IGNORED

BOC Maxima CDr Artwork

Joyrex

What's interesting is the back cover artwork - it lists "Music Has The Right To Children", which didn't come out until 1998 on WARP/Skam...

1 minute ago, oscillik said:

Ahem, akshually those are photos, not scans @Joyrex

But yeah, quite interesting…smells like a fake!

How do you know they aren't scans of photos that were printed out? :dadjoke:

But yeah... I can tell you the CDr I have does NOT say that on the back... that's all I'll say

• Like 1

font on the back differs from the front. the back font is same as mhrtc as well, right? i'd argue the mhtrtc reference on the back plus the font implies it's not original. it was designed after mhrtc. prolly by a fan taking cues from the mhtrtc artwork. nicely done as well, i'd say.

would love if they did an official release btw. (stating the obvious...)

5 minutes ago, goDel said:

font on the back differs from the front. the back font is same as mhrtc as well, right? i'd argue the mhtrtc reference on the back plus the font implies it's not original. it was designed after mhrtc. prolly by a fan taking cues from the mhtrtc artwork. nicely done as well, i'd say.

would love if they did an official release btw. (stating the obvious...)

No, fonts are the same (Eurostyle); and I can't recall ever seeing that back cover photo previously (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist online somewhere).

Maybe @mdg could clear things up?

The thing is, BOC Maxima (as I understand it) was put together and sent out to record labels, which lead to them being signed to Skam/WARP...

• Like 1

you're prob right on the fonts. got the impression the fonts on the back looked wider/less high than those on the front. probably the same type, but looks differently spaced. (i'm no designer by any means, so i dont speak the proper lingo). but this is more your specialty. :)

:boc:

Actually don't recall ever hearing this as a compilation.  Sure, bits of it in other places... so its a "best of" compilation of early stuff as a promo?

Edited by Soloman Tump

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

No, fonts are the same (Eurostyle); and I can't recall ever seeing that back cover photo previously (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist online somewhere).

Maybe @mdg could clear things up?

The thing is, BOC Maxima (as I understand it) was put together and sent out to record labels, which lead to them being signed to Skam/WARP...

I'm p sure the last visited tab for mdg was restricted before the update.... anyway I guess based on that we won't b hearing from em anytime soon...

20 minutes ago, goDel said:

interesting to compare with the tape (source: discogs page)

R-15290-1379067827-7664.jpeg.jpg

In thinking about this more, maybe the CDr above isn't faked - I recall that the cassette version was what came out first, and then afterwards the CDr version. And, in thinking back, the old Cosmic Crofter's EHX BOC fansite initially had the cassette version listed, then the CDr - and that was in 1998, well after MHTRTC came out.

I might have to go dig up my CDr - I honestly don't recall clearly what the back had now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, goDel said:

we should do a kickstarter again. this time maxima release based on crowdfund. 

i can dream ?

boc, pls

dream bigger imo.. crowdfund a release of a larger chunk of their back catalogue...

hearing the old material in good quality would be nice. BOC Maxima is nice. it's pretty much a proto-MHTRTC as far as i can tell, that was later revised. 

where's that damn BOC set already. 

12 hours ago, bitchroast said:

didn't know that @Joyrex had a copy of the CD. us mere mortals still only have the radio broadcast (i think?). 

Yeah, got it ages ago from a former Rephlex bod... 

14 hours ago, bitchroast said:

didn't know that @Joyrex had a copy of the CD. us mere mortals still only have the radio broadcast (i think?). 

There is lossless of it out there that sounds good. I remember the backstory was complicated (supposed tape rip burned to cd then ripped from the disc again or something), the full lineage is probably still somewhere in the what.cd metadata that are floating around. Regardless of its authenticity I know it sounds better than the old Soulseek MP3 tape rip I had before.

Yeah I got mine from what.cd (think it was still called oink's pink palace) - pretty sure it was a tape rip ... unless I've completely mis-remembered and actually got the Soulseek version you mentioned

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, maximadestiny said:

Has the picture on the back-cover been found yet? Or is anything about it known?

someone better get this man an answer he made an entire account just to ask it

• 4 weeks later...