IGNORED

Psychedelics

mentalextension

What form did the dose take? (paper, liquid, windowpane, ect.)

Was there any taste to the material you took, i.e. if it was paper, did it just taste like a piece of paper, or did it have an obvious metallic/chemical/bitter flavor?

Some people clench on LSD, but it's much more common of psychedelic halogenated amphetamines and substituted phenethylamines than lysergamides. I'd suspect that what you were given was either a pretty low dose of LSD, which some find provokes anxiety more than higher doses, or more than likely, a different chemical - from the subjective effects you describe. LSD had a very nice body euphoria if it is well dosed and from quality material.

I'm astounded with the amount of stuff that people pass off for LSD now-a-days. Not that they are bad chemicals, by and means, but they are not the lovely lysergic lady and it's a sad ploy to get people to buy their wares.

I've only done shrooms a couple times and the dose was pretty small both times.

I read some articles on Terrence McKenna last night where he recommends taking 5g of (which I think was a lot more than I did) to get in communication with "the Logos" and I'm intrigued, this is nothing like what I experienced. Anyone else have this kind of thing?

Was there any taste to the material you took, i.e. if it was paper, did it just taste like a piece of paper, or did it have an obvious metallic/chemical/bitter flavor?

Some people clench on LSD, but it's much more common of psychedelic halogenated amphetamines and substituted phenethylamines than lysergamides. I'd suspect that what you were given was either a pretty low dose of LSD, which some find provokes anxiety more than higher doses, or more than likely, a different chemical - from the subjective effects you describe. LSD had a very nice body euphoria if it is well dosed and from quality material.

I'm astounded with the amount of stuff that people pass off for LSD now-a-days. Not that they are bad chemicals, by and means, but they are not the lovely lysergic lady and it's a sad ploy to get people to buy their wares.

It was a sugar cube, my friend said he saw the dealer drop it onto the cubes. Couldn't really taste it but I spat a lot during the whole trip and had a subtle odd taste in my mouth.

I wasn't really paranoid from the effects themselves, more from the fact that I didn't know the original source of the substance and I've heard there is an abundance of fake LSD

So I did a hit of acid with a friend for the first time. It was totally not what I expected. We were both really amped up, saw flashing lights in the corner of my vision and I was clenching my jaw for 8 ours. We basically paced around the room, laughed a lot and broke some vhs tapes on the ground. To be honest, it felt more like an amphetamine than an a psychedelic and I have this nagging feeling that it might not have been real LSD. Of course I can't know for sure because this is my first time but the experience was more like what I'd image cocaine or adderall to be like. Kinda weird going into a situation like that with expectations that are completely different from the outcome.

I did see weird doubles on the ground like the texture of leaves overlapping but I didn't really feel that high, I just had a lot of energy. Personally dug shrooms a lot more than this but it was fun listening to Autechre really loud, yelling, and pacing/dancing around a room.

phenethylamines are what most of the research chemicals are, and that's the same class as amphetamines, adrenaline, mdma, and mescaline. Mescaline is interesting because it is very visual at the right dosages, but many people describe the come-up as a sort of mdma onset before the visuals kick in. I'd have to agree with this too. The initial impact of it is generally an elevated heart rate coupled with a nice cozy body high that generally stimulates people to want to move and stretch.

On the other hand what I've seen discussed about LSD being an ergoline is that it more closely resembles the tryptamines (shrooms, dmt, etc), but has some phenethylamine qualities as well. It's all tricky business.

Isn't it true that if there is a taste it's probably not pure or something else? I think I remember hearing this somewhere.

I've only done shrooms a couple times and the dose was pretty small both times.

I read some articles on Terrence McKenna last night where he recommends taking 5g of (which I think was a lot more than I did) to get in communication with "the Logos" and I'm intrigued, this is nothing like what I experienced. Anyone else have this kind of thing?

I generally take 2g at a time if I'm taking shrooms I'm not familiar with yet. I've never had a bad time on this amount, but I'm also always open to going deep if it occurs, meaning I also take care of my setting, and have trustworthy people around me. I think it's imperative that anyone taking a psychedelic prepare themselves for going deep on accident, because it happens.

