IGNORED

your funeral songs

J3FF3R00

your funeral songs  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want played at your funeral?

• Music played
    • nothing... silence
    • live band

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aphex Twin - Stone in Focus

Entorwellian - National Film Board of Canada

Eric Poplin Spies - Grey Sundays

The Caretaker - The homesickness that was corroding her soul

Leyland Kirby - Because tonight always comes

Aquinas - Incandescent

Quadrant 3 by Harmonic 313 (sorrz no youtubes available), such a simple / beautiful / moving track.

If I was terminally ill I'd probably try to commission Mark to make a beatless version.

This has stuck with me from when i was a kid, My dad had an old soundtracks vinyl and this was on there. I recall listening to it on his chunky headphones on Sunday afternoons. Memories.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HdFTOl8uiE&feature=related[/media]

No words can describe the feelings that this composition can evoke in me.

[media=]

[/media]

You gotta love the Aphex (was a toss up between this and Alberto Balsam)

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nEzOhPUIbY[/media]

And I couldn't depart this earth without introducing my surviving relatives to some Plaid

[media=]

[/media]

I'd want a bunch of different music to play and hopefully inspire people there to explore music like I have.

Something that'd most likely play at my funeral:

[media=]

[/media]

This would probably be my 'exit' song. Part cause it's a beautiful piece of work, part because it was from Short Circuit.

The other three which I've planned to have for a while:

And:

The above because it probably fits very well with my early life. It'd need to be this take simply because of the story behind it. The fact that he was off his face when this was recorded and it was still released. He missed the entry point and it still stands to be an excellent rendition of the talent that Charlie had.

And:

Stan Getz's last album made the year before he died. Death was round the corner for him and the thought that he knew this in his head and still released another truly great album astounds me. This song stuck with me when I first heard the album and will until my death.

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

I'm probably in a minority here but I'd prefer to have tunes played at my funeral that people attending it would associate with me anyway rather than playing my favourite tracks that I've chosen specifically, funerals being more about how someone remembers you and celebrating those memories of you. I know exactly what tunes people would choose for me though (putting youtube links in spoilers so they don't clutter the page).

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]