IGNORED

sad songs you love

YEK

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought that particular Gas track sounded rather hopeful, but I can see how others would find it sad.

the hopeful one for me is this one

fuck always when I'm depressed I hear it...

I always thought that particular Gas track sounded rather hopeful, but I can see how others would find it sad.

A lot of good ambient is 50/50 that way. More in that hazy melancholy territory. I remember a comment where someone said that VLetmx21 just as easily be a soundtrack to walking through a peaceful, untouched forest as it could walking through some apocalyptic ruins of a city, and the context could easily sway how the actual song "feels" as a result.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried and True - Ween (Quebec). The entire album was pretty dark but that one stands out.

was going to post a different song from this album but decided to check the last few pages first... It's a shame that they never play or acknowledge this album, which is understandable cause it's a huge bummer and Ween isn't (wasn't) about bummers, but still

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I was in my late teens, I taped this song from radio, I still rememeber how the Dj said "we've got somewhat rare reguest, but here it comes Roy Orbison's "It's Over" from the golden sixties" and maybe to balance things out the DJ the bastard played ofter that Frank Zappa's "Broken Hearts are For Assholes" or something ... i taped that too ...

I so it came to pass that i was to experience my first ever heartbreak just afterwards, and I remember how listened to Roy's son ... and cried ... makes me laugh every time I think about it ... hearing the Zappa tune following it didn't much help

still I can get shivers or goose bumps listening Roy's voice and especially the very operatic ending ... highly recommended!

Archived