1. 1. What was your score?

• 0 - 10
    • 11 - 22
    • 23 - 31
    • 32 - 50

Your Aspie score: 154 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 53 of 200
SEEK HELP IMMEDIATELY YOU WEIRDO

and my spectoram is exclusively aspie, lol. i actually did this test some time ago and have it in pdf, so can't post pics.

Your Aspie score: 116 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 104 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

I found the portion with the pictures of eyes to be very difficult and ambiguous.

Edited by Goiter Sanchez

poly12c.php?p1=51&p2=59&p3=29&p4=56&p5=32&p6=61&p7=18&p8=36&p9=8&p10=7&p11=24&p12=8

Your Aspie score: 65 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 125 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical
I think this means I'm dumb but perceptive? Sounds about right. Although maybe the fact that I can't read the diagram means something, lol

Well, I took that 2nd aspie quiz but didn't get the pdf --needed some flash plug-in, got the firefox update, copied the url, but for some reason it didn't get retained when I tried to paste it back in. Now I am very ANGRY, but is it aspie rage or normal rage? Now I'll never know. Anyway, i took a pic just in case something like this happened, but I have no idea what the diagram means. I got 97/200 aspie, 107/200 normy. I'm a little bit of both. And apparently I'm a great hunter for a normal person?? I know that's not true... wish i had that pdf to help make sense of this. That eye recognition bit took me ages to get through, not because I found it baffling but because there are a lot of ways to interpret a person's eyes if there are no other facial cues. That took waaaay longer than it was worth...

regarding the eye thing, that doesn't even show up in the final test results? At least, my pdf doesn't mention it? wtf?

Yeah, it's either used as a primer, or more probable, as an extra test to validate the score of the set of questions.

At the start of your test where you could create an account it said something about the test being updated to better measure the outcome. I suspect some automised algorithm which uses the answers from the questions at the start about wether you have been diagnosed before, possibly in combination with the eyes-test, as a second opinion, so to speak.

I really hated that eye-test as well, btw. Izn real life you could see movement (facial changes), more body language and a context. And I really need all that stuff. I mean, half of those ladies looking directly into the camera were DEFINITLY flirting with me! FFS! ( good thing this test doesn't measure male narcissism ;D)

Children 'may grow out of autism'

"With intensive therapy and support, it's possible for a small sub-group of high functioning individuals with autism to learn coping behaviours and strategies which would 'mask' their underlying condition and change their scoring in the diagnostic tests used to determine their condition in this research.

basically, a lot of the "bad" traits on this test can be overcome with time and exposure to positive social settings.

Guest Aserinsky

"With intensive therapy and support, it's possible for a small sub-group of high functioning individuals with autism to learn coping behaviours and strategies which would 'mask' their underlying condition and change their scoring in the diagnostic tests used to determine their condition in this research.

basically, a lot of the "bad" traits on this test can be overcome with time and exposure to positive social settings.

Best post in this thread.

I have a friend that supposedly outgrew his aspergers, though he still has to really keep himself in check during social situations and is prone to angry outbursts. He had pictures of peoples' faces on his refrigerator depicting different emotions so that he could memorize them. The only real clue I had before he told me was that I noticed he took jokes very literally. But he was very aware that he did this, so usually after a moment's confusion he'd make some comment like "oh, you're joking! Of course you don't have bodies hidden under the floorboards of your old house. Haha! Nice one." But yeah, as long as he doesn't drink too much he tends to get along pretty well. And pot helps. Apparently ever since he first got stoned he hasn't gone a day without pot... though he also tends to make a lot of shit up, so who knows. It's consistent enough with what I've observed, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's accurate.

There should be greater skepticism in the reports that autism is "on the rise" - it's not that at all. In the past there wasn't a term for it, and in retrospect people with asperger's were just "kind of off" or "strange." I really hope most parents don't accommodate it but instead help their children address it while also encouraging the creativity and intellectual abilities that come with it.

Sometimes, in social settings, I can't tell if girls are flirting with me or playfully teasing me because I'm game for silliness.

Once again, I am afraid to take this test.

I'm afraid to take it too. Just looking at it, I was pretty overwhelmed and didn't know where to really place what I thought the eyes were conveying. :(

Guest Aserinsky

There should be greater skepticism in the reports that autism is "on the rise" - it's not that at all. In the past there wasn't a term for it, and in retrospect people with asperger's were just "kind of off" or "strange." I really hope most parents don't accommodate it but instead help their children address it while also encouraging the creativity and intellectual abilities that come with it.

Totally agree, my mother works at the local school and it's amazing how many autistic / Asperger's children go undiagnosed because parents are reluctant to either get their children diagnosed or accept that they have a condition. It's interesting because I've shared this article among quite a few people and they've all read into it differently; someone I knew was highly critical of the article for example of "trivializing" autism, which was something I was completely unaware of when I first read the article. I think the point I wanted to make was the same you and chaosmachine were making, that with the correct guidance and help, autistic people are capable of becoming independent. Of course there will always be severe cases where autistic people will need cradle to the grave help, but the important thing is to use a diagnosis to actually treat the condition, not to excuse or dismiss unacceptable behaviours because "they can't help it". They might find it difficult to understand why their actions are wrong, but if they're just being told they can do it because they have an excuse, well that's just laziness from the people that should be enforcing positive stimuli.

• 3 weeks later...