IGNORED

Psychedelics

mentalextension

lol

I've noticed at some point I get tired of the tripping and hoping it would end, but then when it wears off I want it to come back...

what audioblysk said is good also.

Close your eye and think about your most beloved person. concentrate on the feeling of love you feel toward that person. feel it in the middle of your chest and try to solely put your attention to that feeling of warmth.

I personally find breathing meditation in the mist of a bad trip impossible, but focussing on love toward another being is possible.

Edited by Ayya Khema

horrible trip

god what have i done

really wish i could snap out of this and be sane again

Relax. Ride the roller coaster.

It's all beneficial after you integrate it into your sober consciousness.

Zeff, it really helps to have a babysitter with you who isn't tripping

To make sure you don't go down some nightmarish rabbit hole

Plus the whole "set and setting" thing

P.S. certain anti-psychotics (the ones that act on dopamine signaling, I think) will immediately stop a trip...

lol

I've noticed at some point I get tired of the tripping and hoping it would end, but then when it wears off I want it to come back...

Close your eye and think about your most beloved person. concentrate on the feeling of love you feel toward that person. feel it in the middle of your chest and try to solely put your attention to that feeling of warmth.

I personally find breathing meditation in the mist of a bad trip impossible, but focussing on love toward another being is possible.

never really had a bad trip. just that my brain wants to take a rest from all the hyperactivity of the trip.

anyone into ketamine or mxe ?

never tried (none of the two) but i am curious

ketamine is the most over-rated, pointless, futile, borderline nihilistic drug every created. You might squeeze half an hour's enlightenment out of a 4-5hr k-hole, but once the lights go off you can just about forget trying to steer the ship anywhere else.

I had 2 intense experiences first few occasions involving A) being in 2 places at the same time, and B) being in a 2dimensional space/time anomaly where consciousness, space/place & time all morphed into vertically constructed/evolving blocks of irregular rectangular shapes. Everything after that was snort & commence to snotty, nose weeping sleep.

This drug almost single-handedly killed the free party scene in Britain in a quite a short period & loathe it for that influence alone. Nothing like going to a squat party where 2/3rds of attendees are asleep on the floor! Thing was it was v easy to import it as liquid liters from India via courier, evaporate it off in a frying pan, scrape and wallop into wraps.

Sad.

anyone into ketamine or mxe ?

never tried (none of the two) but i am curious

ketamine is the most over-rated, pointless, futile, borderline nihilistic drug every created. You might squeeze half an hour's enlightenment out of a 4-5hr k-hole, but once the lights go off you can just about forget trying to steer the ship anywhere else.

I had 2 intense experiences first few occasions involving A) being in 2 places at the same time, and B) being in a 2dimensional space/time anomaly where consciousness, space/place & time all morphed into vertically constructed/evolving blocks of irregular rectangular shapes. Everything after that was snort & commence to snotty, nose weeping sleep.

This drug almost single-handedly killed the free party scene in Britain in a quite a short period & loathe it for that influence alone. Nothing like going to a squat party where 2/3rds of attendees are asleep on the floor! Thing was it was v easy to import it as liquid liters from India via courier, evaporate it off in a frying pan, scrape and wallop into wraps.

Sad.

I was almost addicted to mxe while I had some. MXE is magic for me. It mix with psy ridiculously well. it will turn up any visuals up a notch. You can easily breakthough with mxe+ psy.

Meditation while in the midst of a 'WHEN IS THIS GONNA END?!' scenario is probably the most effective thing I can suggest to anyone that doesn't involve cramming more drugs into your system. Focus on centering all thought or energy into one point of the body (easiest to do with your 'third eye') and focus on creating a steady tempo of breathing in and out slowly and steadily with deep breaths. After about 5 to 10 minutes of doing that, your anxiety will go down, then immediately focus on something simple and positive. Citrus, berries, bubble gum, water, fruit juice and surprisingly the show Futurama have all helped me for focusing on something positive and simple. Sometimes just talking about something everyone in the room likes is enough to get your thoughts out of the dark.

