IGNORED

2012 presidential debates

jules

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abusivegeorge

its really super depressing that there was little to no talk whatsoever about our continuing Bush era preemptive warfare, rendition, torture, secret and offshore gulags. Is the 2nd debate supposed to cover that?

Off-topic, but I watched a program yesterday about the US Embassy here in London, they've been holding prisoners INSIDE the Embassy for years, 2 of them in excess of 20 years without trial and subjected them to torture. I'm guessing they still haven't found what they want from them, probably because because they don't know anything, I'm sure 20 years of torture would have done them in by now. Either that or the Embassy won't let them go for fear of the publicity backlash.

This is all illegal of course.

I watched a program yesterday about the US Embassy here in London, they've been holding prisoners INSIDE the Embassy for years, 2 of them in excess of 20 years without trial and subjected them to torture.

link/name program?

the worst thing about the debates is that i'm the only person i know who didn't watch them. can't believe you supposedly intelligent people still pay even the smallest amount of attention (respect) to this raging tornado of bullshit.

Don't worry. I was in my room farting around WATMM eating bread. There's no television in my room and fuck tuning in online.

For the next debate Obama should get on that podium and read some facts about mormonism and their ridiculous beliefs and make Mitt Romney explain Planet Kolob to the world.

For the next debate Obama should get on that podium and read some facts about mormonism and their ridiculous beliefs and make Mitt Romney explain Planet Kolob to the world.

LOL

Guest abusivegeorge

I watched a program yesterday about the US Embassy here in London, they've been holding prisoners INSIDE the Embassy for years, 2 of them in excess of 20 years without trial and subjected them to torture.

link/name program?

No idea dude, watched it on 4od round my friends on the xbox. Have a google, I'll look myself actually as I missed the beginning so wouldn't mind watching it again.

i think between this and the recent embassy attacks, Obama has been setup or is setting himself up to be Carterized, holy shit that was unexpected

its really super depressing that there was little to no talk whatsoever about our continuing Bush era preemptive warfare, rendition, torture, secret and offshore gulags. Is the 2nd debate supposed to cover that? I almost don't see how it could be done given that Romney is trying to do something virtually impossible, position himself to the right of Obama on foreign policy.

This debate was about domestic policy. The foreign policy debate will be the last one on Oct. 22. The vice-presidential debate on Oct. 11 will cover both domestic and foreign policy and then there's the town meeting-type debate on Oct. 16 which probably will cover some foreign policy questions.

Dum-dum-dum-dum-dumb!

Planet Kolob is pretty fucking cool - it's like the Drexciya of Mormonism or some shit.

Also, that foreign policy debate will be about the middle east for 10 minutes, then back to jobs and the economy.

I listened to the debate on the radio as I worked so without the benefit of seeing body language, it just sounded like extended campaign statements that I already knew. The moderator was shite but I understood that these debates were going to have much fewer questions but more time to hash it out. What if Obama really isn't that hot on a re-election? If I were POTUS at this point in America's history, I'd totally be:

Yao-ming-meme.jpg

by now. You can find a few examples of presidents deciding not to run for a second term but it's uncommon. Obama could be putting the equivalent of a 2 weeks notice in.

seriously wow. that is a great thought and something i pondered last night as well. i was more focused on baseball that the elections last night. i have priorities, but what i did see made me think that obama didnt really give a rats ass. he seems to think what he is doing is right. i do agree with him though that romney needs to say how he is going to do things. i thought it was hilarious when obama said, is the reason romney is keeping all his plans secret because they are so good? is what e is going to do going to benefit the middle class so much that they couldn't even handle hearing about it? that was a lol.

i think obama feels like romney is not even in the same sport, let alone same ballpark. it was almost as if he was treating it as a joke.

obama seemed like he was somewhere else.. i dont understand why we need to hire a business man. CEOs have absolute control of a company like a dictator which is not how the government is run. So we hire a business man for potus and a war breaks out and he's a war time president.

Yeah, I don't understand why some think having a businessman running a country would somehow be better. A country is nothing like a business and running it like one I am sure wont end well.

^

cuts off his closing statement: "They have an impeccable business model. I would rather work for Chuck E. Cheese"

the worst thing about the debates is that i'm the only person i know who didn't watch them. can't believe you supposedly intelligent people still pay even the smallest amount of attention (respect) to this raging tornado of bullshit.

i did not / would not watch either. i have no reason to

There is not story.

Nothing really seemed to change about the market or the economy, everyone involved made out like bandits so there's no reason for them to stop doing what they're doing, so the cycle will repeat and we'll have another recession (if we ever get out of the current one). Somehow people believe that the government deregulating all of this will help the economy magically grow.

