IGNORED

80's inspired instrumental synth music

chim

The thread title is just an excuse to ask you to help me find more music like College:

So, yeah, more like this. Thank you.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really an expert on the field but I've heard lots of DMX Krew stuff that sound similar

Really enjoyed College tunes, keep the posts going!

When I saw this thread, I really, really wanted to post that Sapphire song, but I couldn't remember who made it and google was not helping. Muchas gracias.

[youtubehd]oVSx_eXVk3o[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]cTBMarhBpqI[/youtubehd]

these kick fucking ass, one of the few retro fetishistic artists who captures the 80s well. I think you posted these well over 2 years ago and they've been on my playlist ever since.

Brian E - Yellow Light District
3569303b33249b8c15ae29ff3dedcd7f.d4432a6
full stream http://www.recordlabelrecords.org/brian-e-yellow-light-district.html

this above release i would argue came out before most of the 80s retro fetish revival and also inspired a few watmmers to start working in a similar style. It is probably some of my favorite throwback electronic music ever made. top notch shit

Fluorescent Grey - Drinking TAB and Sucking on a Battery
a26f8b555c78afc5854a71da6954e4fb.d4432a6
full stream here

Guest igloos unlmtd

This one isn't real synth heavy but it sure is a scorcher. It was used in one of Jack Coleman's Al Knost movies :

Funny this thread should come up because I DJ'd some of this 80's retrowave stuff whilst dressed like Jack Burton at our new year party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5mrcCnJTTI

:wink:

and shit loads more on

playlist :music:
I've listened to your submitted tracks and they're fucking awesome, thank you.

[youtubehd]KOuRmn7ANx8[/youtubehd]

Thank you for this track.
I really like hat you're careful with the tracks, but unfortunately, they are all welcome in this thread. Thank you.

released on dmx krew's breakin' records, heard it on that great dmx & ceephax (with a small bit by disco d) breezeblock mix

I'm sorry. I know and I love you.

[youtubehd]oVSx_eXVk3o[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]cTBMarhBpqI[/youtubehd]

I know and I love you.

Guest nuclearaddict

Been into this scene for ages. A lot of stuff I would recommend has already been mentioned. Futurecop, The Outrunners, Clive Tanaka, etc.

It's also what inspires most of my music:

Archived