Another thing to keep in mind is that what you are experiencing, positive or negative, is all just the effects of a chemical you and many others throughout history have taken. Psychedelics (excluding some of the weirder phenethylamines that were never meant to be used outside of research purposes) are incredibly safe for your body and can be very effective tools for the mind and I think people get caught up in feeling like they'll never come down or that they're permanently fucked instead of knowing that the state of mind they feel is purely temporary.

Zeff - did you take it alone? Were you outdoors or indoors? What activities did you have for yourself? Did you test the starting materials? Hope you're alright.

P.s. if all else fails, benzodiazepines, opiates ( <----DO NOT COMBINE THE TWO ) and lots of meditation and stretching can really knock a trip back to normal or completely take it away.

thanks for this advice. i really should have meditated and did what you suggest of breathing in and out to calm myself down but I couldn't get over it. I was at home doing this trying to hide the fact that i was doing this from my brother and that fact freaked me out so i flushed the shit. horrible set and setting, god I'm a moron honestly

this is a tool and i abused it and i don't think I want to try and take a look inside any time soon because I've learned many things about myself as a result of this.

basically i felt in a constant state of awe and i think this was a result of my forgetfulness or something but also just part of the psychedelic experience that i was unable to appreciate because of my anxiety and bad trip. i felt like i was constantly on the edge of figuring out the greatest secret of the universe ever hidden away and that i had to tell everyone. talked to my girlfriend on the phone but i sort of freaked out and didn't trust her and thought she was conspiring against me

thought i was the one person in the universe whose unlocked this secret and everyone is working against me to hide it. it felt nice for like a little bit but then its like SHIT, I think I broke my brain because on the outside I must look insane. this was so weird.

i think this is going to be very beneficial to my life having done this. and the first lesson i learned is that its okay to know something and not insist on telling others it but rather to keep it to myself. lols. Damn. Because I can't even express this thing I now know but obviously I'm a newb so you all know what I'm talking about . or maybe not who will ever know. but yeah. damn.

Edited by Zeffolia

lol

damn wish i would have realized the importance of all of this before it started. but yeah this is completely what i shouldve done. breathing would have even helped me it wasn't even that bad I was just not equipped to handle it. dam

Edited by Zeffolia

Meditation while in the midst of a 'WHEN IS THIS GONNA END?!' scenario is probably the most effective thing I can suggest to anyone that doesn't involve cramming more drugs into your system. Focus on centering all thought or energy into one point of the body (easiest to do with your 'third eye') and focus on creating a steady tempo of breathing in and out slowly and steadily with deep breaths. After about 5 to 10 minutes of doing that, your anxiety will go down, then immediately focus on something simple and positive. Citrus, berries, bubble gum, water, fruit juice and surprisingly the show Futurama have all helped me for focusing on something positive and simple. Sometimes just talking about something everyone in the room likes is enough to get your thoughts out of the dark.

Another thing to keep in mind is that what you are experiencing, positive or negative, is all just the effects of a chemical you and many others throughout history have taken. Psychedelics (excluding some of the weirder phenethylamines that were never meant to be used outside of research purposes) are incredibly safe for your body and can be very effective tools for the mind and I think people get caught up in feeling like they'll never come down or that they're permanently fucked instead of knowing that the state of mind they feel is purely temporary.

Zeff - did you take it alone? Were you outdoors or indoors? What activities did you have for yourself? Did you test the starting materials? Hope you're alright.

P.s. if all else fails, benzodiazepines, opiates ( <----DO NOT COMBINE THE TWO ) and lots of meditation and stretching can really knock a trip back to normal or completely take it away.

thanks for this advice. i really should have meditated and did what you suggest of breathing in and out to calm myself down but I couldn't get over it. I was at home doing this trying to hide the fact that i was doing this from my brother and that fact freaked me out so i flushed the shit. horrible set and setting, god I'm a moron honestly

this is a tool and i abused it and i don't think I want to try and take a look inside any time soon because I've learned many things about myself as a result of this.