For me shrooms is often quite an intense experience at proper dosages. My body will most likely be glued to a surface for a while as I ride what I consider to be something like falling out of an airplane or a very steep roller coaster. With my last strong mushroom trip I spent most of it laying in my bed listening to music and watching the visuals. There were times when I would just close my eyes and let the visuals flow, and there were other times when I would stare at my ceiling and sort of use my hands to play with the fractal fog floating before me. At the end of the intense first wave I began walking around and stretching a bit, and then I cuddled on the couch with the girl I was tripping with and we had some shared synesthetic experiences. Shrooms to me is very cathartic and wonderful while usually being coupled with intense body highs, but it fogs my psyche a lot which tends to interfere with active and productive in the moment integration and growth. Mescaline is very gentle and leaves the mind quite clear in comparison which lends itself to a lot of thinking and proactive in the moment integration and path finding.

Isn't it true that if there is a taste it's probably not pure or something else? I think I remember hearing this somewhere.

In my experience that's true, but in Tikhal (I don't remember the chapter and verse), Shulgin wrote that there's sometimes a weak flavor of some sort.

I'd guess that the percentage of "stuff sold as acid" on the street (offline) that's actually "pure LSD" is closer to 10% than to 50% or more. Some of the substitutes - like 25i-NBOMe - have a terrible track record for causing psychological and even physical harm, so it's stupid not to test (with reagent kits) a drug that you take.

I don't know what "the Logos" is, but it's certainly true that higher doses can lead to qualitatively different results, which are incomparable in many ways with low-dose experiences.

Hmm, a lot of this stuff seems to come with lots of baggage. Maybe I should just get back into meditating.

Try lucid dreaming too. I've had lucid dreams that were better than many of my psychedelic drug induced experiences.

Edited by Joseph

What he called "the Logos" was apparently this billions+ year old, galactic nomad made of pure language that wanted to reach out and communicate to human beings. It's all pretty out-there, and the idea that this fungus is from another planet sounds pretty cray until you consider how big the evolutionary differences are between them and other life forms. It's fun to think about, at the very least.

But I think I need to really consider what I want to get out of this before I jump in with both feet. I do know that I'm looking for more clarity on what's going on in my head, what I really want, what my hang-ups are, and what I can do about them to be most effective. Daily journalling for the last however many years seems like a half-measure and might have even been detrimental (as in, like, a distraction and a false achievement). Weed is fun for getting new ideas but it's getting kind of boring and doesn't seem to go anywhere, so I'm taking a break. Meditation seems a lot more effective than any of these, but I haven't gotten deep enough to get a really good idea of what value it can provide me.

Talking to a space fungus seems pretty sweet, too, though.

Oh, yeah, lucid dreaming seems cool. I have had pretty patchy luck with it, though. I've gotten as far as identifying dream signs and working reality tests into my routine but I got frustrated and lost interest as I was perpetually disappointed by the results. This weekend might be a good opportunity to experiment with WBTB, etc., though, as long as my sleep schedule is still a little fluid post-jetlag and I actually have a 3 day weekend and 3 consecutive chances to try.

windowlickers3.jpg

so, last night, new years eve, not ready yet to enter in details but one thing is for sure, hell of a ride!!!

i have lots of feelings and and stuff that i want to put into words but it's just unbearable for now...

in a nutshell, lsd, drunk feeling of wanting to close your eyes, hallucinations, horrible ones, stitched eyes and stuff, eyes coming out of eyes forget it... got pretty sad because i wanted to enjoy and the stuff i was looking at was not cool and tough a lot about why that was happening to me... turns out windowlicker video kicked in my mind and lots of the stuff i was hallucinating, the horrible stuff, i get it now, richard has been there, the rdj grin, the face, this kind of face in the video, when i closed my eyes that was ll i saw, MY face, distorted, grinny, melting, pretty heavy, like i was some kinda freak, and i embarrassed it and put analord playing and dudes i must tell you i haven't ever ever heard any kind of music like this, there's a place where all this music is playing, i've been there, i know it sounds crazy, but it's so comfy at the same time oh well crying in my face while listening to this...

welcome to the acid swamp!

