IGNORED

Tame Impala - Lonerism

Candiru

Anyone else like their first album, Innerspeaker? I listened to the shit out of it last summer and the summer before that. Saw them live, highly enjoyable. Psyched about this new one.This new song is quite good.

http://pitchfork.com...t&utm_name=news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQH2Kq1QXaI

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm intrigued. I have innerspeaker. Good album.

The one thing about these guys that bugs me a touch is that they sound like if Dungen wrote lyrics in English. I guess there are LOTS of worse bands you could sound like tho.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Yup Innerspeaker is great and from the sounds of Apocalypse Dreams this follow up could be even better.

They do a really good job with the old school sounding production, while still kinda sounding clean and polished in a way. I wish there was more information out there about the way they went about getting that sound.

I didn't really like that new Apocalypse dreams track at first. It isn't the single being pushed with the new album so I will wait to see how that song is, titled 'Elephant'. I always like that its just the one guy playing all the instruments on the album.

I've seen them about 3 times and they always bring a good show. Anyone curious about this band should seek out their demos on the Tame Impala tumblr, they are out of control.

I saw them back in fall 2010 in lawrence kansas and then venue's PA system wasn't working for the vocals or something so they just jammed instead. It sucked because they only played one of their actual songs (the instrumental) and just jammed for 30-45 minutes.

I loved innerspeaker and I'm pumped for this album

Anyone curious about this band should seek out their demos on the Tame Impala tumblr, they are out of control.

Check out Pond as well; they consist of a few members of Tame Impala. And if you can, Mink Mussel Creek too (though they might be a bit hard to track down outside of Perth).

Sounds decent, looking forward to the album. I like Innerspeaker, my only complaint is that it never gets better than the first track.

The whole album is pretty groovy. My favorite song is Alter Ego, the opener is really good though.

I always like that its just the one guy playing all the instruments on the album.

???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOMBeO9BUD4

Uhh yeah I guess the live singer/guitarist does do 99% of all the writing and recording of all the instrumenhts, I thought that was just for the first demo, especially since they have behind the scenes of what I thought was them recording the album and they are all at the beach house studio.

Anyway I've really fallen in love with all of their songs. I've never been the hugest fan of 60s and 70s space/psychedelic/prog/jam rock but I really enjoy their tunes, maybe I'm ready to start really getting into some older classic space rock bands.

Definitely check out Eloy if you want stuff on the more space/prog side of things. They got really good in the early 80s but their 70s output is pretty great too. Albums to try: Ocean, Colours or Planets.

Definitely check out Eloy if you want stuff on the more space/prog side of things. They got really good in the early 80s but their 70s output is pretty great too. Albums to try: Ocean, Colours or Planets.

I haven't heard Eloy's 80s output but I love 74's Floating first and foremost, but also Inside from 73 and Power and the Passion from 75.

Along those lines, Khan's Space Shanty from 72 is fantastic.

• 1 month later...

I love Innerspeaker, can't wait for that new LP.

They do a really good job with the old school sounding production, while still kinda sounding clean and polished in a way. I wish there was more information out there about the way they went about getting that sound.

Simple answer : Dave Fridmann does the mix. You can here his engineering/mixing work on Flaming Lips's records too, he's quite a studio magician.

• 1 month later...
Guest igloos unlmtd

its mostly a good album, i like that there are more textures & fun production tricks than the first album which was too samey in my opinion making it hard to listen to all at once.

they still sound a lot like the Aerovons.

Archived