basically i felt in a constant state of awe and i think this was a result of my forgetfulness or something but also just part of the psychedelic experience that i was unable to appreciate because of my anxiety and bad trip. i felt like i was constantly on the edge of figuring out the greatest secret of the universe ever hidden away and that i had to tell everyone. talked to my girlfriend on the phone but i sort of freaked out and didn't trust her and thought she was conspiring against me

thought i was the one person in the universe whose unlocked this secret and everyone is working against me to hide it. it felt nice for like a little bit but then its like SHIT, I think I broke my brain because on the outside I must look insane. this was so weird.

i think this is going to be very beneficial to my life having done this. and the first lesson i learned is that its okay to know something and not insist on telling others it but rather to keep it to myself. lols. Damn. Because I can't even express this thing I now know but obviously I'm a newb so you all know what I'm talking about . or maybe not who will ever know. but yeah. damn.

yes, the universe is in you :)

Even if you think its a bad trip, you still gain precious insight into <<reality>>. If you practice mindfulness and meditation in your sober life, you will eventually gain insight that will change your life, it did for me at least! Mindfulness and meditation will also help to prepare yourself for a more positive future psychedelic experience.

Edited by Ayya Khema

edit: @ zeff

I'm not here to judge but with how strongly paranoid your experience was (with what I imagine is a small dose?) it might not be for you.

It might take intense practice and effort to get past this now as your first experience may have biased you subconsciously in so many ways. I hope that's not the case as lsd is quite magnificent but I've known more than one person in your boots.

Edited by StephenG

yeah

edit: @ zeff

I'm not here to judge but with how strongly paranoid your experience was (with what I imagine is a small dose?) it might not be for you.

It might take intense practice and effort to get past this now as your first experience may have biased you subconsciously in so many ways. I hope that's not the case as lsd is quite magnificent but I've known more than one person in your boots.

ya really i dont think its for me

i have crippling social anxiety so basically even if i was in a locked bedroom with the doors shut and it was all soundproof i'd still be worried that the people next door could hear me and were judging me. lol. and this worry would stop me from looking inward.

and @other guy no I didn't test anything because I was confident in source, and the tabs were REALLY surprisingly tiny and absolutely tasteless and im just confident they werent any RC at this point because idk. I just feel that I know for sure it couldn't be because it was so special. lol. really heavy body shit though i am extremely sore and my neck is killing me. idk

i dont think this is for me at this point in my life and i will not be acquiring and more lsd any time soon. ill keep what ive gotten from it thus far and leave the intense shit for the true shamans. and for now i will start learning more about meditation, mindfullness, etc. to help me in my daily life and to let go of my mind more

oh and heres the background i had on my phone at the time. looking at it, it was literally an infinitely deep portal into another dimension and the most significant object that has ever existed. lol

yG8kvGD.jpg

"significant" is basically the word I would use to sum up the whole thing. every object i looked at was priceless and worth more than a billion dollars in a bank account because it just "was". my ceiling fan for instance. anyway yep

Edited by Zeffolia

lsd is easy to have hard experience with. its quite hard to turn around a bad moment. ive known experimented tripper fall into bad trips with lsd.

you need to do more <<easy>> psy.

and your first few trips of psychedelics was with salvia? If its so, you have started with the most scary psy with Salvia and a very easy to bad trip with LSD.

You need to prepare more and do appropriate first timer psychedelics substance like SMALL dose of shrooms or mescaline.

you may be more sensible and prow to bad trips, but with the right substance and the right dosage it will be amazing!

Try a 1g of shrooms dose or small dose of mescaline. MXE would be also very good first step into more positive experience.

Edited by Ayya Khema

lsd is easy to have hard experience with. its quite hard to turn around a bad moment. ive known experimented tripper fall into bad trips with lsd.

you need to do more <<easy>> psy.

and your first few trips of psychedelics was with salvia? If its so, you have started with the most scary psy with Salvia and a very easy to bad trip with LSD.

You need to prepare more and do appropriate first timer psychedelics substance like SMALL dose of shrooms or mescaline.

you may be more sensible and prow to bad trips, but with the right substance and the right dosage it will be amazing!

