IGNORED

Weird Ploys For Releasing Records / Strange Concept Albums / Strange Formats

Redruth

Guest sirch

next BoC album is just a blank CDr with this note sellotaped to it and a special unique download code written in invisible ink.

I.O.U.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

next BoC album is just a blank CDr with this note sellotaped to it and a special unique download code written in invisible ink.

I.O.U.jpg

and they don't even include the pen for you to reveal the invisible ink.

cdr includes directions to the nearest wal-mart to buy it.

The next BoC album has already been released. It's just in another universe where we have to transcend this one to access it.

Artists just need time. Art. Artistry. Be true to yourself. Peace.

boards of canada, tree bole only, limited edition wood lp http://www.crackajac...rom-tree-rings/

Hahaha!

boards of canada, tree bole only, limited edition wood lp http://www.crackajac...rom-tree-rings/

could spark a whole new genre..

woodcore...wood n bass... ?

+1 for 'woodcore'.

releasing it digital format, over the internet (by means of a virtual store), making sure to use some sort of rights management scheme to ensure that fans can only listen to it on a limited number of proprietary devices

releasing it digital format, over the internet (by means of a virtual store), making sure to use some sort of rights management scheme to ensure that fans can only listen to it on a limited number of proprietary devices

:cisfor:

:watmm:

mighty tiny vinyl only release? (playable on the mighty tiny record player)

H2uQY.jpg

You are such a silly dude.

An LP full of musique concrete based entirely on the sound of breaking necks (dedicated to Pierre Schaeffer).

• 4 weeks later...

Wasnt The Flaming Lips "Zaireeka" released as 4 CDs that are meant to be played together in anyway the listener chooses? SOmething like that.

The latest Terre Thaemlitz album (Link) has just arrived on my desk -

trans.jpg

And although a little unclear, this is the previous purchase I got of Fennesz -

usb-drives.jpg

(It's a mini USB drive on a credit card style case)

One day I might buy a CD in a normal jewel case.

The latest Terre Thaemlitz album (Link) has just arrived on my desk -

trans.jpg

And although a little unclear, this is the previous purchase I got of Fennesz -

usb-drives.jpg

(It's a mini USB drive on a credit card style case)

One day I might buy a CD in a normal jewel case.

Is this the liquid music thingy by fennesz? How is it?!

Aye 'tis.

Yeah, it's OK - nothing too special.... It's a 30+ min video of spinny and close up shots of watery things with a backing track of a live performance of Endless Summer-era material. Apparently the reason for the format choice is that DVD didn't allow a clear enougth representation of the recorded media but all it seems to do is show up the interlace artefacts you get when recording from a cheap DV camera. Kids !

when Merzbow was at his peak in the late 90s, there were a ton of urban legends of all the different 'limited edition of 1' releases he put out in japan. One of them included a beatup car with an exclusive merzbow cd in a car cd player which could not be ejected.

another was a cassette inside of a dead dog carcass, i dont think either of these really exist but it would be cool if the ydid

edit: i didnt read any of the thread, but here are some ones i know exist

Zoviet France - Gris, 10" record inside of a sleeve of sand paper

AMK - Needle to the Groove , a 12" record which has one side which has a flexidisc of other material randomly cutup and pasted to it. Very cool conceptual noise release

as far as i know the first Haters 12" was just a blank piece of acetate that comes wit ha bag of gravel, they ask you to rub and scrape the gravel on the 12" and play it back

Fluidities - Jonathan Hughes + guests

All ambient tracks were composed in the same scale and tempo the idea being you play each CD together and mix and match the tracks from whatever point to form new variations. I bet Eno wish he'd thought of this first but then again maybe he did?

Archived