[youtubehd]X8ljBAKzDUA[/youtubehd]

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

if it makes you feel any better, I've been there too. Strange feeling on those trips; I could have done without it but I did learn a few valuable things about my psyche and self-image (amidst the horror, lol). I suspect you'll make sense of it as time passes.

I've seen myself as a monster, a young Loki, a malformed hillbilly, my own dr. who, a proud warrior, a man-child, and myself, at both my best, and in my crestfallen inglorious mortality. Mental mirrors are brutal.

if it makes you feel any better, I've been there too. Strange feeling on those trips; I could have done without it but I did learn a few valuable things about my psyche and self-image (amidst the horror, lol). I suspect you'll make sense of it as time passes.

I've seen myself as a monster, a young Loki, a malformed hillbilly, my own dr. who, a proud warrior, a man-child, and myself, at both my best, and in my crestfallen inglorious mortality. Mental mirrors are brutal.

lovely to ear those words man!!! fuck me, i'm a nerdy nerdy monster, but as soon as i embraced it....

Yeah sounds very productive to endure something horrific although very challenging.

got the impression you're being sarcastic adieu?

as long as it got me into analord i don't care....

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

still curious if my muzak is comparable to any kind of psychdelic or what

I try to like, make music of what I THINK shrooms would sound like, or something, man

Edited by Ragnar

lovely to ear those words man!!! fuck me, i'm a nerdy nerdy monster, but as soon as i embraced it....

Yeah sounds very productive to endure something horrific although very challenging.

got the impression you're being sarcastic adieu?

as long as it got me into analord i don't care....

Not all. That which does not kill us makes us stronger. I think the drugs show us what we need to see. Just trust them.

still curious if my muzak is comparable to any kind of psychdelic or what

I try to like, make music of what I THINK shrooms would sound like, or something, man

for me anything that is really beautiful is great on psychedelics. Dark and challenging things I save for my unaffected states. Generally I make beautiful things after experiencing psychs.

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

Oh, yeah, lucid dreaming seems cool. I have had pretty patchy luck with it, though. I've gotten as far as identifying dream signs and working reality tests into my routine but I got frustrated and lost interest as I was perpetually disappointed by the results. This weekend might be a good opportunity to experiment with WBTB, etc., though, as long as my sleep schedule is still a little fluid post-jetlag and I actually have a 3 day weekend and 3 consecutive chances to try.

If the reality checking causes frustration, I'd actually recommend forgetting about it temporarily. At the start of the process, the importance of the "reality-check" aspect of lucid dreaming is much less than the importance of faithfully keeping a dream journal (writing down everything you can remember about your dreams immediately after waking up).

Keeping the journal rapidly causes my dreams to get progressively more and more vivid, night by night, and improves my recall of them (starting from a state of very poor recall and vividity).

If your dreams aren't already extremely vivid, then even if you successfully perform a reality check in the dream, your level of lucidity will be low, and you won't be able to exert much control over the dream. On the other hand, a highly vivid dream is rewarding in its own right, and will provide strong motivation to sharpen your reality check skills.

Edited by Joseph

In my experience that's true, but in Tikhal (I don't remember the chapter and verse), Shulgin wrote that there's sometimes a weak flavor of some sort.

I'd guess that the percentage of "stuff sold as acid" on the street (offline) that's actually "pure LSD" is closer to 10% than to 50% or more. Some of the substitutes - like 25i-NBOMe - have a terrible track record for causing psychological and even physical harm, so it's stupid not to test (with reagent kits) a drug that you take.

Where and how did you get the 10% figure? Even the DEA disagrees with you on that and they are WAAAAY behind the times.

Most online black-market sales of LSD come from the same sources as any LSD one would buy in real life... hate to break it to you, but grams costing $18k+ on the net indicate that they are not producing their own supplies as that is a decent bit higher than wholesale direct from distribution. There was a fad years ago with dudes I knew of doing ethanol washes on laying old pans and vials and evaporating the solvent off to make pretty purple crystals of unknown purity and then laying them to blotter... But that isn't very common as you'd have to have broken down or laid a gram to get the left-over needed to even make recrystallization worth it.

