IGNORED

Songs you'd consider perfect if they didn't [insert gripe here]

joshuatxuk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any electronic music track that takes a 4/8/16 bar phrase and repeats it endlessly for longer than 3 minutes in an attempt at making a longer song ala all of aphex twin's older work

I recall a crazy saxophone solo in the song Drawing Flies off of Soundgarden's badmotorfinger album, but that's about it for 90's random sax in my memory. It was pretty sweet actually. Cephalic Carnage had a song with a similar crazy sax part on one of their more recent albums, also awesome. I can only conclude that heavy music needs more saxophone.

I actually wish some conductor of a major metropolitan orchestra would ball up and include a minute or two of yakety sax in the middle of some sombre Gorecki piece. Why is that not a thing that has happened?

I actually wish some conductor of a major metropolitan orchestra would ball up and include a minute or two of yakety sax in the middle of some sombre Gorecki piece. Why is that not a thing that has happened?

here's the best I can do for now

http://youtubedoubler.com/6Wxc

Guest Wall Bird

The Velvet Underground - Lady Godiva's Operation - The absolutely horrendous vocal overdubs that counter the vocal melody halfway through the song. Lou Reed comes in way out of tune sticks out like a sore thumb for two lines before disappearing. Apparently ZERO effort went into mixing them to gel with the rest of the track, either. The mix is awful, even by VU standards - so you know it's bad. What were they thinking?

Beyoncé - Single Ladies - That unnecessary bridge section where she quotes Buzz Lightyear

while i agree with the poor taste of 90s saxophone, I would not agree that's a poor intro song particularly. the saxophone isn't that prominent so.

no i was saying that the sopranos theme is fucking awesome and features saxophone and is from the 90s and is a tv show theme.

Well there's this band I like you might have heard of, called Audio Technology Redefined, and their songs are just jaw-droppingly awesome, but unfortunately they end.

Guest zaphod

speaking of m83, that fucking spoken word part in graveyard girl. textbook song ruining. also every interpol song would be great without paul banks' horrible lyrics.

Interpol's lyrics appealed to me as a angsty college freshman and because of the personal memories I have tied to that album I enjoy them.

But seriously, Paul Banks lyrics are essentially "nautical reference + sexual reference + couches"

Archived