IGNORED

Tame Impala - Lonerism

Candiru

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoying my first listen right now :music: Might be more consistently good than the first album. As I said before, Innerspeaker started off with the best song and while I do enjoy the album as a whole, it's never a good thing to like the first song best.

this is out on itunes in australia now but we have to wait until next week? why have different digital release dates?

oh right, so by the time it becomes available i already have it instead of buying it. right.

Guest W32MyDoom

It's really fun and psychedelic at times, love this synths too but I can't get past the fact that it sounds exactly like the Beatles.

heh, no i know. i can not not hear adam sandler's singing voice though. totally destroys it for me.

anyway, lonerism is seriously a great record. what a sound they have. the fridmann production is unmistakable.

lonerism is mayb a great record, but i've listened it once time... wait a moment, it's not enough 2 listen it once time... after i'll come here... but u must listen Alt-J, cause as it wrote from wikipedia:

An Awesome Wave

Their debut album drew on multiple musical genres and sensibilities (folk, rock bass, catchy pop, hip-hop beats, trip-hop atmosphere, indie-rock quirkiness, electronic heavy synth riffs), wedding them to intimately personal, sometimes confessional lyrics, peppered with film and literary references including allusions to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Luc Besson's Léon: The Professional and Maurice Sendak's Where the Wild Things Are.

also synth pop & more as style!

Their debut album drew on multiple musical genres and sensibilities (folk, rock bass, catchy pop, hip-hop beats, trip-hop atmosphere, indie-rock quirkiness, electronic heavy synth riffs), wedding them to intimately personal, sometimes confessional lyrics, peppered with film and literary references including allusions to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Luc Besson's Léon: The Professional and Maurice Sendak's Where the Wild Things Are and has totally revived adam sandler's music career.

i have a buddy here who is obsessed with kexp.

this thread has been hijacked by alt-j, i just can not not hear adam sandler. totally destroys it for me. musically, i love it, but now way will i ever be able to unhear the sandler voice. someone in my office honestly thought it was a new adam sandler album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JANBlEKr9k

gave their first album a listen. s'alright. sounds abit too much beatles, maybe the vocal

It's funny, to me there was only one track on Innerspeaker that reminded me of The Beatles - "It Is Not Meant to be" - and maybe two on Lonerism.

Guest bitroast

just earlier today bought tickets to see them live later this year^~^

i'm hoping it'll be enjoyable. alot of the satisfaction from this music comes from the super tight production, but i'm sure there'll be enjoyable live too.

(also, may have purchased tickets to see my bloody valentine today as well. it's been a wallet exhausting/exciting day^^ ^^ ^^).

Archived