IGNORED

How to Destroy Angels - An Omen EP

Rubin Farr

• 1 month later...

don't like it, again more pretentious self indulgence, more money than sense. sure hey why do they even need

to try, they dont need to impress anymore, money is made, sure it makes sense as to why its exactly that - pretentious.

sadly it happens to most of them in the end, the hunger dies. theres absolutely no need for tonnes of gear to make

something like this. sure sign of a twat this reznor. don't be fooled.

his wife is hot though, must be sad to have a wife thats only in it for the money/fame eh trent.

Guest Lucy Faringold

his wife is hot though, must be sad to have a wife thats only in it for the money/fame eh trent.

do you realise what a bitter loser you sound like?

don't like it, again more pretentious self indulgence, more money than sense. sure hey why do they even need

to try, they dont need to impress anymore, money is made, sure it makes sense as to why its exactly that - pretentious.

sadly it happens to most of them in the end, the hunger dies. theres absolutely no need for tonnes of gear to make

:cerious:

Guest Lucy Faringold

The only way this thread can be saved is if we all band together to form a tribute group called Twat This Reznor.

Bagsy drums.

Guest RadarJammer

:cerious:

I kinda feel the same way. The way he keeps rehashing the same riffs and emotional themes makes me think of someone in a mental hospital rocking back and forth and repeating some inane sentence over and over. He's still writing lyrics at the grounded teenager level which doesn't help any.

...but yet he still keeps selling records, making money, and enjoying his life.

I guess you missed the part of his life where he was going through hell with drug addiction?

but you're kinda right - for the past few years, his life has turned around and he is very noticeably happier....at the detriment to his musical output.

i miss the miserable Reznor musical output. got a glimpse of it with that Tetsuo The Bullet Man credits track, but that's it.

slightly off topic

one of the better recent remixes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t66BUUUtc4

I keep thinking this is somehow about Coil, but it's not.

Necked again.

lol you mean besides Trent using a Coil album title as his side project name? yeah me too. I'll always wonder why Trent never released the Coil Backwards album on Nothing records but then found it within himself to release albums by Prick and Marilyn Manson that were both far less interesting in comparison. Although Trent name dropping Aphex in an interview was how i got into IDM and ambient music in the first place.

i miss the miserable Reznor musical output. got a glimpse of it with that Tetsuo The Bullet Man credits track, but that's it.

I dug the lighter/upbeat sounding tracks on Ghosts & The Social Network Soundtrack because they felt like a successful change of pace, & thought With Teeth/Year Zero were solid pop albums, but yeah, there is a special sort of drug & depression fuelled obsessiveness to his 90s production methods which will probably not be returning any time soon.

So I'm hoping for more NIN banjo & xylophone music

I keep thinking this is somehow about Coil, but it's not.

Necked again.

lol you mean besides Trent using a Coil album title as his side project name? yeah me too. I'll always wonder why Trent never released the Coil Backwards album on Nothing records but then found it within himself to release albums by Prick and Marilyn Manson that were both far less interesting in comparison. Although Trent name dropping Aphex in an interview was how i got into IDM and ambient music in the first place.

I thought Coil not releasing backwards was more to do with them than Trent? Sure I read somewhere that they got pissed off with the interscope lawyers or something. Prob will never know the full story though.

Archived