the nerdiest of fellow music nerds ... it was like being home lol Amoeba Music in Hollywood... world's largest independently owned record store is what they say. There were live DJs all day, live t-shirt screenprinting, prize wheel, discounts on turntables, etc.

Here's my loot from the day:

• Flaming Lips - Heady Fwends double lp (RSD Exclusive)
  • Various Artists - Smugglers Way (RSD Exclusive) Domino Records' first Flexidisc 'Zine
  • AFX - Hangable Auto Bulb EP (vinyl, $20)
  • Ty Segall & White Fence - Hair (the new collab album, white vinyl, really good surf/garage rock that sounds straight out of the late 50s, early 60s)
  • Suzanne Ciani - Lixiviation (first CD I've purchased in quite some time and it's awesome)
  • A couple of Amoeba RSD T-Shirts
  • An Amoeba RSD record tote

Here is some vinyl pr0n

post-7591-0-71901700-1335199074_thumb.jpg

post-7591-0-28890300-1335199315_thumb.jpg

post-7591-0-81029700-1335199324_thumb.jpg

post-7591-0-67181900-1335199337_thumb.jpg

Yes! Meeting up with SPD2 was fun! I was at Amoeba pretty much all day and I loved every second of it. To be surrounded by the nerdiest of fellow music nerds ... it was like being home lol Amoeba Music in Hollywood... world's largest independently owned record store is what they say. There were live DJs all day, live t-shirt screenprinting, prize wheel, discounts on turntables, etc.

Here's my loot from the day:

• Flaming Lips - Heady Fwends double lp (RSD Exclusive)
  • Various Artists - Smugglers Way (RSD Exclusive) Domino Records' first Flexidisc 'Zine
  • AFX - Hangable Auto Bulb EP (vinyl, $20)
  • Ty Segall & White Fence - Hair (the new collab album, white vinyl, really good surf/garage rock that sounds straight out of the late 50s, early 60s)
  • Suzanne Ciani - Lixiviation (first CD I've purchased in quite some time and it's awesome)
  • A couple of Amoeba RSD T-Shirts
  • An Amoeba RSD record tote

Here is some vinyl pr0n

wow, its too small on my phone but is that hab 1 or 2?

who the fuck gets up at 9am on a saturday?

5am (yes, it's as painful as it sounds)

there wasn't anything that took my fancy. so fuck it.

Yup.

Was gonna book the day off, glad I didn't

Ughhh I don't have money but I got Room(s) Extended which wasn't a RSD exclusive but it was released for it.

I also picked up fucking BCD-2 for $5. Holy shit what a find.

and then I preordered ufabulum

Archived