IGNORED

[CylobBot] Write your own website

Joyrex

i can understand why the artists we listen to would not like this site. i come here a lot, but i can understand.

The music they make is not about boundaries. Not about getting boxed into some genre. Aphex was dj'ing under a table in the 90's Fair to say he doesn't like attention. I can understand this too.

id be interested to know Snare's reason for wanting to stay off this site

I remember Cylob mentioning somewhere that he thinks this site is homophobic.

Well, if Cylob thought this site was homophobic, I would hope he understands that the community here is comprised of many people, with many viewpoints, but as a 'policy', I don't condone abusive behaviour towards anyone for their sexual orientation - I personally could care less what anyone here is - as long as they behave themselves and follow the rules, what they do in their private lives is their own business.

i can understand why the artists we listen to would not like this site. i come here a lot, but i can understand.

The music they make is not about boundaries. Not about getting boxed into some genre. Aphex was dj'ing under a table in the 90's Fair to say he doesn't like attention. I can understand this too.

id be interested to know Snare's reason for wanting to stay off this site

I remember Cylob mentioning somewhere that he thinks this site is homophobic.

Cylol

Guest globalsynek

Anyone who doesn't appreciate Cylob's output is an uncultured philistine.

fact!

Enlighten us heathens please.

Empathy Box was great, as was his Ventolin remix. Cut the Midrange, Drop the Bass was clever. What else...?

Cylobian Sunset is one of the best 90s albums (& Synek is possibly my favorite IDM track outside of the big four's output, such an anthem). the Kinesthesia EPs are top tier ambient techno. Spider Report & the two Cylob Music Systems are great, Lobster Tracks is great, Formant Potaton...Bounds Green is a brilliant throwback to his 90s ambient style, including one of the best IDM tracks ever (Morning). Trojan Fader is a very rhythmic but satisfying release. Even the recent Ambient News stuff is good. I personally think he has one of the most consistent discographies in IDM, & I'm very surprised he's not as popular as u-ziq, Plaid & the like.

although he seems like a VERY bitter person, but I can't say I wouldn't be if I was overshadowed by lesser musicians like he is.

& I think besides the lack of popularity, he's much more deserving of a subforum than ceephax, who makes some brilliant stuff (like the Acid Emigrates album), but often relies on pretty generic acid techno tracks (I know I'm in the minority thinking that).

Edited by globalsynek

Just an update (and in case you're wondering why there is no Cylob subforum anymore):

Chris (Cylob) and I had an email exchange and apparently the genesis of this thread (aka his RSS rant) was for two reasons:

• Chris apparently thinks I was responsible for leaking the "Joyrex Tape" onto the internet (I did not; I only posted snippets after getting permission from Richard himself) and why he would care is because apparently he had a part in one of the tracks - I explained to him the whole backstory, so hopefully now he's aware that I'm not responsible for the leak since I wasn't the only person who possessed a copy of that tape (and was not the originator of it, even though I brought awareness of it to this site).
  • Chris thinks RSS feeds are basically to copy a website's content illegally EDIT: Chris asked me to correct this as it was a bit inaccurate - here's his words directly: "Here is my opinion: RSS feeds allow people to keep up to date with various streams of information. Instead of visiting several blogs one by one, they can have a single list of summarised articles to browse. I do not believe that RSS feeds are meant for cloning entire websites. I could use RSS to clone a popular blog, call it "Doing Doing", strip away all the formatting and substitute my own logo and drab colour scheme, and I could probably get away with it. But would that be good in any way?" Again, I explained to him the intent of having RSS feeds from his blog to the Cylob forum was to allow fans who might not visit his site or subscribe to the RSS feed themselves a chance to keep up on his doings, and hopefully drive more traffic to his site and perhaps increase sales of his musical output.

I offered, if he wished, for me to remove the RSS feed from his site and/or remove the subforum as well, along the same lines as why I removed the Snares subforum - out of respect for the artist and their output. All posts from the Cylob subforum are now in Music Discussion, so any Cylob fans can continue to discuss his music, but WATMM will no longer have a dedicated subforum for Cylob.

Edited by Joyrex
Updated with corrections

Just an update (and in case you're wondering why there is no Cylob subforum anymore):

Chris (Cylob) and I had an email exchange and apparently the genesis of this thread (aka his RSS rant) was for two reasons:

• Chris apparently thinks I was responsible for leaking the "Joyrex Tape" onto the internet (I did not; I only posted snippets after getting permission from Richard himself) and why he would care is because apparently he had a part in one of the tracks - I explained to him the whole backstory, so hopefully now he's aware that I'm not responsible for the leak since I wasn't the only person who possessed a copy of that tape (and was not the originator of it, even though I brought awareness of it to this site).
  • Chris thinks RSS feeds are basically to copy a website's content illegally - again, I explained to him the intent of having RSS feeds from his blog to the Cylob forum was to allow fans who might not visit his site or subscribe to the RSS feed themselves a chance to keep up on his doings, and hopefully drive more traffic to his site and perhaps increase sales of his musical output.

I offered, if he wished, for me to remove the RSS feed from his site and/or remove the subforum as well, along the same lines as why I removed the Snares subforum - out of respect for the artist and their output. All posts from the Cylob subforum are now in Music Discussion, so any Cylob fans can continue to discuss his music, but WATMM will no longer have a dedicated subforum for Cylob.

Thanks for the update. I actually didn't know anything about the Joyrex tape story.. interesting

Any chance you have plans to have a poll on replacing his dedicated forum with someone else?

fact!

maybe a little bit harsh but completely true. IF you don't understand why he deserves to be along side aphex, vibert, etc you really need to do some reading son!

fact!

maybe a little bit harsh but completely true. IF you don't understand why he deserves to be along side aphex, vibert, etc you really need to do some reading son!

I guess that's your opinion.

fact!

I guess that's your opinion.

no it's actually not, if you missed the boat on cylob and still don't understand why he's in the same league as Vibert you have a long way to go is all im saying. 100% fact

Edited by Awepittance

We should have a poll or something... since all the community uses this site the community should decide! like a democracy or something

HA! you're still fresh in many ways my friend

We should have a poll or something... since all the community uses this site the community should decide! like a democracy or something

I hope the sarcasm of my post wasn't lost on ya. I have been lurking on this site since 2008 after all. =)

Edit... I think it was 2008? =/

Sure, why the hell not - I've enjoyed a few Ceephax tracks now and then :emotawesomepm9:

Yay =)

Edited by StephenG

In this case, it was Cylob's desire to have the subforum removed, and since I respect the artists we feature on WATMM, I've removed the subforum.

Now, does Ceephax have an RSS feed on his site? :emotawesomepm9:

In this case, it was Cylob's desire to have the subforum removed, and since I respect the artists we feature on WATMM, I've removed the subforum.

Now, does Ceephax have an RSS feed on his site? :emotawesomepm9:

just joshing jr I know the rules I'll be a good boy

also stephenG any doubts cylob isn't amazing:

one track: German

Edited by dr lopez