Try a 1g of shrooms dose or small dose of mescaline. MXE would be also very good first step into more positive experience.

yeah I mean I like to think of myself as a sensible person but I haven't really been sensible. I mean I only took 100ug (probably actually less because tabs tend to be overadvertised) but this was really a bit too much for me.

and yeah my first other psychedelic was salvia unless you count weed and it was just really bad. like the main takeaway from the salvia trip was only the bad parts of this lsd trip, paranoia and memory loss. i don't know what the fuck I'm even doing lol I just have too much anxiety to handle these things at this point in my life. 100% I'm done I now realize this. i've just been really looking forward to doing this for many years and i haven't had a chance until now so I think I sort of got a bit excited and was a bit reckless and just did it in a bad set and setting. idfk. this was really enjoyable though overall if I could basically erase about 50% of it which was me pacing my house looking out the windows for cops paranoid

I think my brain is really sensitive since small (according to people online) doses of salvia really fucked me up and this 100ug of lsd (probably less) gave me 200ug dose effects according to this chart

https://www.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/2hg6io/different_dosage_of_lsd_explained_from_20ug1500ug/

Anyway holy fuck. Thanks for the help guise

Edited by Zeffolia

its great if your sensible, but you have not started with good substance.

Salvia is just scary. Most hate Salvia.

Acquire mushrooms and do a small 0.8g dose. It wont be anything like your other experience.

Ive done many psy, ime the most gentler is mescaline/peruvianus. If you can acquire cactus, that would be very nice as its impossible to have a bad trip on small dosage + its absolutely wonderful feeling. itconnects you to the general inner good vibes.

dont do LSD or Salvia anymore.

its great if your sensible, but you have not started with good substance.

Salvia is just scary. Most hate Salvia.

Acquire mushrooms and do a small 0.8g dose. It wont be anything like your other experience.

Ive done many psy, ime the most gentler is mescaline/peruvianus. If you can acquire cactus, that would be very nice as its impossible to have a bad trip on small dosage + its absolutely wonderful feeling. itconnects you to the general inner good vibes.

dont do LSD or Salvia anymore.

Small dose mushroom trips are amazing. Like, even half a gram. It adds such beauty to your day. Larger doses of shrooms tend to be more difficult and confusing for me than high dose lsd actually, but small dose shrooms are just fantastic and really hard to go wrong with.

Zeff - if you do trip again, try doing it with a group of people you trust, especially ones who have experience with the drug. Tripping alone can go wrong so easily, especially if you have to hide it from others. When you're tripping with a group, there is less a chance of you getting sucked into paranoid thought spirals, and there is usually tons of laughter which makes the mood more positive.

Zeff it sounds like you should not do drugs. Srsly, it's maybe exciting now but you'll want to avoid long term neurological / psychological damage... you have only one brain.

Edited by Guest

The person describing those dosages in the reddit LSD thing is way off from my experience... I'd suggest what they consider to be 110ug or whatever is closer to 50-60 of average purity in all actuality, because most of those dosages are waaaay too high for the effects they suggest. Those would have you way more floored IME.

Just for fun, I'll describe the gist of higher dosages with a little more detail, because why the fuck not.

~~1.2mg+ with no tolerance of and incredibly pure LSD as characterized by the fact that it's nearly insoluble in methanol, needle-like in consistency and exhibits the piezoluminescent spark effect when the amber jar is shaken and still sealed with an inert gas to preserve purity, this stuff is the stuff dreams were made of.

• The big scare -You puke (some do, some don't), get scared, forget what scared is, forget everything including yourself. Effects are very present by 15-20 minutes after ingesting and continue until you shoot towards the peak. It's pretty lush to see the world dissolve in a subtractive geometrical sense so fast, it's akin to DMT, but less paralyzing and not in fast-forward.

• The white-out - temporal casualty loop feelings or rebirth, vision becomes completely enveloped in white light and closing one eyes doesn't make a difference. Your body just becomes one feeling of an intense vibration that starts in the scare period in muscle twitches starting from the feet and shooting up the back exiting the third eye, this feeling is IME triggered by stimuli, I was in a heavy wind outdoors my favorite time on this dose and it was breath-taking. The wind went through me, invoked a feeling that encompassed all senses. The vibration sometimes unsteadied like tuning an oscillator pair, but when it hit that perfect vibration, it was really something. Sounds weird, but it's incredibly pleasurable IME. It's very hard to describe this point and some don't experience it. It was rumored by Nick Sand to be something that is only obtained from high doses of very pure LSD because even the slightest amount of iso-LSD or the other corresponding optical isomers, solvent, impurities or what have you left over from lack of correct purification can manifest in some way when it comes to receptor activity and therefore is much more noticeable as the dose goes up.

