IGNORED

Psychedelics

mentalextension

I really enjoy doing psychedelics outside too.

Take some with me every year I go camping/hiking. Good times!

how do i test the shit out of this stephen?

Here's what I use:

http://www.eztest.com/product/ez-test-for-lsd/

This should work perfectly if you have blotter.

I had an issue testing liquid lsd diluted in ethanol, the ethanol threw off the reagent and it took longer to give me a positive reading (about 2hrs vs the regular 5 mins) but it eventually worked and I got a good reading.

Test Kit instructions
  1. Put a small sample into the testing vial. If you’re testing paper, cut off a corner. Your sample should be about this size: (●)

lol should we warn these people that the size of the dot will change considerably with different screen resolutions?

thanks!

btw do you have some degree or study chemistry?

I'm finishing up a business degree at the moment. Nothing in chemistry though, I just do lots of drugs so I've always tried to learn as much as possible about the, :emotawesomepm9:

Test Kit instructions
  1. Put a small sample into the testing vial. If you’re testing paper, cut off a corner. Your sample should be about this size: (●)

lol should we warn these people that the size of the dot will change considerably with different screen resolutions?

lollll

Are acid flashbacks a myth?

Yeah. At least I think so.

I've never had one and I've done plenty of legitimate LSD.

Granted the first time was about 8 years ago when I was around 18, so I've got a whole life of potential flashbacks to occur lol.

Edit: unless you're referring to HPPD which is very very real. I have HPPD from mixing hallucinogens and weed and alcohol. Now when I smoke weed or drink VERY heavily I see acid like visuals. I can get swirling and colours on the roof and walls. No open air visuals though. That's from years and years of mixing and abuse though.

That requires the catalyst of weed/alcohol. It doesn't just happen on its own like the anti drug ads would want you to think.

Does that help?

Edit: to be honest, HPPD has been a blessing so far because I can have mini lsd trips by smoking some weed. Not sure the long term psychological effects though. I'll probably be a mental schizo by age 50 or something, with my luck.

Edited by StephenG

You're like a Canadian Tim Leary, Stephen G. I don't wanna see you here in 5 years as a burnt out acid freak with no self awareness dishing out deep feels as if you're the only man on planet earth. Now gimme your best speaker stand height.

LSD is very safe for the average 'take it or leave it' drug user. It was the first drug available to me after smoking pot as a teen. I don't think I've been without some for the last 12 years. Nowadays I trip once or twice a year. I like it a lot more that way. Used to be an every weekend poly-substance adventure for years, probably close to a decade TBH.

Well i don't think theres any lasting effects I need to worry about. From what I read, it seems like the only risk lies on the people who already have mental health issues

Not unless you're eating it all the time and eating a lot at a time. I have noticed some effects of long term LSD use and poly-drug (ab)use for years, but nothing too weird.

LSD is very safe for the average 'take it or leave it' drug user. It was the first drug available to me after smoking pot as a teen. I don't think I've been without some for the last 12 years. Nowadays I trip once or twice a year. I like it a lot more that way. Used to be an every weekend poly-substance adventure for years, probably close to a decade TBH.

Well i don't think theres any lasting effects I need to worry about. From what I read, it seems like the only risk lies on the people who already have mental health issues

Not unless you're eating it all the time and eating a lot at a time. I have noticed some effects of long term LSD use and poly-drug (ab)use for years, but nothing too weird.

Not sure what you mean when you say poly-drug use. Do you mean dropping acid and smoking weed/drinking at the same time?

Not sure what you mean when you say poly-drug use. Do you mean dropping acid and smoking weed/drinking at the same time?