I will say from experience that no LSD sold by a major distributor in the USA would be below 70% pure unless they did absolutely no column work after coupling their amine to lysergic acid or the product was not stored correctly. In fact, most modern synthesis routes of LSD produce very pure and mostly stereospecific end product without column work thanks to some lush advances in organic chemistry since the days of Hoffman using fucking hydrazine back in the day. It takes tens of thousands of dollars to have the equipment and precursors to even perform the synthesis, not to mention a competent chemist to perform the work... so putting out a 10% pure product would have wholesale distributors pissed as they'd be laying 10% active product and 90% lysergic byproduct with little to no effects until larger doses are taken, then the effects manifest in the form of bad body kinks and purging before peaking.

You don't taste much off high quality xtal until you get to around the 750ug-1mg mark and it's laid on smaller blotters. Raw definitly has a somewhat bitter taste, but that's when you're eating +1mg at a time. Most hits going around to the general public are 50-100ug and laid @ 1/4" squares, so yeah, if you eat a ten-strip and have a slight flavor, it doesn't surprise me... but if it tastes like anything other than just ever so very very slightly bitter (like almost placebo bitter) off 1 to 5 hits, I'd be worried. Most DOx and NBOME chemicals have a very harsh flavor and are pretty easy to tell. DOx chems have a 9-volt battery taste and the NBOME's will make your mouth go numb and taste like licking a chemical ashtray.

TL:DR - if it's bitter, it's a spitter.

How many distributors do you reckon there are in the states if you had to guess?

On a big-time scale, less than 5 - my 3rd eye avatar cat says he only knows of two, but that's just the west coast. Canada has quite a few clandestine labs, mostly MDMA and Meth, but one of the biggest LSD distributers the cat knew of was in BC and is affiliated with the Nor-Cal folks who are also big-timers. But there are indeed smaller labs making smaller amounts and I know of at least 2 people I went to college with for O-chem that made less than gram quantities of it... So who really knows. It is not easy to produce, as in it's a few notches above clandestine MDMA and phenethylamine synths, mostly due to working under inert atmospheres, acquisition of chemicals (mostly LA or ergotamine/ergocristine being a pain to get) , knowledge of the way to make love to that carboxyl group and the lovely addition of needing to be pretty competent with chromatography column work unless you're a real whiz with your reactions... but not total or novel synthesis territory of difficulty - a competent chemist with the right equipment and precursors/solvents/reagents wouldn't have a problem executing the modern synthesis techniques required.

Edited by Audioblysk

How many distributors do you reckon there are in the states if you had to guess?

On a big-time scale, less than 5

This is what I thought (I expected maybe only 3, actually) .

but one of the biggest LSD distributers the cat knew of was in BC

Any time we've had it here in Calgary it was always reportedly from BC.

:beer:

I'm gonna tell you a story about the first time I took magic mushrooms in Thailand in 1998.....ahhh its too much like hard work. Some other time. Fuck it.

Okay so me and these 2 other chaps dropped a way too much massive dose of shrooms. I can remember sitting in the fucking middle of nowhere on this beach proper coming up, feeling my whole soul screaming outwards in all kinds of directions, I guess it was like outerbody experience, it was so intense and hard to control all three of us were struggling to keep it together. It was crazy, really fucking crazy. I remember a white owl coming out of the trees almost landing right on our faces, one of the lads also saw it. And I kind of think that didn't happen but we both saw it. That tripped him well out, and his friend just fucking dissapeared for an hour or so (maybe 2 minutes lol). I sat by myself on the beach just probably gurning like a fucking orc, just feeling my soul punching holes into the night sky.

Then it gets well crazy. Further down the beach there was a couple from Liverpool both of them were in Thailand for heroin, in the weeks before I'd bumped into them in town and had a few beers with 'em. You know whatever, just that's what happened. Both of 'em were just on the wrong vibe, but over a beer I could deal with them. She had this mad birth mark on one whole side of her face. Proper fucking trippy, a skag head scouser with a zombie birth mark.

