IGNORED

Your Favorite Drummer(s)

LimpyLoo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kokeboka

Danny Carey (Tool), Abe Cunningham (Deftones), Topper Headon (The Clash), Glenn Kotche (Wilco), Stewart Copeland (The Police), anyone who played with James Brown in the '60s... I also quite like Roxy Music's rhythm section and drum tracks in general (Paul Thomson was their drummer during their better years). And yeah, on the math rock front, John Stanier from Battles and Damon Che from Don Caballero.

I feel tempted to mention Dave Grohl because of what he did with Nirvana and on that QOTSA album, but he's taken a big drop over the years in my consideration as a serious musician.

Guest Wall Bird

Dave King of The Bad Plus

[youtubehd]ULP3TcLaoaE[/youtubehd]

He has to be experienced live. His presence and sensitivity as a musician is something I rarely experience in other musicians.

I was going to say John Stanier too haha. I actually love battles, although I would agree they are a strange act to have on warp. Fucking epic live. :) The drummers in Mice Parade are great too, but the lead guy is a big fat cockhead.

I'd say Magma's Christian Vander. Stunning drummer/performer. Kind of like a mix between a jazz and rock drummer, he can play insanely complex rhythms effortlessly with a mad "in your face" energy.

I'd say Magma's Christian Vander. Stunning drummer/performer. Kind of like a mix between a jazz and rock drummer, he can play insanely complex rhythms effortlessly with a mad "in your face" energy.

good call, that dude is amazing