IGNORED

Million Dollar Extreme's Youtube account got pulled down

gmanyo

I feel really bad for sam. Listening to that podcast and neither of them come off particularly well. Tim sounds like he might be fibbing a bit, though i doubt he was "instrumental" in getting the show cancelled or whatever people on that subreddit are saying. I dont think this serious side is a good look for him.

Sam seems...desperate. He seems a little naive about how people in los angeles would perceive him and his fans. Yes, advertisers exist and determine a lot of what gets aired. But i think some professionalism on twitter would have helped him. Not engaging in trollish behavior probably would make the difference between adult swim having leverage to defend their property vs the position they were put in, where staff and some of the cash cows for the network want nothing to do with mde.

But theres something in this confrontation that really bums me out. I think a lot of people go to the entertainment industry looking for validation they maybe didnt get from their parents. But its ultimately an industry, not your parent. You can tell sam probably looks up to tim, at least in terms of inspiring some of the style of mde. T&E were trailblazers, maybe didnt invent their style of humor but they felt like real outsider art influencing mainstream culture. Mde feels like that as well, and i think sam underestimated just how far from "inside" the system he actually is or ever will be.

Bummer all around, hope he doesnt shoot up a school.

It's interesting that *that* laugh now comes across as a defensive "I know I shouldn't say this, you know I shouldn't say this, sorry ... not sorry" flagged 'subversive' action

hollywood reporter interview http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sam-hyde-speaks-meet-man-behind-adult-swims-canceled-alt-right-comedy-show-954487

So you harbor no biases against minorities, is what you’re saying.

No, I wouldn’t say that. I would say that I’m probably as racist or as biased as the average regular white guy or the average regular black guy.

huh...

But you have gone pretty hard after other comedians on Twitter. For example, shortly after Patton Oswalt’s wife died, you tweeted, “He killed her.” What instigated that?

(Laughs.) Making fun of people on Twitter and disagreeing with them is a whole different ballgame from having their livelihood destroyed, wouldn’t you agree?

But he was obviously going through something a terrible time. Why would you say that?

Well, I’ve forgotten what he was doing that would piss me off. But it was pretty suspicious that his wife was a murder-mystery writer and she dies painlessly in her sleep. That’s kind of crazy to me. (Laughs.) If he didn’t kill her it’s a sad thing. I’ll say that. But it’s f—ing suspicious as hell. It’s none of my business, but I think he said something to piss me off so I decided to ask him about that.

:psyduck: how does that even mean anything

if he's serious, i'm beginning to see the leaps of logic his mind makes and that he's probably not being ironic when tweeting about that pizzagate crap

all this in combination with that cringe Heidecker call... Hyde is showing cracks... it's really time for him to stfu already and upload all those backlogged skits they've been witholding over the years, that might bring the (actual) lols and might save their face

hollywood reporter interview http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sam-hyde-speaks-meet-man-behind-adult-swims-canceled-alt-right-comedy-show-954487

No, I wouldn’t say that. I would say that I’m probably as racist or as biased as the average regular white guy or the average regular black guy.

huh...

But you have gone pretty hard after other comedians on Twitter. For example, shortly after Patton Oswalt’s wife died, you tweeted, “He killed her.” What instigated that?

(Laughs.) Making fun of people on Twitter and disagreeing with them is a whole different ballgame from having their livelihood destroyed, wouldn’t you agree?

But he was obviously going through something a terrible time. Why would you say that?

Well, I’ve forgotten what he was doing that would piss me off. But it was pretty suspicious that his wife was a murder-mystery writer and she dies painlessly in her sleep. That’s kind of crazy to me. (Laughs.) If he didn’t kill her it’s a sad thing. I’ll say that. But it’s f—ing suspicious as hell. It’s none of my business, but I think he said something to piss me off so I decided to ask him about that.

if he's serious, i'm beginning to see the leaps of logic his mind makes and that he's probably not being ironic when tweeting about that pizzagate crap

all this in combination with that cringe Heidecker call... Hyde is showing cracks... it's really time for him to stfu already and upload all those backlogged skits they've been witholding over the years, that might bring the (actual) lols and might save their face

Wow, I hadn't seen that interview

He really seems incapable of self-reflection

"Oh, did I harass Patton Oswald about his dead wife? Well, he probably killed her...but if not, I'm sure he did something to piss me off so it was justified"

It's always the people around him that are to blame

"Fuck you Tim and your money-grubbing attention-whore friend...why won't you help get MDE back on Adult Swim?"

I mean fuck, this is how people with Borderline Personality Disorder approach social interactions...

maybe someday he'll have the thought "hmm, maybe I'm doing something wrong" but who knows...

Edited by LimpyLoo

huh...

