IGNORED

Psychedelics

mentalextension

just wanted to check in, i'm out for a ride, it started about right now, all that dizziness shadows melting vapor all around, sense of smell really astute, but all the vision is drunk, i have not smoked pot, yet, it's one of my cleanest trips ever, i'll report back l8r

xoxo

recently been thinking of experimenting with "micro-dosing" mushrooms (1/10th normal dose?) to combat winter depression.

only heard of someone else doing this. havent tripped in a year. not really interested in tripping too deep right now lol.

anyone have any knowledge with this?

recently been thinking of experimenting with "micro-dosing" mushrooms (1/10th normal dose?) to combat winter depression.

only heard of someone else doing this. havent tripped in a year. not really interested in tripping too deep right now lol.

sometimes less is more, i took a few times a micro dose (like half a dried stem) of shrooms and went hard

make tea. it's so much easier on the system

sometimes less is more, i took a few times a micro dose (like half a dried stem) of shrooms and went hard

• 3 weeks later...

re my earlier waffling re acid and conciousness, this looks good:

http://www.orbooks.com/catalog/beyond-zero-and-one-by-andrew-smart/

Can we build a robot that trips on acid? This is not a frivolous question, according to neuroscientist Andrew Smart. If we can’t, he argues, we haven’t really created artificial intelligence.

In an exposition reminiscent of crossover works such as Gödel, Escher, Bach and Fermat’s Last Theorem, Andrew Smart weaves together Mangarevan binary numbers, the discovery of LSD, Leibniz, computer programming, and much more to connect the vast but largely forgotten world of psychedelic research with the resurgent field of AI and the attempt to build conscious robots. A book that draws on the history of mathematics, philosophy, and digital technology, Beyond Zero and One challenges fundamental assumptions underlying artificial intelligence. Is the human brain based on computation? Can information alone explain human consciousness and intelligence? Smart convincingly makes the case that true intelligence, and artificial intelligence, requires an appreciation of what is beyond the computational.

Edited by caze

• 1 month later...

Recently I went level 4+ to 5 on m and it was the most intense experience of my life. The come up was pretty standard: elevated heart rate, calmness, desire to stretch out and move, the beginning of visuals, all surfaces began to warp and vibrate, fractal patterns everywhere. If you're not familiar with m there are lots and lots of patterns at larger dosages, lights, and shiny elements to the visuals. After the initial come up I began to think I had taken too much. I thought I was passing over into death, because the visuals and physical sensations were maxing out to the point that I began to lose almost all my vision. It wasn't your normal m experience with peaks and valleys. It was all a build-up into a climax and then a tapering off. I also felt slightly time warped. It was like time had slowed, and I was entering suspended animation. Luckily, my friends were there to remind me that other entities were still existing around me. Their presence shook me out of this a couple times. It was difficult for me to make it passed this point, but I ended up cuddling with my friends and basically holding on for dear life. I stayed relatively calm considering there was a certain element of fear to this part of the experience. Eventually, I made it through that part, and then the most intense episode began. Before the final stage I was laying in bed, and the air became thick like a glittering celestial fog. I would wave my hands through it, and stare at them. My vision became very fractal and unreliable. Each one of my thoughts began to exhibit a synesthetic response. The entire room became full of waves that seemed to originate from my soul. As if I had become in touch with the emotional dimension of the universe, and I had been given a glimpse of what it's like to pilot through it for a while. I lost full touch with our normal dimension and found myself deep in a synesthetic trance. I forgot my body even existed, and instead I was fully focused on the synesthetic experience. My friends movements seemed to become a part of my thoughts, because they were so heavily distorted. They often had trails following them, and their movements seemed to happen several times in a row. It looked like a glitched out hologram. At one point they even came and laid next to me, but I thought I was imagining it, because I was so deep. I thought about birth, death, a girl I'm close with, my friends, the new humans being born in my family, honor, war, drum & bass/music, creation, gratefulness, love, passion, innocence, the seasons, as many things as possible, and with each thought there was a visual representation. Waves of colored light and fluttering designs were spiraling all around me. I was overwhelmed with gratefulness and love to the point that I would start sobbing for periods then laughing and smiling. I relived the emotions and brief memories from my childhood. I remembered discovering news things, experimenting, disappointments, and loneliness. I felt powerful. It was like I had finally tapped into something I knew was there all along. At certain points I would speak words and phrases out loud, because I was manipulating the visible energy waves around me. I came to conclusions about things out of nowhere, the image of birth and death were the same, so I exclaimed "They are the same thing". At certain points my thoughts would manifest into reality whatever I desired. For example, I desired my sweater so I manifested it into my hand, etc. I felt grateful to have just lived through my earlier experience. At one point I said, "I thought we had died." I came out of it very confused. I didn't know if I had fallen asleep. I didn't know if I had just acted all of this out. I had to speak with my friends in order to start processing it all and coming back into this dimension. As I thought more and more of it I was able to establish an understanding. It was very disorienting for a while, but it was an amazing thing to experience nonetheless. My heart feels more open than ever now.

The video below is what my friend put on right before I went into the deep final stage. I remember seeing three or more of his image in front of me, and his words felt very compelling.

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

• 3 weeks later...

One hit should do you

(Unless you ask one of the heavyweights like Adieau...)

