IGNORED

Elysium

Squee

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

been waiting for a trailer for this for so long now.

cannot wait to see this at the cinema. it should've been out now, but the studio pushed it back to an August release for some reason.

Looks pretty cool, if not a bit too black and white sounding regarding the plot. Maybe there are some twists that they wisely left out of the trailer.

Sad that I had to add "wisely" to that last sentence, it used to be the norm that trailers did NOT reveal everything...

Guest zaphod

I hope Peter "crank everything to 11" Jackson makes his influence as equally obvious as he did on District 9, preferably via the presence of ethnic instruments and background wailing

hope there's a scene near the end where matt damon gets shot a ridiculous number of times, falls to the ground and then we see a slow mo shot of a villain walking up to him with a sneer. ethnic lady warbling on the soundtrack, no other sound. maybe a shot of some other good character stuck in battle, not being able to help.

@azatoth: yep

and you will be wrong about this one Lumpz

this looks idm as fuk and I hope you are wrong Zaphod, but you are probably right.

Guest Frankie5fingers

District 9 was god awful, but ill save my judgment for this movie. cool visuals, like District 9. but lets see if they can actually write a plot this time.

Blomkamp seems to have a thing for power armor. Will probably see this at some point since it's sci-fi and the space station looks like the Citadel from Mass Effect.

isn't mass effect in a lot of aways a tribute to that classic scifi illustrator guy? but wouldn't be surprised if Blomkamp was a mass effect fan.

Archived