Combined with MDMA, other psychedelics of many other classes, N2O, ketamine, or cannabis during the experience. On the comedown usually a barbiturate, benzo, or nice opiate - there was a good while when latex opium was readily available and made the tail end of high dose LSD trips akin to a warm hug. Mostly I'd say any lasting effect came from the amount of times tripped. I did it pretty much every weekend for years when I was a teen, along with using cannabis an. Keeping things to once or twice a year makes it much easier to recover from and appreciate.

poly drug use is a nice way to fuck up your brain.

checks grades in school*

nah I'm still good brah

(we shall see in 20 years though heh... maybe I'll be speaking like delet types)

I have noticed some effects of long term LSD use and poly-drug (ab)use for years, but nothing too weird.

So maybe HPPD really IS rare? I think me and you have a fairly similar consumption background, but I honestly get some pretty intense visuals when smoking weed (especially sativas) or if I drink heavily (I'm talking 20oz + of hard liquor) without having taken any hallucinogens/psychs for months. I get this nice little visual mini-lsd/shroom trip.

I've taken tons of research chemicals though, maybe that's what triggered it?

I'll admit I notice it less now than I did a few years ago, seems to be going away slightly. Then again I've been doing less of the 2C-x series these years lol. Like you've said, spacing it out makes it much more appreciable.

Edited by StephenG

Poly drug use isn't as detrimental as one would believe. I didn't seem to have a problem obtaining a degree, getting a job, or doing pretty much anything else. I'll likely see effects later on, but there are also quite a few psychedelic advocates who live/have lived very long lives with little problems with health or cognition.

I have noticed some effects of long term LSD use and poly-drug (ab)use for years, but nothing too weird.

So maybe HPPD really IS rare? I think me and you have a fairly similar consumption background, but I honestly get some pretty intense visuals when smoking weed (especially sativas) or if I drink heavily (I'm talking 20oz + of hard liquor) without having taken any hallucinogens/psychs for months. I get this nice little visual mini-lsd/shroom trip.

I've taken tons of research chemicals though, maybe that's what triggered it?

I'll admit I notice it less now than I did a few years ago, seems to be going away slightly. Then again I've been doing less of the 2C-x series these years lol. Like you've said, spacing it out makes it much more appreciable.

Don't get me wrong, after my first few 'heroic' doses and lots of 500ug+ doses on the regular with mixes of other chems, my vision has never been fully back to 'baseline'. It's accentuated when I'm very physically activated, having sex, ect. I have learned to live with it and it is nowhere near a state I'd consider to be the full effect of any psychedelic, but it is noticeably and often entertainingly non-normal and quite normal - if you catch my drift. ;)

i've seen it in people i know. depression, anxiety, paranoia, brain damage.

dont get me wrong, the weed shrooms and booze combo has been through trials, even for long term effects. other combinations you can research, just dont make any mistakes, because one mistake resulting in a fucked up brain is no good. mental problems can be hellish.

Edited by very honest

you just have to mold life around your insanity - i think that anyone who let their polydrug abuse change them for the worse should man up thumbprint some needlepoint and revaluate

you just have to mold life around your insanity - i think that anyone who let their polydrug abuse change them for the worse should man up thumbprint some needlepoint and revaluate

Agree'd

Also most of that shit is repairable. You just have to focus on it, and find the tools that help you improve your situation. The body is always seeking to be optimum.

the body and mind repairs almost too easily. scary.

saying this i am only 31 yet

hopefully will be a more sensible psychonaut if i am stupid enough to have more responsibilities.

So I did a hit of acid with a friend for the first time. It was totally not what I expected. We were both really amped up, saw flashing lights in the corner of my vision and I was clenching my jaw for 8 ours. We basically paced around the room, laughed a lot and broke some vhs tapes on the ground. To be honest, it felt more like an amphetamine than an a psychedelic and I have this nagging feeling that it might not have been real LSD. Of course I can't know for sure because this is my first time but the experience was more like what I'd image cocaine or adderall to be like. Kinda weird going into a situation like that with expectations that are completely different from the outcome.

I did see weird doubles on the ground like the texture of leaves overlapping but I didn't really feel that high, I just had a lot of energy. Personally dug shrooms a lot more than this but it was fun listening to Autechre really loud, yelling, and pacing/dancing around a room.