IGNORED

[CylobBot] Write your own website

Joyrex

So much for trying to bring more exposure to Cylob's work...

You might want to read up on what RSS feeds are for and how they work, Mr. Jeffs.

Yeah, this is funny and all, but isn't anyone a bit mystified/questioning by/why Cylob's apparent misunderstanding of why we have an RSS feed of his sites' content come here?

After all, it's certainly not harmful to him, and if anything, helps promote what he's doing as an artist as well as keeping his fans here at WATMM up to date on what he's up to - it's not as if I'm benefiting from this in any way...

was he drunk when he wrote that? he's being incredibly rude, even if joyrex is in the wrong here.

Please explain to me in what universe I am "in the wrong" by having an RSS feed from his site create posts here so fans of Cylob's music can keep up to date on what he's doing without having to visit his site every day.

Once you announce something, it's in the ether and people report on it.

That's about all there is to say about that.

I'll go with the drunk theory.

was he drunk when he wrote that? he's being incredibly rude, even if joyrex is in the wrong here.

Please explain to me in what universe I am "in the wrong" by having an RSS feed from his site create posts here so fans of Cylob's music can keep up to date on what he's doing without having to visit his site every day.

Sorry joyrex i didn't mean to imply that. i don't know the rules about RSS feed or anything so i wouldn't know. just sayin he was being rude to you, either way.

i'll go with the he doesn't like watmm theory

Edited by vincentvc

i'll go with the he doesn't like watmm theory

Hah, how is that possible. We're lovely.+ I don't like the idea that he's a snob.

Sorry joyrex i didn't mean to imply that. i don't know the rules about RSS feed or anything so i wouldn't know. just sayin he was being rude to you, either way.

Ah, I see. no offense taken.

poor cylob is in trouble because he took his rant down

:cerious:

I'm hoping he took it down because it was a mistake, although he could have removed it after posting it knowing the RSS feed removal wouldn't subsequently remove the post here.

He's pulling a Snares

Perhaps, but Snares at least had a civil (private) conversation with me about it, and gave his reasons for not wanting WATMM to have a subforum dedicated to his music, even though I'd wager there are a hell of a lot more Snares fans here than Cylob fans would would appreciate a subforum in which to discuss his music.