IGNORED

Autechre's bonus tracks for Japan

Franciscus

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I quickly surfed discogs for japanese and american editions of all LPs and quasi-EPs (ep7, Move Of Ten) and it seems we already named all bonuses.

Tri Repetae: Medrey

Confield: MCR Quarter (Recorded Live At Band On The Wall, Manchester 1998)

Untilted: Zurich 2001

Quaristice: nu-Nr6d

Quadrange.ep.ae (Digital Exclusive EP): blyz Castl

Oversteps: Xektses sql

Move Of Ten: ClnChr

Youtube it by names

I quickly surfed discogs for japanese and american editions of all LPs and quasi-EPs (ep7, Move Of Ten) and it seems we already named all bonuses.

Youtube it by names

yup, that's the complete list i guess (excluding the upcoming exai one). the oversteps and quaristice bonus tracks aren't on youtube, sadly

What's the real title of the one on Exai? I'm pretty sure its not Keyosc

it is (lol)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exai

Maaaaaaayyyyybe. It's unsourced on wikipedia. In the gigantic Exai thread there was a link to a japanese page which listed the name of the bonus track. I don't remember it being Keyosc but if it is then S&R are watching us much more closely than I thought.

What's the real title of the one on Exai? I'm pretty sure its not Keyosc

it is (lol)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exai

Maaaaaaayyyyybe. It's unsourced on wikipedia. In the gigantic Exai thread there was a link to a japanese page which listed the name of the bonus track. I don't remember it being Keyosc but if it is then S&R are watching us much more closely than I thought.

It is listed as Keyosc, but the whole speculation was created by Kiosk 2x12 EP featuring in upcoming releases section of respectable old-school site Brainwashed (official home for Coil, TG, MBM and numerous others industrial heroes). At the same time someone surely keeps track of what's happening here hence fast deleting of mixcloud with tuinorizn and norman's previews - it wasn't discussed anywhere else.

It has always been on HMV Japan's page: http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Autechre_000000000041590/item_Exai-Ltd_5300889

Disc 1
    FLeure
    irlite (get 0)
    prac-f
    jatevee C
    T ess xi
    vekoS
    Flep
    tuinorizn
    bladelores

Disc 2
    1 1 is
    nodezsh
    runrepik
    spl9
    cloudline
    deco Loc
    recks on
    YJY UX
    18 (keyosc) (Bonus Track for Japan)

Interestingly enough, it comes out February 27th in Japan, almost a week ahead of the UK/ROW releases...

ah, yes, keyosc it is. interesting. we'll probably never know, but I bet there's a story behind the whole Kiosk thing. Thanks, JR, for digging up the HMV Japan link.

You really can't expect much with these bonus tracks; they're just incentives for Japanese domestic buyers to buy the local version versus the import - I imagine there's a bit of disdain from the artist's perspective having to dredge up an extra track that really wasn't meant to fit on what they had in mind for their album.

You really can't expect much with these bonus tracks; they're just incentives for Japanese domestic buyers to buy the local version versus the import - I imagine there's a bit of disdain from the artist's perspective having to dredge up an extra track that really wasn't meant to fit on what they had in mind for their album.

i guess so. the only two tracks that are really worth it imho are the ones on tri and move on ten and maybe quaristice. the rest is filler

True, but every once in a while it works out for the better. Of the several editions of Two Lone Swordsmen's Stay Down album, the Japanese one has the best tracklist and actually improves the alum for me. The US edition drops a track and tacks on most, but not all, of the accompanying ep. In Japan they just stuck Gay Spunk into the middle.

You really can't expect much with these bonus tracks; they're just incentives for Japanese domestic buyers to buy the local version versus the import

Is that really the reason for all these japan-only bonus tracks? Makes sense. But I always assumed it had something to do with creating cool collector's items for non-japanese people or something.

Youtube it by names

Quadrange.ep.ae (Digital Exclusive EP): 90101-51-4

Youtube it by names

Well, i guess there was some important 1-to-5-second bonus tweak that is absent from three other versions of the same poor muthafuckin track. Forgot how i hated all that quadrange.ep bullshit. Worst ae release scenario. Good thing that it's already tried out.

Youtube it by names

Well, i guess there was some important 1-to-5-second bonus tweak that is absent from three other versions of the same poor muthafuckin track. Forgot how i hated all that quadrange.ep bullshit. Worst ae release scenario. Good thing that it's already tried out.

Ahem … five other versions of the same poor muthafuckin track. :wink:

Youtube it by names

Ahem … five other versions of the same poor muthafuckin track. :wink:

No, three other. First one on Quaristice isn't same, just holds same title. Second on Quaristice (versions). Third and fourth on quadrange.ep. Those are three other. Four together with japanese bonus. WINK

Archived