Foreign policy will continue as-is along with the military's operations.

i promise all here that there is more value in just 1 single fart than in the absolute totality of time spent thinking, discussing, and watching political events, candidates, philosophies, tv things for the past 4 months

u know vamos we didn't always get along you and me, but like the way you're thinking.

There is not story.

Nothing really seemed to change about the market or the economy, everyone involved made out like bandits so there's no reason for them to stop doing what they're doing, so the cycle will repeat and we'll have another recession (if we ever get out of the current one). Somehow people believe that the government deregulating all of this will help the economy magically grow.

Foreign policy will continue as-is along with the military's operations.

this

That's honestly the main reason I didn't watch the debates. It's all hot air and bullshit rhetoric. I'm curious about the foreign policy one only if it brings up Afghanistan - I'd like to hear a definitive difference between them on that issue, especially if Romney wants to keep troops there beyond 2014. Obama and Romney, despite claims by the right-wingers, are not that different regarding Iran-Israel. The GOP is in a dilemma on foreign policy - a lot of their voters are actually tired of the war overseas but as a party they can't admit that - so instead they're slamming Obama without any actual credible critiques or alternative ideas regarding foreign policy.

As for the economy "debate" the same people buying into the deregulation bullshit are the same ones who have tea party populist sentiment against big banks, bail outs, and wall street. Yet at the same time they think they have nothing in common with entities like unions or the occupy movement. There's a shared anger that could probably, in theory, be translated into a basic compromise-oriented solution in regards to policy towards ending corporate loopholes and reforming tax codes. It's obvious both parties have succeeded in making such a movement absolutely impossible, though Republicans have completely trumped the Democrat by absolutely peddling lies and misinformation for support.

In many states the GOP has absolutely obliterated budgets for social programs, basic health and human services spending, and education (typically the biggest percentage of the budget) and at the same time pass laws subsidizing businesses and passing bills drafted lobbyists and corporate entities. This country has huge potential to employ people and help local economies by improving roads, bridges, public spaces, revamping vast sections of our utility systems through government projects yet anything remotely connected to public employment has been demonized. And in utter contradiction and doublespeak, the entire Romney campaign is based off the idea that he'll promote job growth - utterly opposite of capitalism and free market ideals they claim to encapsulate - if they were honest they'd flat out say "fend for yourself, I don't own you a fucking thing." And if it comes to people like inner-city teachers or immigrant workers - they basically do. They're very selective in that attitude - they let talk radio assholes say it all the time, but even they exempt the military and old people on social security and medicare - those federal programs and entities are treated as golden calfs despite the fact that they make up the majority of debt-inducing government spending. I'm holding out that the duping will wear off - at some point the corrupt and uncaring tea party politicians getting elected over decent incumbents will be called out for being terrible legislators. The faux-limited government and "pro-freedom" bullshit has to implode - fingers crossed it's soon.

Also, I don't think I'm crazy for thinking the media will play up Romney's "success" last night simply to get the polls closer. It makes for good television after all - no one wants to watch a football game after the 3rd quarter if it's clearly a blowout, the same applies to election hype.

In other words, this is why I'm glad I saw Menomena and PVT live last night instead of being tempted to flip on the debate.

throughout the world we are all so puffed up, so sure that we have all the answers or will have them forthwith, by utilizing the same flawed systems and processes that have limply lead us through this walking-wounded way of life over and over again. we are so stupid and instead of taking initiative in truth and in goodwill, to change in ourselves, to change each other, with each other, we instead wait for some other group of dodos more motivated then we are, to clean up our mess (as though they have a better idea of what to do), in hopes that we can continue making mess with good conscience; a cleaner, more efficient, more acceptable mess. we remain sickened with the same diseases that we have poisoned ourselves with, that we poison each other with and we puke it everywhere, all over each other, and so it goes, round and round. we are so stupid, the answers have been so obvious all along, yet we are seduced by falseness, seduced by subtle, seemingly-pleasurable-darkness, into degrees of semi-acceptable sickness in our everyday lives. we are the walking dead

fucking hell..i'd vote for whatever president that bans troon from watmm, it's soo long overdue.

my anus is wide-angle micro-lens. smile, we are watching u

Dum-dum-dum-dum-dumb!

brilliant

Yeah, I don't understand why some think having a businessman running a country would somehow be better. A country is nothing like a business and running it like one I am sure wont end well.

Lol, america has always been managed like a huge business

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

As soon as they start talking about some teacher or electrician they met in idaho the moderator just cut them off.

The only interesting part was when romney mentioned obamas campaign finance coming from green energy people who he in turn gives tax breaks to. interesting in that it brings up campaign financing but then they moved on because neither of them really wants to have that discussion.

Archived