IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Picture

Joyrex

I was so tempted to get a 7 (or 8, hah) string guitar about 6 months ago when my band was doing industrial stuff, but then we kinda evolved into minimal techno/jazz fusion so it made less sense. That said, I saw some 9-string guitars in Tokyo and thought they just looked too ridiculous to not consider. Heading back there in september so there's a chance I could be tempted again.. The low strings were so floppy though!

stepheng: what kinda music do you listen to outside of idm/watmmcore? not tryna be judgemental or anything, just curious how someone clearly passionate about music has gone this long without hearing about one of the most famous musicians of the last hundred years

Outside of regular watmm?

umm... just getting into some Brian Eno.. I listen to YMO, some Slayer, old Fear factory before they got wanky..... err... lots of Jazz? Melodic rock like steve vai/joe satriani.... some malmsteen... Old hip hop (the cliche stuff like biggie/pac). That kind of stuff.

Other than that for electronic music mostly old jungle and house music.

Edit: but I grew up listening to electronic and never really strayed outside of that until the last few years.

StephenG please refrain from making any futher comments on anything music related ever.

yeah, cause I don't listen to some guy with crazy hair named bob dylan.

gimme a break. A person can't listen to everyone and I have literally never been interested in anything pop culture ever so it's not unreasonable to not know who bob dylan is.

I know YOUR music better than bob dylan.

Edited by StephenG

Stephen likes to do a "huh?? what is this, i've never heard/seen this" joke at just about anything someone links, to commence trolling

It's not trolling.

I just didn't know who bob dylan is, jesus. Why is that so hard to believe lol

edit: sorry I don't know what every fucking artist looks like outside of the genres I listen to. I should study more about what artists outside of my preferred music look like. Definitely a good way to spend my time. :cerious:

Edited by StephenG

steve if you are serious about the bob dylan thing than wow! that's a lot of years you went without him appearing on your radar.

otherwise, masterful trolling. the steve g paradox

I mean, I've heard the name before, I'm not oblivious to his name! I've seen the name pop up before or whatever. Just haven't heard his music and definitely didn't know his face until this thread haha.

I'm sure there are thousands of people my age that couldn't spot Bob Dylan.

Edited by StephenG

heh, when you say "Fear Factory before they got wanky" do you mean Digimortal and the next few albums? They actually returned to form with Mechanize imo. Dino even played a guitar solo in one track!

I had a friend who was mad into FF and introduced me to Obsolete. that was one of the first concept albums I ever listened to. I liked that Edge Crusher track a lot, mainly because the metal vox were more raw and aggressive than I'd heard before. grew out of it though.

Edited by usagi

heh, when you say "Fear Factory before they got wanky" do you mean Digimortal and the next few albums? They actually returned to form with Mechanize imo. Dino even played a guitar solo in one track!

I only listened up to digimortal, obsolete being my favorite album of theirs. I'll give mechanize a listen tonight!

How do you do the NSFW drop tab?

guuurl :catrecline:

[ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ]

protip: click "quote" on a post, then in the reply box click the li'l switch on the top left corner, should reveal the codes the post has used. Also easier to make replies/quote posts that way imo

Edited by triachus

How do you do the NSFW drop tab?

guuurl :catrecline:

[ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ]

protip: click "quote" on a post, then in the reply box click the li'l switch on the top left corner, should reveal the codes the post has used. Also easier to make replies/quote posts that way imo

the switch in the upper left corner!!! *grasps for air* after years of watmm....i ... i didn't knooooowwwwwwwwww. aaargh.

dude thkx a bunch!

It's what I've always used here - Can't be doing with all that new fangled BBCode 'let me guess what tag you're going for' nonsense. If I want I tag, I'll jolly well type the tag in !

(though I'm an old fart, brought up on creating raw html files using notepad)

It's what I've always used here - Can't be doing with all that new fangled BBCode 'let me guess what tag you're going for' nonsense. If I want I tag, I'll jolly well type the tag in !

(though I'm an old fart, brought up on creating raw html files using notepad)

i do it because the BBCode thing can really fuck up quoting, its maddening