I mean, prepare to "kiss this guy" in the words of the great Jimi Hendrix

"AHHHHHHH" -Marilyn Manson

Edited by LimpyLoo

One hit should do you

I've actually never taken lsd. Was afraid for a long time, but also it's difficult to get the actual stuff. Really important to have a trusted supplier if you are going to venture down these roads lest you accidentally get some research chemicals, most all of them are phenethylamines which makes them a bit different from LSD which is an ergoline, and my close friend who says she's not into them but greatly enjoys LSD says the research chemicals are more unpredictable, more intense, and cause hangovers. She says you can tell if you got research chemicals pretty quickly, because they are not as clean feeling. Good luck and enjoy yourself regardless. :)

One hit should do you

I've actually never taken lsd. Was afraid for a long time, but also it's difficult to get the actual stuff. Really important to have a trusted supplier if you are going to venture down these roads lest you accidentally get some research chemicals, most all of them are phenethylamines which makes them a bit different from LSD which is an ergoline, and my close friend who says she's not into them but greatly enjoys LSD says the research chemicals are more unpredictable, more intense, and cause hangovers. She says you can tell if you got research chemicals pretty quickly, because they are not as clean feeling. Good luck and enjoy yourself regardless. :)

I don't know the actual source of the lsd but my friend says it's its pure and not cut with other shit

One hit should do you

I don't know the actual source of the lsd but my friend says it's its pure and not cut with other shit

Like I said. I don't have a lot of firsthand knowledge. apparently RC isn't as common as I was concerned about, but still possible. But you're in CA so you're probably fine.

around here it's common to split the hits into halves or quarters, but it sounds like it is a common practice to take one entire hit or even 2 on other countries...

i wonder if the acids we get here are that strong, i mean, last half i took i asked myself what would've happened if i had taken the entire hit... i don't know if i'm up to it...

It's easy enough to get an indole testing kit to test the LSD to test for purity.

I have one by Eazytest and it works quite well.

For 1 hit of LSD (even if really good) I wouldn't expect to be off my face. I'd expect a predictable 6-8hrs of some weirdness and laughter. (Edit: peak would be a few hours with 1 hit most likely with some residual body weirdness for the rest of the night, increased tolerance to alcohol, etc). 1 hit will give you closed eye and maybe some surface visuals (shiny surfaces, some light/colour interplay etc) but I wouldn't expect any open air visuals (stuff happening in midair). Likely some swirly roof like you'd see with mushrooms.

around here it's common to split the hits into halves or quarters, but it sounds like it is a common practice to take one entire hit or even 2 on other countries...

i wonder if the acids we get here are that strong, i mean, last half i took i asked myself what would've happened if i had taken the entire hit... i don't know if i'm up to it...

Did you ever test the product to see if it was a 2C or Nbome? Research chemicals are so unbelievably common here in Canada and most people try to pass it off as LSD.

If only a half or quarter was putting people off their face I would expect it to be an Nbome if only for the fact that most lsd suppliers would dilute their squares down to 100-200µg at the highest, simply for the fact that a lot of customers may have a bad experience at higher doses (IE 100-200µg is a reasonably "accessible" dose, even 200µg is pretty high for one hit though).

I'm not saying it wasn't acid that you had, just that in my experience it'd be very uncommon to find someone that would be putting 400µg per blotter out there to make 1/4 of a hit an active dose....

Edited by StephenG

I'd love to revisit the old days do a few classic sessions on a psychedelic. It's not something I would do right now for loads and loads (and loads more lol) of reasons.

I think I would have to of been traveling for 6 months, somewhere like Canada (I wouldn't revisit my old haunts) where there is loads of fresh air and space. I'd be feeling fit and had many months of lush dreams.

I'd really want to find somewhere really peaceful, with a few great folks and sit in the great outdoors with some tunes and drop out on a perfect mission. It would be special. Maybe 2017...

Though I'm lucky in many things in life, I hate the daily soul-sucking treadmill, of which I've been very accustomed to of years of late. But another year or so of treading the mill, I'll be closer to where I used to be. It will happen.

Did you ever test the product to see if it was a 2C or Nbome? Research chemicals are so unbelievably common here in Canada and most people try to pass it off as LSD.

If only a half or quarter was putting people off their face I would expect it to be an Nbome if only for the fact that most lsd suppliers would dilute their squares down to 100-200µg at the highest, simply for the fact that a lot of customers may have a bad experience at higher doses (IE 100-200µg is a reasonably "accessible" dose, even 200µg is pretty high for one hit though).

I'm not saying it wasn't acid that you had, just that in my experience it'd be very uncommon to find someone that would be putting 400µg per blotter out there to make 1/4 of a hit an active dose....

i'm not proud i even feel ignorant for not having ever tested any of the substances i've taken... but unfortunately that's the truth...

i've been taking psychedelics since i was 18 and it was always like that, people would recommend to never take an entire hit, half is enough or many times just a quarter... one time i took one entire hit and i totally disconnected from reality...

this last time, about 2 months ago or so, i bought 2 acids and have been taking halves once in a while since then, alone, in the woods... the woods are probably one of the best places to do lsd. and yes a lot of visuals, just like that new google computer dreams stuff...

Though I'm lucky in many things in life, I hate the daily soul-sucking treadmill, of which I've been very accustomed to of years of late. But another year or so of treading the mill, I'll be closer to where I used to be. It will happen.

good luck. I hope you do. :)