IGNORED

Squarepusher live EP

jhonny

2nd disc of do you know is a joke. there's barely any change. the worst is his constant 'gimme some fucking NOOIZEE' yells. he sounds SO fucking drunk.

i mean he sounds like he just drank an entire bottle of gin or vodka or whatever, and why not if all he's going to be doing later is hitting a 'play' button. if it were me i'd get so fucking fucked up. if it were me who had to stand there pretending to be doing feats of great skill while really doing almost absolutely nothing, for over an hour, in front of hundreds of kids who are just standing there gawking at me while they nod their heads and slightly gyrate their torsos a bit. i'd HAVE to be trashed to deal with that.

the new live EP at least sounds like some kind of performance, even if it isn't a very focused one with much of a point.

Guest cult fiction

2nd disc of do you know is a joke. there's barely any change. the worst is his constant 'gimme some fucking NOOIZEE' yells. he sounds SO fucking drunk.

i mean he sounds like he just drank an entire bottle of gin or vodka or whatever, and why not if all he's going to be doing later is hitting a 'play' button. if it were me i'd get so fucking fucked up. if it were me who had to stand there pretending to be doing feats of great skill while really doing almost absolutely nothing, for over an hour, in front of hundreds of kids who are just standing there gawking at me while they nod their heads and slightly gyrate their torsos a bit. i'd HAVE to be trashed to deal with that.

the new live EP at least sounds like some kind of performance, even if it isn't a very focused one with much of a point.

Hi Tom.

yo dog.

i guess my username is a bit (not 100% unintentionally, perhaps) evocative to ideas such as that i might not be a random internet nobody. but allow me to kill the mystique for you...

i'm just a random internet nobody- who thinks having hundreds of goofball ass kids staring at me for 2 hrs would be misery, unless i was absolutely drunk. if drunkened to just the right state (not TOO drunk), it might actually be fun and awesome to just fuck with the staring kids by shouting stupid shit at them. the real difference between me and SP is that i wouldn't put that on a CD. also i've linked to my 'music' in one of the forums here and it's pretty good evidence that i'm no tom jekinson. ;)

Guest cult fiction

i'm just a random internet nobody who happens to be tom jenkinson, lead singer of squarepusher- who thinks having hundreds of goofball ass kids staring at me for 2 hrs would be misery, unless i was absolutely drunk.

Start of a show, directly after a few drinks:

8MBjt.jpg

One hour later:

BR0jH.jpg

The morning after:

05.jpg

I've finally picked up a copy of this EP. It's an interesting addendum to the album but it's got the really odd EQ that Ufabulum had, and by weird I mean that it's got exactly the same horrendous treble heavy mess that means the snares and hi-hats completely dominate the mix and the dynamics are just that bit too limited. Kevin Metcalfe - I think you need some new reference monitors.

Well according to discogs anyway (so take it with a grain of salt), such a large difference in mastering tonality between this and his last albums doesn't surprise me that it was done by someone else though.

Guest quantumyumyum

I think it's a shame how Ufabulum sounds. I love it, but it sounds fucking dangerous to my tinnitus ridden ears. I tend to save it as a rare treat. I'm surprised it was mastered by someone. That said, I thought the version of 'Hello Everything' I downloaded all those years back (illegally, cos I have no patience. I later bought it of course - I love you Tom x, take all my money, I even have the T-shirt) was like a 'fuck you' to all that loudness war shit? And about wanting complete control over the tracks and consequentially not making use of a mastering chap? I dunno, basically I have no clue. I thought I did once, but I don't.

Anyway, I'm always looking forward to what ever he comes up with next. 'Solo electric bass 2' perhaps?

Well according to discogs anyway (so take it with a grain of salt), such a large difference in mastering tonality between this and his last albums doesn't surprise me that it was done by someone else though.

Wouldn't Tom have to approve the final master...? I'm just wondering how this somehow slipped by as the final cut lol

I cannot listen to the last 2 SP releases at most volumes as it makes my ears hurt. Bummer, but, I ran the Ufabulum album thru an EQ and it sounded better when you cut some of the high ranges. Dark steering could be amazing if it twas 2 minutes shorter and they took out/lowered that awful crotch rocket sound.

Wouldn't Tom have to approve the final master...? I'm just wondering how this somehow slipped by as the final cut lol

Toms ears are probably a little whack now. I dunno, either that or he phoned it in.

Archived