So me and the two other English lads are tripping our nuts off in the semi middle of nowhere. Who fucking appears? Out of the gloom. So she sits opposite me, I look at her and then something very, very fucking wrong happens in my soul. I end up crawling back to my beachside hut, shutting the door and riding out hell. For hours demons are coming out of the walls and biting and ripping me apart, I remember trying to shut my eyes hopefully to blank out the visuals but when I close my eyes it's even worse. Proper devils just trying to eat me alive ripping at soul. I was very deep in insanity, well over the edge, and went on and on and on. There was one thing that made me kept me sane and to survive. I kept on telling myself (probably out loud) that it was the effects of a drug and that drug sooner or later begin to subside and wear off. So I thankfully rode it out. But you know it was the real deal, proper mental.

A few days later (perhaps insane decision but hey-ho) I took more more mushrooms, but was half the dose and taken at sunrise not sunset, and that was to be one of the greatest days of my life. An experience just beyond words. I'd like to experience that again (you know the force field connecting you all and your friends and the nature around you). Anyway there you go.

Where and how did you get the 10% figure? Even the DEA disagrees with you on that and they are WAAAAY behind the times.

Most online black-market sales of LSD come from the same sources as any LSD one would buy in real life... hate to break it to you, but grams costing $18k+ on the net indicate that they are not producing their own supplies as that is a decent bit higher than wholesale direct from distribution. There was a fad years ago with dudes I knew of doing ethanol washes on laying old pans and vials and evaporating the solvent off to make pretty purple crystals of unknown purity and then laying them to blotter... But that isn't very common as you'd have to have broken down or laid a gram to get the left-over needed to even make recrystallization worth it.

I will say from experience that no LSD sold by a major distributor in the USA would be below 70% pure unless they did absolutely no column work after coupling their amine to lysergic acid or the product was not stored correctly. In fact, most modern synthesis routes of LSD produce very pure and mostly stereospecific end product without column work thanks to some lush advances in organic chemistry since the days of Hoffman using fucking hydrazine back in the day. It takes tens of thousands of dollars to have the equipment and precursors to even perform the synthesis, not to mention a competent chemist to perform the work... so putting out a 10% pure product would have wholesale distributors pissed as they'd be laying 10% active product and 90% lysergic byproduct with little to no effects until larger doses are taken, then the effects manifest in the form of bad body kinks and purging before peaking.

I think you misunderstood what I meant, which is mostly my fault.

I wasn't making a claim about the "purity of LSD coming from a major LSD distributor". I was making an estimate of how frequent it is that something sold as LSD to an end-user does not contain another psychedelic drug (NBOMe, say). (So I don't distinguish between 50%, 75%, etc. purity as long as what it was cut with is not some other drug like NBOMe.)

My guess is that this frequency is ~10% (I'm not really distinguishing between 10% and 20%, they're too close, but I'm distinguishing between ~1% and ~10%, and between ~10% and ~50%).

The guess is based off of reading lots of internet forums in the past, so it's not a very confident one.

Edited by Joseph

Anyone messed around with the 4-sub tryptamines outside of the phosphorylated fun-guy one and its naturally occurring friends? Some of those are the shit for a more 'recreational' psychedelic.

I recently found a box in storage containing some research chemical gems from back around 2007, I don't think I've even tried a few in there. They all seem to be intact and viable and were stored sealed with desiccant at a steady temperature. Yay internet.

Anyone messed around with the 4-sub tryptamines outside of the phosphorylated fun-guy one and its naturally occurring friends? Some of those are the shit for a more 'recreational' psychedelic.

I recently found a box in storage containing some research chemical gems from back around 2007, I don't think I've even tried a few in there. They all seem to be intact and viable and were stored sealed with desiccant at a steady temperature. Yay internet.

Yeah, I've had 4 MEO MIPT and DIPT, if that's what you're referring to? (4 sub tryptamines? I'm not down with the chemist lingo brah sorry lol.... I imagine you're referring to the mipt/dipt (and some others I don't know about???)).

They're honestly about the exact same as mushrooms from what I recall, bit of a stronger chem feel, extra bruxism + other body load etc. It was similar enough that I never bought them because I have such great access to mushrooms =/

Edited by StephenG