Wow, I hadn't seen that interview

He really seems incapable of self-reflection

"Oh, did I harass Patton Oswald about his dead wife? Well, he probably killed her...but if not, I'm sure he did something to piss me off so it was justified"

It's always the people around him that are to blame

"Fuck you Tim and your money-grubbing attention-whore friend...why won't you help get MDE back on Adult Swim?"

I mean fuck, this is how people with Borderline Personality Disorder approach social interactions...

maybe someday he'll have the thought "hmm, maybe I'm doing something wrong" but who knows...

big if true

See this is what bothers me. He has a "political opinion", has no idea what the fuck he's talking about but bases his comedy off it anyways. We need more Nick and Charls. Sam needs therapy.

sorry but this is funnier than anything MDE have ever done or will ever do. mde are just bitter, racist blue collar new englanders (who helped elect trump after waiting 8 years without receiving the free obamaphone they were promised)

the above vid achieves comedy while maintaining class

Edited by sheathe

When Heidecker referred to Fall River as "Fall Creek or wherever" I wanted to punch him and show him all the amazing Portuguese food he's turning up his nose at.

Sam put the bar in his own bicycle wheel spokes though.

Yeah, Sam wasn't playing the game intelligently, that's for sure. Sam could probably do an indiegogo or something for production costs or get an investor if he wanted to though. I think he didn't realize how nice it is having a studio being run to produce your shit. I dunno. it's all speculative. He should have told the dregs to back off though.

Guest bitroast

Yeah, Sam wasn't playing the game intelligently, that's for sure. Sam could probably do an indiegogo or something for production costs or get an investor if he wanted to though. I think he didn't realize how nice it is having a studio being run to produce your shit. I dunno. it's all speculative. He should have told the dregs to back off though.

https://www.patreon.com/samhyde

also, agreed @ Sam put the bar in his own bicycle wheel spokes though.

the twitter / off-show behaviour totally plays into why the dude's in the mess he's in now. it's not super surprising. :\ 

Did anyone else get their e-book today? I didn't pay for the e-book or the physical book but I did buy KSTV a few years ago when it came out. Wondering if I got a code in error or if I actually bought the e-book during a late night "I'm addicted to spending money on bullshit" spending spree and dont remember or Sam is just a nice guy and sending the e-book to people who also bought KSTV.

Anyone?

Also, the book is pretty great. Anyone wants the PDF PM me, if I think your a chill dude I'll share it. 

Edited by andihow

brett gelman is really annoying and has completely destroyed any chance of sam being in the wrong. that said, I hold nothing against Tim at all, who twelve or so years ago was in the exact same position sam is in now and while you could say he "played the game" and moved to hollywood etc, he's an extremely talented hardworking guy who has made some excellent influential comedy.

Sam acted really petulantly, an injured puppy when his show was cancelled. why am i typing these smarted people have said the same thing in this thread

Edited by dr lopez

brett gelman is really annoying and has completely destroyed any chance of sam being in the wrong. that said, I hold nothing against Tim at all, who twelve or so years ago was in the exact same position sam is in now and while you could say he "played the game" and moved to hollywood etc, he's an extremely talented hardworking guy who has made some excellent influential comedy.

Sam acted really petulantly, an injured puppy when his show was cancelled. why am i typing these smarted people have said the same thing in this thread

I'm not talking about playing the game in a sense that you are compensating for a lack of all those things you've listed. I'm just saying, in any job or organization you have to play nice if you want to further your career. Once you get some clout and some draw then you can start doing more controversial stuff or shaking things up, but until then you've got to make good decisions. Sam didn't do this. You can't just disassociate with people once something has happened. If people are causing problems and they are associated with you then you have to make statements and disavow publicly. 

And now making fun of Joe Rogan regularly and suggesting that he be invited on the show, which he may be anyhow, because Joe may not know or care about what Sam has mocked him about, is more spineless and desperate behavior from Sam.

Sam reminds me a lot of some shitty friends I've had that are really disloyal when it matters, but expect you to give a fuck about them when they need you.

I'm not talking about playing the game in a sense that you are compensating for a lack of all those things you've listed. I'm just saying, in any job or organization you have to play nice if you want to further your career. Once you get some clout and some draw then you can start doing more controversial stuff or shaking things up, but until then you've got to make good decisions. Sam didn't do this. You can't just disassociate with people once something has happened. If people are causing problems and they are associated with you then you have to make statements and disavow publicly. 

And now making fun of Joe Rogan regularly and suggesting that he be invited on the show, which he may be anyhow, because Joe may not know or care about what Sam has mocked him about, is more spineless and desperate behavior from Sam.

Sam reminds me a lot of some shitty friends I've had that are really disloyal when it matters, but expect you to give a fuck about them when they need you.

This lol, I'm really curious about their payment setup.  How much Sam got in comparison to the others