• From the white light into 'ineffable mysteries of the cosmos right between your eyes' as you stay pretty much still and make little to no sense if you can manage to speak to those around that you cannot perceive at that point - pure awe as the world echo's back bursts of texture and color and sound from the outside world, I usually laugh like a fucking maniac as every object that echoed into my vision came at different times based on field of depth, making my body shudder with that same weird electric pleasure thing. by focusing on my heartbeat and breathing the world slowly blossomed back to the vibrational plane we exist on - sounds morph something wicked along with it and your brain pretty much babbles glossolalia at you. Intense synesthesia and going even as deep on that tip as to having memories or fragments of a nostalgic feeling from a smell or sound or taste. Lots of my friends in those times referred to this state as the 'awe' state, because you frequently look to sober people like you just saw god or Yoda fighting Dracula.

• The child state - around this time you come back to a world so fractalized and full of life that you've never perceived before when sober with feelings of intense wonder and absolutely no ego or remembrance of self, that part lasts a good while until sleep after a long time (generally by +24 hr after dosage) or some chemical intervention (whenever needed). Your friends faces look like melting oil-pastel clockwork, consisting of melting paisley and mandala-style motif's. Closing your eyes for a few seconds is a whole different world and upon opening them again the world fits right back into place with burst of light. Anything moving creates a smoke-like wisp of fractalized trails, mine always remind me of the little f-holes in violins, very much the golden ratio-esque cliche, but going on for the foreseeable distance. The brain-babbling continues and you'll probably say a few really weird things, it's best to not try to communicate as it can freak people out who want to be sober again. 'Acid epiphanies' happen at this point too. The question you have in your little noggin will all make sense and then be lost in an almost the same amount of time. I've had a few really weird 3D zoom-vision effects occur at dosages from 0.5mg and up, but they get very entrancing and last much longer (or so it seems, probably more due to time dilation). I felt connected in such a raw way with the people around me, it requires complete trust as they are basically taking care of you.

• After sleep there is a steady afterglow for the next day or two and you feel a little fried, but IMO super 'zen' is the best way to describe it. My first recovery from that dosage I sat wrapped in a snuggie, eating fruit, occasionally speaking to friends to let them know I wasn't insane and meditating on and off for the better of the next two days at a friends house on a lake. It was pure bliss to sit on my little spot under the tree by the lake, their cat would come lay next to me and it was just so quiet besides the natural sounds of the world around me. Part of me kind of wishes I could just leave most things behind and keep focus and build on that feeling without having to return to the real world. IMO it is impossible to keep the message from that over time with the lifestyles we have to live. That experience gave me a really deep appreciation for monks of the Eastern persuasion and it really is a strange sense of re-birth to start on that clean slate... or something akin to that.

Ayya is pretty much right with the suggestions if you ever wish to try psychedelics again. Smaller dosages of entheogens are much more positive and easy to assimilate IMO. They provide all the therapeutic effects without the ego death. It's not something that is easily done if you're not able to let go. I'm glad you were able to learn something from it, Zeff, even if it was difficult. Some of my more memorable and changing experiences have been the difficult ones. Being half-naked and bursting into happy-tears after letting go of years of weight on my inner self is something that would probably make most turned off by drugs, but these things have helped me push past a pretty rough childhood and teen-years - Kinda like a pudgy, fucked up onion peeling its layers

Sorry for the book, I'm bored at work. All this talk of psychedelics is making me nostalgic. It's cool to see such a big community in this board who are psychedelic enthusiasts :dadjoke: Also, for the above experiences I was with groups of people who were very experienced and as many precautions were taken as possible. There were always sitters and I would absolutely not recommend dosing anywhere near heroic without a very safe and supportive group, set and setting. It can go very, very badly and leave long lasting effects to ones psyche and well-being. Thank you for your attention, bye.

Edited by Audioblysk