IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Artwork

Joyrex

A logo animation / motion graphic I did (assignment that was open to the student's imagination representing the school's logo in three dimensions).

On Grischa Lichtenberger's magnificent beatwork.

Inspired by videos such as Gantz Graf and the likes. Being my first-time-ever 3D motion graphic there's obviously still some timings and stuff I'm not too happy about, but overall I'm pretty satisfied myself hah. Let me know what you think, your ideas are very welcome watmm! :)

Edited by vincentvc

View on Vimeo.

A logo animation / motion graphic I did (assignment that was open to the student's imagination representing the school's logo in three dimensions).

On Grischa Lichtenberger's magnificent beatwork.

Inspired by videos such as Gantz Graf and the likes. Being my first-time-ever 3D motion graphic there's obviously still some timings and stuff I'm not too happy about, but overall I'm pretty satisfied myself hah. Let me know what you think, your ideas are very welcome watmm! :)

Really good done. A 10 second animation would also have worked. But again great for what is. What software have you used? Edited by Zantman

Really good done. A 10 second animation would also have worked. But again great for what is. What software have you used?

Yeah I hear you, but I definitely wanted it to be somewhat of a video clip / video art kinda thing. I think my teachers made a similar remark that it could work in small snippets as well..

For the 3D itself I used Maxon Cinema4D; really simple materials, light-setup, no native motion blur rendering and all transparently rendered so I'd still have control over the background. I used Adobe After Effects for all the editing, time-remapping keyframes for all the fast cuts to time it on the audio, color correction and some effects. I used a motion blur faking plugin on the 3D footage, you get a bit of artifacts on particular frames but barely noticeable when its going - it takes considerably longer to render but worth it if you don't want to waste time rendering natively from your 3D software (which can take insanely long even with the simplest footage).

Anyways thanks a bunch for the response guys! Although I'm studying graphic design (which is obviously more about still images/print/etc) this is definitely something I'm interested in doing in the future..

Btw, can anyone tell me what the correct video bitrate is for HD 1080p? I went totally overboard with my original video, it's 600MB lol. But I'm really not happy what vimeo did to it either, they compressed it to shit and made it into a 720p 24MB file.