IGNORED

BoC promo record put up for sale on eBay

playbynumbers

anyway my point was that it should've gone to someone who actually wanted it (for reasons other than selling it)

I don't see how that's a controversial position lol

i would rather never listen to music again than be the kind of person who gets that sentimental and attached to shit like this

I honestly don't understand what is going on here

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a fake BoC fan

made from tile and pipe cleaners

i misspoke

lemme clarify

i meant 'true fan' as in 'person who wouldn't sell the thing one week after he found it'

and I think the record should have gone to someone who would like it enough to want to keep it for at least 8 days

I love how people in this thread just transcend material possessions all of a sudden

if you've ever gotten excited about something that physically exists

then IMO you're not allowed to act like I've made some rediculous claim

It's a record with 20 secs of music VS. college and a trip around the world :shrug:

fuck the record seriously fuck it

The seller was in his right mind to sell it sooner rather than later as it's not clear yet whether the other 6 are identical and/or will be found at all.

I'd probably have waited for a while before putting it up, but that could have easily turned into a bad idea.

I guess he thought to sell it while the hype is at its highest and fans were cumming hard. Probably intrigued to see what it could fetch. It says in the listing that the corner is bent a little so we can assume he's been sleeping with it. Maybe he's had the best of it? i think the novelty of playing it on a turntable would wear off after a few listens. If i had it I would frame it with the record half out of the sleeve. Then put it on ebay.

Now it does, obviously.

now what does what?

The record goes to someone who actually wants it (for reasons other than selling it).

I'll match the final sale price if someone kills limpyprick. Doesn't have to be a clean professional hit, an axe in the skull will do.

Now it does, obviously.

now what does what?

The record goes to someone who actually wants it (for reasons other than selling it).

There's probably a bunch of people out there who want it way more than the highest bidder does but can't afford to pay ridiculous amounts for it ... lolol: Imagine the highest bidder merely getting it to open a DJ-Set with it, heavy scratching included. :music:

i completely understand that most people would sell it, and I completely understand what that money is worth for most people.

The shame about the other 5 records (if they exist) is they're most likely gonna be found by people who are hunting for them because they know what they're worth rather than BOCheads who actually just want the record.

I'll match the final sale price if someone kills limpyprick. Doesn't have to be a clean professional hit, an axe in the skull will do.

i love being the scapegoat for your anger and frustration and lust for violence.

i completely understand that most people would sell it, and I completely understand what that money is worth for most people.

The shame about the other 5 records (if they exist) is they're most likely gonna be found by people who are hunting for them because they know what they're worth rather than BOCheads who actually just want the record.

i love being the scapegoat for your anger and frustration and lust for violence.

bean.gif

That puts you somewhat on a par with my favourite wanksock, although to be honest Barbara has a bit more charisma.

That puts you somewhat on a par with my favourite wanksock, although to be honest Barbara has a bit more charisma.

th_kelso-burn.jpg

The jealousy thing is bizarre. I hope he gets lots of cash for it and does something useful with it.

yeah what's the problem? people saying he doesn't deserve it? does the nutcase that splurges $5K to never play it, deserve it more?

A true fan who appreciates its beauty and who would never sell it is the one who deserves it. It's a Charlie Bucket vs. Veruca Salt kinda thing.

It has zero to do with jealousy, btw.

selling it will make sure it goes to someone who appreciates its "beauty". the guy's doing the right thing.

Guest jasondonervan

Current highest bidder only has 6 for their feedback. Okay, that could easily be a legitimate buyer/collector who barely uses ebay and has been waiting 8 years for something like this to come along, but I dunno... I think if I were the seller I'd feel a lot happier if the buyer was someone with a four figure feedback with a rating of 90% or higher. A few hours left to go, but I'm still not ruling out someone ruining the auction with some seriously michael mouse bidding.

Archived