IGNORED

Vaporwave

Nebraska

Some IRL Vaporware story : yesterday night while entering a subway station I heard the song from which the "Nobody Here" track was sampled coming from broken speakers. I was alone in the station and that was pretty much vaporwary.

Also : I stumbled upon the "Business Casual" label which has some pretty good stuff on it and their third collective comp just came out :music:http://businesscasual87.bandcamp.com/album/digital-office-three

Hey Y'all - new update from Mr. Donovan Hikaru / DH Enterprises:

A new release in the works.. in it's early phases, but in the process nonetheless.. this album will revisit of his original corporate travel jazz sound, but will go to new corporate heights... an adventure on it's own!

Donovan wanted me to share with everyone a lil snippet of a new demo from the release in the works, "Rainbow Over San Tablos".

All Original Composition as always.

Lay back, grab a spritzer, and let this 3rd (demo) track of the San Tablos series wash over you...

[sc5]189665627[/sc5]

FreegateIsland_PoolView.jpg

Edited by Lane Visitor

An actual vaporwave event planned at a shopping mall in Scranton, PA. Artist lineup includes Saint Pepsi, Blank Banshee, Vektroid (Mac Plus/ PrismCorp, etc), Donovan Hikaru (im more than honored/humbled), Eyeliner, NMesh, and many others!

dude congrats, yer basically playing a show with vaporwave elvis

it had to be cancelled to be legit

That Donovan track sounds lovely, reminds me of all the happy/creepy music in Zelda : Majora's Mask (probably because of that guitar sound...).
Waiting for the entire release :music:

An actual vaporwave event planned at a shopping mall in Scranton, PA. Artist lineup includes Saint Pepsi, Blank Banshee, Vektroid (Mac Plus/ PrismCorp, etc), Donovan Hikaru (im more than honored/humbled), Eyeliner, NMesh, and many others!

dude congrats, yer basically playing a show with vaporwave elvis

it had to be cancelled to be legit

Haha, yes a true vapor-event!

That Donovan track sounds lovely, reminds me of all the happy/creepy music in Zelda : Majora's Mask (probably because of that guitar sound...).

Waiting for the entire release :music:

Thanks man! Donovan's glad you dig & honored! will definitely keep this thread posted on the release updates etc. :beer:

glad to share this new donovan update as a Watmm / DH Enterprise / GenSol / Red Rose Inc. exclusive. you heard it 1st.

Edited by Lane Visitor

How do people even make music like that? Is it lots of randomization & freestyle knob twiddling, or are they carefully plotting this stuff out?

I used to have a logic plugin that would randomly reverse, stutter, and loop things chaotically. Max-Msp patches can do that sort of thing, I think this stuff has a lot of DSP being applied to samples

real talk tho sometimes i feel stuff like this is the purest kind of imagination music - just a big tapestry of interesting sounds, not held back by any sort of structural formality.

I used to have a logic plugin that would randomly reverse, stutter, and loop things chaotically. Max-Msp patches can do that sort of thing, I think this stuff has a lot of DSP being applied to samples

ahh i see, thx. kinda got that vibe

i think if i was going to take a crack at music like this i'd be doing it mostly all with a regular sampler, because i like to make patterns & have unexpected things emerge from the patterns when they are layered in certain ways

(although doing random stuff & having patterns emerge from that is also cool)

Edited by Cryptowen

real talk tho sometimes i feel stuff like this is the purest kind of imagination music - just a big tapestry of interesting sounds, not held back by any sort of structural formality.

ahh i see, thx. kinda got that vibe

i think if i was going to take a crack at music like this i'd be doing it mostly all with a regular sampler, because i like to make patterns & have unexpected things emerge from the patterns when they are layered in certain ways

(although doing random stuff & having patterns emerge from that is also cool)

just looked at his facebook page and he explains:

experimenting with process/signal flow

sending stems through multiple apps..

I used an app called "sector" that uses randomized loop algorithms to cut up your sample then sent it through another app called cs grain to morph the sound even more using granular synthesis.. here is the result! Lemme know what you guys think!

https://soundcloud.com/hyybrid/tuk

https://www.facebook.com/sentinelsounds76

ooh snap gonna have to try those apps

applying random effects to yer loops in audacity is a good way to get interesting new sounds too. but it's easy to get carried away & turn the whole track into BIG ECHOY WALL OF FACTORY NOISE #831

WHAT THE #$%#$%^ IS DSP???? I keep reading about dsp, and have been trying to research it, but I can't find any matches that explain.. ive seen the acronym in so many contexts, im having trouble grasping it.. i've heard it talked about in regards to very detailed high definition (HD) sounding-audio, spectral processing, granular synthesis, audio warping and morphing, etc... so is it a process, a technology, an algorithm/programming style, a type of sound, a concept, wtf is it?!? lol